Psylocke (What could have been).

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
937122-mxm_ch_013_psylocke_super.jpg

Let me introduce to you the very confusing world of Marvel comics and mind swaps and alternate dimensions.

It depends on which Psylocke you are thinking of. The ORIGINAL Psylocke (her body at least), was the twin sister of Captain Britain, English, and typically wore purple and violet armor and a large cloak. When she went through the Siege Perilous during the Fall of the Mutants, she was changed.

When she came out, the Leader of the Hand got ahold of her and convinced Mojo/Spiral to switch Psylocke's mind with a Hand assassin named Kwannon; who was Asian. This left Kwannon's mind in Psylocke's British body and Betsy's mind in Kwannon's ninja Asian body. Psylocke (Betsy) was then trained as a Hand Ninja, regained her memory as Betsy, rejoined the X-Men, and is now an Asian body with an English 'brain.'

They tried bringing Kwannon (renamed Revanche) back a few years ago, but the story was really choppy so they killed her off quickly, AND, they recently brought brought her back during a Sisterhood arc.

Ok, so mentally all English, but physically all Asian.

^^^what he said but u forgot the part about how Kwannon contracted the Legacy Virus and died...NO WAIT, I think she asked someone to kill her!?:confused:....

937122-mxm_ch_013_psylocke_super.jpg

Let me introduce to you the very confusing world of Marvel comics and mind swaps and alternate dimensions.

It depends on which Psylocke you are thinking of. The ORIGINAL Psylocke (her body at least), was the twin sister of Captain Britain, English, and typically wore purple and violet armor and a large cloak. When she went through the Siege Perilous during the Fall of the Mutants, she was changed.

When she came out, the Leader of the Hand got ahold of her and convinced Mojo/Spiral to switch Psylocke's mind with a Hand assassin named Kwannon; who was Asian. This left Kwannon's mind in Psylocke's British body and Betsy's mind in Kwannon's ninja Asian body. Psylocke (Betsy) was then trained as a Hand Ninja, regained her memory as Betsy, rejoined the X-Men, and is now an Asian body with an English 'brain.'

They tried bringing Kwannon (renamed Revanche) back a few years ago, but the story was really choppy so they killed her off quickly, AND, they recently brought brought her back during a Sisterhood arc.

Now I think about this, and realize that Mojo can create mutants, or at least copy the mutant physiological characteristics of one body and then transform another body into that. Wait, if that were true, then why wouldn't Kwannon's body be totally transformed into Betsy's body? Hmm. If Betsy Braddock is a mutant and thus that is where she gets her powers from, then her powers are physiologically based, and not spiritually based. Therefore, if her mind is merely switched into another body, she will lose all of her powers because they were physiologically based and were entirely derived from the unique characteristics of her physical body, and had nothing to do with her mind, or spirit. Sure, she would remember that she had all those powers, but she would lose them, if her mind was switched. If her powers were spiritually based ie were the result of spiritual development, then she would retain those powers regardless of what body she was put into.

^^^what he said but u forgot the part about how Kwannon contracted the Legacy Virus and died...NO WAIT, I think she asked someone to kill her!?:confused:....

Hey, I mentioned the whole "bring Kwannon back, stupid story, kill her off fast." :mad: The Sisterhood arc that brought here back was more creative, but still...stretched to fit Kwannon in and resurrect her. I am going to have to go break those back out and see whether or not they killed her off again or not since I was more interested in whether or not Jean was going to come back; I will say that the device that they had Psylocke in while they resurrected Kwannon was really S&Mish; I think Madelynne Pryor spent time with a dominatrix to think of that thing. :sick

Honestly, Psylocke is a cool character, as long as you can ignore how she became Asian and not try to piece together all of the Kwannon/Revanche stories. Blackthorneone...don't overthink it...it is a comic book.

The comiquette looks voloptuous. Somehow her body proportions is tiny bit off. Perhaps I've always relate her to a more 'athletic' built. I'd prefer to have one of the comic artist's rendition of her.

