QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andy! You must update us! The signal is in jeopardy! You can't let this stop the signal.

I emailed Andy and have some info to share. He is going to try and touch base here over the weekend at some point.

Basically, the factory that QMx originally planned to use to produce Mal was not meeting Andy's quality standards. They have found a factory that does, however they are still a few weeks out from having a new production sample to share. This new factory is costing QMx 50% more in production costs, but they are keeping the MSRP the same. Pretty damn cool of them, if you ask me!

I emailed Andy and have some info to share. He is going to try and touch base here over the weekend at some point.

Basically, the factory that QMx originally planned to use to produce Mal was not meeting Andy's quality standards. They have found a factory that does, however they are still a few weeks out from having a new production sample to share. This new factory is costing QMx 50% more in production costs, but they are keeping the MSRP the same. Pretty damn cool of them, if you ask me!

Yes, cool, but also smart on both fronts. People have already preordered at a certain price, also they are expecting a certain quality. This being the first 1/6 Qmx figure out of the gate, it will set a bar for expectations on the rest. Best to spend the time and money to get the foundation right.

Yes, cool, but also smart on both fronts. People have already preordered at a certain price, also they are expecting a certain quality. This being the first 1/6 Qmx figure out of the gate, it will set a bar for expectations on the rest. Best to spend the time and money to get the foundation right.

Has anybody preorder yet? I signed up for the pro-order, but never actually place a pre-order yet.

Has anybody preorder yet? I signed up for the pro-order, but never actually place a pre-order yet.

Anyone who, like me, and apparently you, signed up for the wait list through QMX's site, is still just on the wait list for the PO. Frustrating? Yes. But at least we now know it's for a good reason.

My biggest question is the eta now. I need to have a ball park figure to go off to make sure my finances are in order.

Hmm. Didn't realize that. I signed up to be alerted when he goes up for PO on the QMx website.

Just so you know, the Lassiter Laser Pistol, and a modular hand to hold same, are only available through QMX and no one else; otherwise, yes, he has been available for PO through other outlets.

Back