QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's Zoe.. We've seen Jayne's head sculpt, so I'm assuming he's next. Zoe rounds out the three that usually go on on the missions.

That is the direction we're leaning at the moment, partly because she seems a natural with Jayne and Mal. Also, we could then move on to Wash and who doesn't want a Wash with tiny dinosaurs? :wink1:

Agreed. It is a bit tedious to constantly have to track down unlicensed or custom versions of any character I care remotely for, because they're too niche to be worth Hot Toys' time.

We don't really view Hot Toys as a competitor – as you rightly point out, there's more than enough wonderful properties that no one's shown love to keep us busy for a long time. Plus, if we all (Hot Toys, Sideshow, QMx, etc.) do wonderful quality stuff, we can help expand the collector market and that helps everyone.

All ships rise on the same tide and all that :)

Hi Andy,

Any chance you guys are thinking of doing some environment bits? Like maybe the Mule? A control panel and pilot chair for Wash? A bit of the stairway/catwalk from the cargo bay? Just wondering.

Keep up the great work! Looking forward to having the whole crew!

The version I've seen just has a plan black oval base, but that may not be final. I'll check with the project lead and see what he's thinking.

BTW, sorry for missing a few days here. Things went quiet on the thread so I didn't check back until just now. My mistake!

Thanks, appreciate it

That is the direction we're leaning at the moment, partly because she seems a natural with Jayne and Mal. Also, we could then move on to Wash and who doesn't want a Wash with tiny dinosaurs? :wink1:

And a dashboard with blinky lights so he can pull a Crazy Ivan?

Sounds like a decent plan!

I still weep when I see Gentle Giant's Picard...high end TNG are my Grail.

103.jpg

Yeah, that was a real bummer when that figure never happened, instead we got those abysmal Dragon figures. Even when they were being clearanced for $30 I couldn't bring myself to buy one :lol

The version I've seen just has a plan black oval base, but that may not be final. I'll check with the project lead and see what he's thinking.

BTW, sorry for missing a few days here. Things went quiet on the thread so I didn't check back until just now. My mistake!

It'd be pretty cool to have a connecting environment base of Serenity's hanger bay doors.

Awesome! I'm down the for whole crew! However, I can't help to say that I do hope the line does well enough so that I get Kaylee (my second favorite :)) I'm more than sure I'm in the minority, but if I had to choose one other character it would be her and everyone would probably hate me for it haha

Also just want to say thanks to Andy for constantly coming in here to answer all of our questions :clap:

Awesome! I'm down the for whole crew! However, I can't help to say that I do hope the line does well enough so that I get Kaylee (my second favorite :)) I'm more than sure I'm in the minority, but if I had to choose one other character it would be her and everyone would probably hate me for it haha

Also just want to say thanks to Andy for constantly coming in here to answer all of our questions :clap:

Add me in for Kaylee, she is actually my favourite character.

Hi, Andy. Any idea when we can expect to be able to pre-order from the OMx website? It seems everyone but you guys has it up already... Thanks.

Add my vote for Kaylee. There's got to be a Kaylee! :)

View attachment 111685

(She loves her captain!)
:hi5:
Fell in love with Kaylee the first time I saw her on screen. I was fortunate to meet her at a recent comic-con, and she is just as sweet and nice as you'd wish her to be.

Long been a favorite.

Old Grandpa

Same here on both accounts!

I met her (and Nathan) just 2 weeks ago at DCC and she signed and personalized my Firefly steelbook. Jewel is a very sweet person. Nathan is also extremely nice and polite. It kind of shocked me. Not that I thought they'd be snobs or anything hair didn't expect them to be so nice either lol

Add me in for Kaylee, she is actually my favourite character.

And here I thought I was a lone :1-1: figured most would have Zoe as their top female character.

I think this was one of those rare shows where every character was unique and pretty well liked. For me I couldn't even begin to think of not having even one character missing from the line up. I know there are a few that would just be happy with Mal, Zoe and Jayne and even though I would be happy to get them I also think the rest of the crew are just as important and needed to make a complete display. This is kind of odd for me because I am in no way a completest collector and rarely want every character made from a franchise. Firefly is just different. If you are a fan of firefly then it is really hard not to care about each character. If I had a display of every character except Book or missing Simon it wouldn't be right in my eyes.

I really like this figure. I loved the show and miss watching it. I wish they'd bring it back. I think if only one figure from the show ever gets made, Mal is the right choice. I'd love to see the rest of the crew though.

I want the whole crew; I don't care in what order - they could make Simon next (my least favorite character, but one that I still like) for all I care. I watch this show at least once a year, including the movie, and I still enjoy it immensely. I was bummed when they took it off, but in a way I'm glad they were able to sort of wrap it up nicely. I'm also glad it didn't stick around too long to outstay its welcome (like most popular shows on TV MASH, Friends, Big Bang Theory, Two and Half Men -- all shows having been or are being run into the ground). If it had to end early, so be it. What we have is a handful of great episodes and a cool movie.

Back