Hey, I mentioned the whole "bring Kwannon back, stupid story, kill her off fast." :mad: The Sisterhood arc that brought here back was more creative, but still...stretched to fit Kwannon in and resurrect her. I am going to have to go break those back out and see whether or not they killed her off again or not since I was more interested in whether or not Jean was going to come back; I will say that the device that they had Psylocke in while they resurrected Kwannon was really S&Mish; I think Madelynne Pryor spent time with a dominatrix to think of that thing. :sick

Honestly, Psylocke is a cool character, as long as you can ignore how she became Asian and not try to piece together all of the Kwannon/Revanche stories. Blackthorneone...don't overthink it...it is a comic book.

Kwannon lives.........I think!....hold on a minute, I'ma grab the last two issues!:lol......

edit:...done reading.........yet again.....ok, I don't think it was Kwannon they brought back to life....hell, I don't even think they were trying to!:huh......

Last edited:
Kwannon lives.........I think!....hold on a minute, I'ma grab the last two issues!:lol......

edit:...done reading.........yet again.....ok, I don't think it was Kwannon they brought back to life....hell, I don't even think they were trying to!:huh......

Yes, they tried to bring her back to life because the Sisterhood went to Japan and dug up her grave; I think I remember it going wrong and the other women getting mad at Madelynne.

Yes, they tried to bring her back to life because the Sisterhood went to Japan and dug up her grave; I think I remember it going wrong and the other women getting mad at Madelynne.

yeah, she was the test run but I don't think it was Kwannon inside...I think Psylocke was brainwashed!...it's on issue 511 when she's fighting allison!...anyway, I remember Maddie saying something about how she needs a body sufficient enough to house her consciousness/mental powers/whatever and Jean's body is the only one that could ever do that since they're pretty much the same anyways!...so yeah,no Kwannon I think...just a dead, sexy corpse brought back to life.....

The Red Queen--which is, I guess, Maddy Pryor's "spirit"--used Kwannon/Betsy in an experiment to see if she could successfully place someone's mind in a dead body. The plan worked, and Betsy was placed back into her healed body. By the end of the storyline, Betsy was yet again returned to her Asian body and the Revanche body was killed...yet again. There's supposed to be a Psylocke mini-series coming up which documents her paying her last respects to her former body.

If I'm remembering correctly, Kwannon originally was a mutant with telepathy too, which could explain how Betsy retained telepathy after the body switch.

As for the statue, I'm not a fan. As has been said, it doesn't pop like SS statues usually do. It does look like it's a Bowen and I don't usually budge on those.

The Red Queen--which is, I guess, Maddy Pryor's "spirit"--used Kwannon/Betsy in an experiment to see if she could successfully place someone's mind in a dead body. The plan worked, and Betsy was placed back into her healed body. By the end of the storyline, Betsy was yet again returned to her Asian body and the Revanche body was killed...yet again. There's supposed to be a Psylocke mini-series coming up which documents her paying her last respects to her former body.

If I'm remembering correctly, Kwannon originally was a mutant with telepathy too, which could explain how Betsy retained telepathy after the body switch.

As for the statue, I'm not a fan. As has been said, it doesn't pop like SS statues usually do. It does look like it's a Bowen and I don't usually budge on those.

she was a low-level telepath and when she died, Betsy gained all her telepathic awesomeness which made her much more stronger!:rock.....

the face is nice. but there's something off about the body sculpt. esp the shoulders...

anyway, psylocke is one of my favourite marvel ladies and would love to see a comiquette of her...

I think that what is throwing off the body sculpt is the gigantic BOOBS! Look, I enjoy a nice stylized comic lady as much as the next guy, but come on! Sometimes I think that when they are designing one of these pieces, they just go to the gigantic boob locker and paste 'em on (and for those of you who don't have a gigantic boob locker, I highly recommend that you pick one up)...

There can be a little variety in these women. I happen to like a more athletic vs. voluptuous build on a lot of women - and I think Psylocke would be a classic athletic silouette, IMAO.

A=Arrogant.

no, it's not the boobies that are off, it's the shoulders and the fact that it looks like a Bowen.:google

Back