Q&A with Howard Chan (Hot Toys) @ACGHHK by Mark Osr

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The news about Pepper Potts is awesome!
She was in all 3 Iron Man movies.
She was in The Avengers.
She won the Hot Toys fan poll,the same one where Agent Coulson came in dead last.
She should have been made a while ago.
Maybe with the wait,we'll get a better sculpt.

They might rethink Maria Hill.
I heard she'll appear on the new Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show.
So who knows.

I think HT needs to stop making Iron suits.
They aren't even Iron Man,Stark wasn't in half these things in the film.
Pull the plug on the empty suits and concentrate on other figures that have been promised.

The interviewer should have also asked Howard Chan how he feels about all those "bootleg" head sculpts and HT TT "clones" appearing in the market with quality almost/just as good as HT quality (i.e. essentially recasts), but at cheaper prices.

Best part is Howard Chan taking shots at Marvel. He is clearly upset about the fact that Marvel has given other companies the opportunity to compete with HT.

I think Howard Chan is just having a midlife crisis. Every night, after work, he goes home and does Martin Sheen in Apocalypse Now Karate moves in front of his mirror while wearing a $20 Iron Man 3 Halloween costume.

:lol:lect:exactly:ure

Also, I can't wrap my brain around why Pepper Potts = yes and Maria Hill = No.

Unless, they're doing Pepper Potts in the Iron Man suit. . . which makes perfect sense.

She's been in 4 of the movies and is Tony's love interest. Most people who aren't comic readers don't even remember who Maria Hill was in Avengers, they forgot right after seeing the movie.

She's been in 4 of the movies and is Tony's love interest. Most people who aren't comic readers don't even remember who Maria Hill was in Avengers, they forgot right after seeing the movie.

I have to concur, I read Avengers many years ago and while I loved the movie, I had no idea who you were talking about.

Pepper is ok. I like having female characters but prefer if they are a bit more orientated to dramatic costuming... I would not doubt that Pepper would end up in the IM suit (He said the head sculpt should be done about now... if they go the IM suit their work is done right there).

I am not sure I would buy one but I would like to see what they pull off. I am trying to think of any of her other movies I was impressed with and would make a bash but I can't...

Don't hold your breath on any of those.
I wouldn't believe a word Chan says. He's been towing the company line for years. His broken promises have about as much merit as a politician. But hey we will keep making Iron Mans until the end of time. Thanks Howard, I hate Iron Man because of you and Trevor.
news is cool but I have zero expectation for anything soon.....maybe 2015 -3016. Everything else was known, just confirmed....delayed.
I can picture this interview being referred to in 3 years ''I think I kinda sorta remember Howard Chan saying they were gonna do a figure...but ehhh
:exactly: :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Is John Blake more important than Ras Al Ghul!? :rotfl
Is Rises more important than Arkham City, GOTY 2012? :dunno

Maria Hill is about as needed as the guy playing Galaga
:goodpost: :lecture:lecture:lecture

Posted on OSR's facebook page by Mark:

7. Why is there a delay on X-Men First Class figure line?, Even Professor X is delayed, will this line still be continued?

We will try to make it for next year, maybe release it together with the movie release of X-Men: Days of Future Past.

suicide_booth.gif

The new Q&A is so much better, thank you for whoever provided us with it. As expected, everything is delayed because HT loves shoving Iron men up our @$$es.

Back