QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds (1st page updated with hi-res photos)

I assume a few of you emailed BBTS on that price issue? Let us know what they say.

Re: QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds (1st page updated with hi-res photos)

What is there to e-mail them about? They realized either the popularity and/or the price they were actually going to have to pay to stock it, and raised the price. At this point, folks who got in early probably lucked out, BBTS rarely raises pre-order prices after you placed one.

What is there to e-mail them about? They realized either the popularity and/or the price they were actually going to have to pay to stock it, and raised the price. At this point, folks who got in early probably lucked out, BBTS rarely raises pre-order prices after you placed one.

I didn't want to flood them. If my pre order price doesn't stick I'll cancel, with the news Andy gave us about preorders for the exclusive not going up right away I'll have the cash waiting next week. I don't know the bbts policy on preorders with price changes.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Ah, go ahead and e-mail them if you are concerned. They have a customer service department who is tasked with that sort of thing. I'm pretty sure they have a policy that prices can change, but if so you'll most likely receive an e-mail. I do think that whenever the regular price goes down, your pre-order cost decreases to that level, but I've had several instances of pre-ordering something, price went up on the site, by my pre-order price stayed the same. My guess is it was the popularity of this one that led to them jacking it up.

Ah, go ahead and e-mail them if you are concerned. They have a customer service department who is tasked with that sort of thing. I'm pretty sure they have a policy that prices can change, but if so you'll most likely receive an e-mail. I do think that whenever the regular price goes down, your pre-order cost decreases to that level, but I've had several instances of pre-ordering something, price went up on the site, by my pre-order price stayed the same. My guess is it was the popularity of this one that led to them jacking it up.

True. I had an experience with Amazon once, they charged me the original preorder price on something even though the price had gone down.

The confirmation email I received when I placed the order yesterday with BBTS says $159.99.

Yeah they might honor the ones that ordered when it was priced at 159.99, Ive seen them do that before. Ive also seen them raise prices of pre orders when they see it becoming very hot, maybe they received a lot of orders.

I canceled yesterday after talking to Andy and wanted to order the exclusive :gah:

Looks like Alter Ego has it for pre order at $159.99 at the moment.

I canceled yesterday after talking to Andy and wanted to order the exclusive :gah:

If they allow you to cancel at any time why wouldn't you wait until you had the other one ordered first?

If they allow you to cancel at any time why wouldn't you wait until you had the other one ordered first?

Cus, I am a dufus and would forget and get charged for both

Cus, I am a dufus and would forget and get charged for both

Lol. I am deathly afraid I am somehow going to miss the QMX preorder and end up with nothing.

:goodpost:
You're a hero to my people, Andy. :)

Thanks, Ryan. Oh, and just so I'm completely clear on this point -

For those people who were responsible for canceling Firefly? There's a Special Hell reserved for them, far worse than the one for child molesters and people who talk in the theater.

Thanks, Ryan. Oh, and just so I'm completely clear on this point -

For those people who were responsible for canceling Firefly? There's a Special Hell reserved for them, far worse than the one for child molesters and people who talk in the theater.

You are a God among men here now.

Those new key chains, especially serenity on a leaf, are they soon? I'm grabbing two at least. They are very cool mementos.

Lol. I am deathly afraid I am somehow going to miss the QMX preorder and end up with nothing.

Hey guys, just to be clear, we want you to be able to get Mal where ever you're most comfortable. I know from personal experience that BBTS is a reliable retailer - I've bought more than a few things there myself. Of course, I'd say the same thing about us. But then, what else would I say? :wink1:

And if you change your mind later, we'll still be there!

Also, I can confirm that initial interest from resellers for the Mal figure has been very strong...

Hey guys, just to be clear, we want you to be able to get Mal where ever you're most comfortable. I know from personal experience that BBTS is a reliable retailer - I've bought more than a few things there myself. Of course, I'd say the same thing about us. But then, what else would I say? :wink1:

And if you change your mind later, we'll still be there!

Also, I can confirm that initial interest from resellers for the Mal figure has been very strong...

Oh I plan to get it from you when you put it up, but want to have my basis covered in the meantime.

Wow! A lot happens in a day. Thanks for all your responses, Andy. I signed the wait list the second I saw this on your site. I cannot wait to add the entire crew to my collection (TV or film version doesn't matter to me as long as I get the whole crew). And hopefully these will be so popular you can then move on to the original Star Trek crew - I still don't get why no one has made them before...

Would love them to do Battlestar Galactica, I know they've had the license of other things from them before.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Would love them to do Battlestar Galactica, I know they've had the license of other things from them before.

That would be very cool. Starbuck or any of the Viper Pilots in the tanks and BDUs underneath the flight suits with helmets. I'd be down for that.

Rewatching the first episode of Firefly as we speak. Haven't seen it in a few years, but still a really fun show.

I think I might as well do the same. I have the blu ray of Firefly and Serenity but I haven't watched them in years. I've been meaning to rewatch the show along with Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (both great doomed TV shows) for some while now.

I have to mention that Serenity is jaw dropping on blu ray, the visuals and surround sound are pure reference quality and one of those movies that demands to be watched on the best setup possible.

Back