Prologue Elven Warrior Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, but how are they going to put him into a super-hero pose in that gear? :rotfl

That council attire is more of a PF project IMHO.

The Prologue Elrond is more suited to the Maquette line...even though SSW did it before...but SS can do it better.

Bill

Really? Have you owned the SSW version?

Hi FrodoEyes :wave, I think you may have misunderstood my comment. :(

When I said 'but how are they going to put him into a super-hero pose in that gear?", I was referring to the council attire...that is why I suggested it might be better suited to the PF line.

I do have the SSW Prologue Elrond and it's great :clap. So I know that it will really work in an action pose. :yess:

Sorry if I was not clear on that guys. :slap

Bill

You're probably right, but a Prologue Elrond would contradict what SS has done so far within the maquette line. Seems to me they have deliberately tried to avoid portraying characters in the same manner done previously by Weta. Obviously there's not much they could have done differently [costume-wise] in regard to Strider, GTG, or Gimli, but they certainly did provide alternate attire for Legolas, Arwen, and Boromir. Even in the instances of Strider and GTG where they couldn't really do much, they did add Strider's hood and Gandalf's crystal staff to the sculpts. Not to mention, they went with significantly different poses than those of the SSW versions. Besides, at the turtle-like speed of 2 PF's/year none of us may be around long enough to see an Elrond PF, if and when SS decides to produce one. :lecture

Yep, I agree with you woodsy. I would love to see a Council Elrond and that would one side of his essence for sure, but not the complete package.
The SSW Elrond kinda does, even though he is in his Prologue attire. He has the action pose and yet it does also portray the essence of his regal bearing too. Best of both worlds I would say.:clap

Bill

I think the tendancy so far has been to brand the maquette line as one which portrays the characters in "action" poses when really it is more about capturing the "essence" of the character. Certainly characters such as Legolas and Gimli are portrayed that way, but how else are you going to portray those two while trying capturing their essence other than as the warriors they are? Both "came alive" when in battle. When they weren't in battle, Legolas had the personality of a carboard box, and Gimli was the comic relief.

And I don't think anyone would look at Strider or Arwen and categorize those as action poses. Like I said earlier, if SS is trying to capture the "essence" of these characters then a warrior version of Elrond doesn't work for me...I'd still buy one without the slightest hesitation mind you, but that to me is a very minor aspect of Elrond's character. I see him more as an elder statesman, a mediator of sorts, and a concerned, heartbroken father...not so much as a warrior.

Yes, good point well made mate. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Bill

Actually, I'm seeing the maquette line as a revisiting by SS of statues that needed to be made. They will certainly get my money because there's so much more that we wanted. The only reason they had to release the earliest ones is because they're most in demand. Like Star Wars and their 12" line, this LOTR maquette may just be the counterpart we've been waiting for, which I believe SS still holds the license to the 1/6 statues.

Given that, let's have an Eowyn in Rohan attire, a Mumak driver, Gondor soldier, Numenorean soldier . . . The list is endless.

let's have an Eowyn in Rohan attire, a Mumak driver, Gondor soldier, Numenorean soldier . . . The list is endless.

That's a great list! I have wanted a Mumak driver in some form since first seeing ROTK. Perhaps, with a PEW in the plans, a complementary Numenorean is not too far behind?

I think it will be great whatever it will be. I had to get my readers to look at the pic much better (and thanks to whoever put a pic up of it for my old eyes to see it better). I think it is Elven, and am excited to see what comes of it. I like both the PF and maquette lines, and if they do it in a maquette line, it will fill in the gaps of my SSW.

Back