PS3 Users: Warning

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thing I just backed up my PS3 two weeks ago... but I'll need to replay Heavy Rain and AvP to get the trophies again. I'm gonna try to log in tomorrow and cross my fingers that everything is fine. Looks like I have a good reason to ante up and get slim now....I'll have to keep my old one for playing my PS2/PS1 games though.

Aren't trophies backed up on the PSN? You should be fine if you got them because this bug went all to hell. When the PSN goes back up if we re-sync the trophies should reappear..... I hope.

Aren't trophies backed up on the PSN? You should be fine if you got them because this bug went all to hell. When the PSN goes back up if we re-sync the trophies should reappear..... I hope.

I'm thinking that's going to be the case. The trophies will just re-sync and all will be well.

This explains quite a bit about my troubles earlier on. I thought it was something on my end.

Reading through the neogaf stuff makes me wonder how they will fix this. It sounds like there is a problem whether the machine is connected or not!

I haven't turned my Slim on even though it sounds like I have nothing to fear, so I don't know if I'm affected or not.

This event has produced the Kotaku article with the most reader comments ever:

https://kotaku.com/5482328/ps3s-suffering-from-global-network-lockdown

I really wanted to play Heavy Rain tonight. :(

just saw this:

340x.gif

Internet works fast.

I just played Heavy Rain earlier today and everything seemed fine. I have the 120 GB Slim model. It's just strange that it seems to be affecting the older models only. I hope they get it straightened out soon and you guys that had problems get your trophies back.

this pissed me off! i can't believe it's happening! i couldn't play heavy rain at all today!

hope this is fixed soon...i guess i'll keep playing on my xbox 360!

Same here. Really wanted to play Heavy Rain. Damn you Y2K!!!

I HAD been playing Heavy Rain. Thats the worse part. Switched it off to jump in the bath, came back and everything had gone so terribly terribly wrong. lol. Searched online and found what had been happening. That was about 6 hours ago. Still not working. :( Apparently its supposed to be fixed this morning. Fingers crossed.

By all accounts the slim model has been fine. Just the older "fat" models. So i'd imagine u'll be ok.

Same crap happened to me. None of my paid for games work either.. Hopefully this gets fixed soon and we don't have to send our PS3 in at all. I have a day 1 20GB Ps3 model that is a workhorse since I use it everyday now since I bought it for everything (movies, music, games, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back