PS3 Users: Warning

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikirik

Super Freak
Reaction score
Last edited:
How did the firmware get a virus? Hack?

How did the firmware get a virus? Hack?

I'm not too sure but from what I've been gathering, it's only affecting older models. People with slim models are having better chances of being able to get into PSN. I don't know what kind of problem to call it. If it was a server shutdown then the slims shouldn't be able to sign on, however they are still able to do so and the older models are not.

So that's why I haven't been able to log into PSN. Hopefully none of my trophies get erased. If they do I'm buying another 360 and never playing on PSN again.

So that's why I haven't been able to log into PSN. Hopefully none of my trophies get erased. If they do I'm buying another 360 and never playing on PSN again.

You should be okay as long as you don't try to boot any games. If you do the trophy data will get erased. One example I know of is Modern Warfare 2 and it can't be played offline even because of the trophy data getting deleted.

I've also read that people playing Heavy Rain have also had their trophies deleted.

WARNING!!!!!

XBOX >>> ps3

Hey! There's nothing wrong with either systems.

It's just NOW we know why one is free and the other you need to pay for. :lol

Does this effect the PSP PSN? I was playing Little Big Planet PSP earlier.

is playstation trying to fix this problem?

so if I log on right now on MW2 to play online all my throphies will be gone ?

If you boot up MW2 when it goes to sync the trophy data it will fail. This is apparently also stopping people from playing it offline because the game needs trophy data to be installed and it somehow gets deleted in the syncing process.

Hey! There's nothing wrong with either systems.

It's just NOW we know why one is free and the other you need to pay for. :lol

Does this effect the PSP PSN? I was playing Little Big Planet PSP earlier.

It shouldn't be. It seems to be affecting the PS3 only.

my friend is on MW2 playing right now on ps3 slim.
it might be just affecting first gen ps3's mybe.

any word on when they will fix this?
so to avoid losing anything just stay away from ps3 till its fix?

my friend is on MW2 playing right now on ps3 slim.
it might be just affecting first gen ps3's mybe.

any word on when they will fix this?
so to avoid losing anything just stay away from ps3 till its fix?

Yeah the slims aren't having any problems right now and it looks like the majority of people experiencing the problem have first gen PS3 consoles. To be safe I would stay away from playing anything for the time being.

Just HAD to happen after the Gold in hockey today huh? :rolleyes:

Crap!I went onto Heavy Rain,now my trophies aren't showing!Hope PSN can retrieve em.

Mine won't connect to PSN, and it was very annoying. At least now I know why...

thanks for the heads up.

Crap!I went onto Heavy Rain,now my trophies aren't showing!Hope PSN can retrieve em.

It may be gone on your system right now but some people have tested using their accounts on a slim system and were able to retrieve their trophies. Since the trophies are stored on PSN, you should be able to sync them back to your system when the issue is resolved, which will hopefully be soon.

If this happened to my xbl account I'd be very annoyed. I hope you guys can get this sorted out !.

Good thing I just backed up my PS3 two weeks ago... but I'll need to replay Heavy Rain and AvP to get the trophies again. I'm gonna try to log in tomorrow and cross my fingers that everything is fine. Looks like I have a good reason to ante up and get slim now....I'll have to keep my old one for playing my PS2/PS1 games though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back