Psylocke (What could have been).

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullseye

Super Freak
Reaction score
Seems strange that they would not have produced this one. Its a nice sculpt of her and I am sure they would have sold it. Maybe Marvel did not approve it. Bowen is producing a very similarly posed one. Strange.

BcHEHgBWkKGrHgoOKjcEjlLmPeBKcQNSdn_.jpg

BcHErgWkKGrHgoOKjkEjlLmytBKcQNVqkYQ.jpg

BRFqwWkKGrHgoOKjEjlLmZDmvBKcQNTyEZ_.jpg

BcHFfg2kKGrHgoOKjkEjlLmytBKcQNZpHg_.jpg

Maybe thats why it was rejected but there have been museum poses before.

I'm glad it never came out.

First its almost dead on the Marvel Collector's Club statue way back when and we also mentioned the Bowen comparison.

review_psylocke_3.jpg

Second, the sculpt is horrible, I hate all of these sculpts that "water down" the Asian look. In recent times many licensees have gotten into the habit of changing the look because Betsy Braddock is English in origin. The thing is that this character in this incarnation was always drawn Asian and should continue to be done if this look is going to be tackled.

psylocke1.jpg

art_jleexact.jpg

Not to mention forget the museum poses already make her dynamic.

psylocke.gif

I'm A Big Fan Of Psylocke And Wish SSC Would Make A Pf Or Comiquette Of Her. I Have The Dio On Order But I Have Mixed Feelings About It.

It doesnt look Sideshowish enough....doest have the awe factor that most Sideshow pieces have.Still, its a great sculpt.

Seems strange that they would not have produced this one. Its a nice sculpt of her and I am sure they would have sold it. Maybe Marvel did not approve it. Bowen is producing a very similarly posed one. Strange.

BcHEHgBWkKGrHgoOKjcEjlLmPeBKcQNSdn_.jpg

BcHErgWkKGrHgoOKjkEjlLmytBKcQNVqkYQ.jpg

BRFqwWkKGrHgoOKjEjlLmZDmvBKcQNTyEZ_.jpg

BcHFfg2kKGrHgoOKjkEjlLmytBKcQNZpHg_.jpg

oh, wow!:google...........now that's a Bowen!

Kinda boring........

maybe that's why it was cancelled.....majority wants to see her in a dynamic pose and I for one is down for it!...the dio with Spiral's not doing anything for me!..I mean it's good, but not great so I'll wait.:huh...

yes please i have the Vs dio on order to hold me over until they make one though:D
I might cancel (thinking about selling all of my Dio's) it, since Sideshow is working on Psylocke. Would much rather have her in large scale!

her face is beautiful though.
One of the most beautiful female sculpts so far, let's hope they can recreate it for the one they produce.

I actually like museum poses, it doesn't necessarily have to be dynamic for me. I agree that the sculpt is beautiful.

First its almost dead on the Marvel Collector's Club statue way back when and we also mentioned the Bowen comparison.

review_psylocke_3.jpg

She doesn't even look the same as the Neca version. Her face is a lot prettier in the SS piece, the sword isn't going the same way and her head isn't turned, nothing like it.

review_psylocke_3.jpg

Second, the sculpt is horrible, I hate all of these sculpts that "water down" the Asian look. In recent times many licensees have gotten into the habit of changing the look because Betsy Braddock is English in origin. The thing is that this character in this incarnation was always drawn Asian and should continue to be done if this look is going to be tackled.

psylocke1.jpg

art_jleexact.jpg

Not to mention forget the museum poses already make her dynamic.

psylocke.gif

I was always under the impression that she was only half Asian.
I just found this-
"She is the twin sister of Brian Braddock, better known as the superhero Captain Britain and first appeared in his eponymous series.[18]" ^ Captain Britain (Vol. 1) #8

So it would seem that she is in fact half Asian.

As an aside, I really like the sculpt of this statue. I mean the Sideshow prototype.

Last edited:
I was always under the impression that she was only half Asian.
I just found this-
"She is the twin sister of Brian Braddock, better known as the superhero Captain Britain and first appeared in his eponymous series.[18]" ^ Captain Britain (Vol. 1) #8
So it would seem that she is in fact half Asian.
937122-mxm_ch_013_psylocke_super.jpg

Let me introduce to you the very confusing world of Marvel comics and mind swaps and alternate dimensions.

It depends on which Psylocke you are thinking of. The ORIGINAL Psylocke (her body at least), was the twin sister of Captain Britain, English, and typically wore purple and violet armor and a large cloak. When she went through the Siege Perilous during the Fall of the Mutants, she was changed.

When she came out, the Leader of the Hand got ahold of her and convinced Mojo/Spiral to switch Psylocke's mind with a Hand assassin named Kwannon; who was Asian. This left Kwannon's mind in Psylocke's British body and Betsy's mind in Kwannon's ninja Asian body. Psylocke (Betsy) was then trained as a Hand Ninja, regained her memory as Betsy, rejoined the X-Men, and is now an Asian body with an English 'brain.'

They tried bringing Kwannon (renamed Revanche) back a few years ago, but the story was really choppy so they killed her off quickly, AND, they recently brought brought her back during a Sisterhood arc.

Back