Psylocke (What could have been).

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sell some stuff Great Wall !!!! Sell some of your doubles and this will be paid for...:rock

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>WOW! $2350! USD? For 1 little statue? I think its a bit much.... yes its the ONLY one of its kind, but what if SS later releases a very very similar Psylocke that looks even better? And it would be only around the same price as the rest of the comiquettes right? Like less then $200?
I would pass. Think of all the other statues and collectables you could get for that much money.

It may be worth it, however it's also true that with that money you can buy basically anything out of Sideshow.

WOW! $2350! USD? For 1 little statue? I think its a bit much.... yes its the ONLY one of its kind, but what if SS later releases a very very similar Psylocke that looks even better? And it would be only around the same price as the rest of the comiquettes right? Like less then $200?
I would pass. Think of all the other statues and collectables you could get for that much money.

This is original art, if I am not mistaken. So, although it LOOKS like so many other statues, which happen to have hundreds of COPIES, this is an ORIGINAL piece. If you want to buy an original oil painting it will cost a LOT more than if you buy a copy of it, even though the copy looks pretty much the same.

Okay, so using "museum pose" and "boring" because there's no action standards, the new Mystique Comiquette meets these criteria.

This is original art, if I am not mistaken. So, although it LOOKS like so many other statues, which happen to have hundreds of COPIES, this is an ORIGINAL piece. If you want to buy an original oil painting it will cost a LOT more than if you buy a copy of it, even though the copy looks pretty much the same.

I agree, you just never know what will appreciate in value. Thats why my rule is I buy it because I like it. This way, if the value goes down, I don't care... so much ;)

Bottom line, if this turns into the my pockets are deeper than yours equivalent of unzipping their flys, so much the better for the charity :clap

Money is not an issue. Now i think about it, this is freaking rediculous. With that kind of money i basically could buy anything SS( except the bronze and life size statues).

indeed ridiculous! just wait for them to do a better psylocke. I bet they will.

$4555! Did u win greatwall? Congrats to the winner, it is a nice statue and if u can afford it then all the best.
Ill be waiting for the Production version and hope it will be pretty similar to this one.

$4555! Did u win greatwall? Congrats to the winner, it is a nice statue and if u can afford it then all the best.
Ill be waiting for the Production version and hope it will be pretty similar to this one.
ha ha ha greatwall did not win because he is too damn cheap. If it was Thor or IM i as sure you no one will out bid greatwall.

Thank DS. $4555 that is absurd. You could buy probably 15 similar Psylocke in the future.

Yeah, but how many of this one will you be able to buy in the future? Too paraphrase, value is in the eye of the holder. If you didn't have enough money and wanted to go that high, I'm sorry. If had enough, but decided to back off, then it was a wise decision on your part.

The price was probably absurd to a great many people as well as yourself. But maybe those other collector's motives were as altruistic as their desire for this collectible. This was a charity auction after all.

BTW, I saw that you went to $2500. Auctions just beg you to take one more shot, don't they? ;)

Yeah, but how many of this one will you be able to buy in the future? Too paraphrase, value is in the eye of the holder. If you didn't have enough money and wanted to go that high, I'm sorry. If had enough, but decided to back off, then it was a wise decision on your part.

The price was probably absurd to a great many people as well as yourself. But maybe those other collector's motives were as altruistic as their desire for this collectible. This was a charity auction after all.

BTW, I saw that you went to $2500. Auctions just beg you to take one more shot, don't they? ;)
Trust me, it is a wise decision.

it is all subjective...most people out there would think all of us are nuts.

I would bet the person who won didn't even blink at the final price.

what I am getting at is we all have differing ideas as to the value of an item and what may seem absurd to one person is entirely reasonable to another.

Trust me, it is a wise decision.

Oh wait, that sentence should have read, "... a wise decision because I would have crushed you into oblivion. Just kidding man, we all have our price. :peace

Oh yeah, you shouldn't post what your bidding, someone might be watching. :monkey3

it is all subjective...most people out there would think all of us are nuts.

I would bet the person who won didn't even blink at the final price.

They do and no I didn't.
grin.gif

Last edited:
Back