Prologue Elven Warrior Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Elven warrior has to be in the prologue stance. It's an iconic pose that sideshow needs to represent in at least one of its formats. :lecture
I hope they'll choose this iconic pose but I wouldn't get my hopes high for it.And certainly not after seeing the first glance of the maquette.
It's Sideshow we're talking about.They tend to overlook the most obvious .Look at the ML pf.Although I like it a lot I have to agree they've missed the opportunity to portray him in his most iconic stance,arms spread with mace & sword...

Last edited:
I hope they'll choose this iconic pose but I wouldn't get my hopes high for it.And certainly not after seeing the first glance of the maquette.
It's Sideshow we're talking about.They tend to overlook the most obvious .Look at the ML pf.Although I like it a lot I have to agree they've missed the opportunity to portray him in his most iconic stance,arms spread with mace & sword...

I'm not sure which poses you take issue with, but I don't ever recall anyone complaining about the pose of any other PF besides the ML. :confused:

Has it ever occurred to you that pose might be reserved for SS's "ultimate" version of that character?....the Morgul Lord maquette.

I'm not sure which poses you take issue with, but I don't ever recall anyone complaining about the pose of any other PF besides the ML. :confused:

I remember a little PF called Gandalf the White !
aka the Dancing Fool ...

You're right on the PF's Woodsy,except maybe GTW as mentioned by Vince.I agree with you on that but I was speaking in general.I was also thinking about a couple of dioramas like Gandalf vs Balrog and Sauron vs Numenorean soldiers.

:eek: I'd forgotten about GTW, probably because it's the only PF I don't own. And yes, the execution on a few of those dio's could have been better.

Has it ever occurred to you that pose might be reserved for SS's "ultimate" version of that character?....the Morgul Lord maquette.

I acknowledge it could've been reserved for the maquette line. :)
Although I would have liked the PF to be the ultimate version... :monkey2

Anyways,the force is going strong again with LOTR and it's really nice to see it gain momentum...

Last edited:
I acknowledge it could've been reserved for the maquette line. :)
Although I would have liked the PF to be the ultimate version... :monkey2

Understandable. If you note the picture on the wall in the ML sneak peek video it is of the ML with outstretched arms, so I have no doubt SS considered this pose. I'm also pretty sure when they realized how huge [and how much space it would take up] a 1/4 ML with outstretched arms would be, they probably decided against it.

Understandable. If you note the picture on the wall in the ML sneak peek video it is of the ML with outstretched arms, so I have no doubt SS considered this pose. I'm also pretty sure when they realized how huge [and how much space it would take up] a 1/4 ML with outstretched arms would be, they probably decided against it.

Agreed.This was most probably the reason to vote against it.Hadn't look at it from that angle... undoubtedly,many would had have a problem to display'm properly with outstretched arms.

But yet they're planning a Ringwrath on Steed? How big do they think that will be? Though I would love it, I'm not too crazy about something that big. And like they said in another thread, if it backfires, will it cause them to rethink the PF line?

Isn't the Star Wars Speederbike PF still available? I'm at work so I can't look.

Yeah, the speederbike is still available. I reckon they are sitting on a lot of them.

I really wish they'd do ROS in the maquette line. They could even put the steed on it's hind legs so it would fit on the round bases they are using for this line.

Isn't the Star Wars Speederbike PF still available? I'm at work so I can't look.

It has to be said that the ES on such a large item was way too high (1500).This might be the biggest reason why there are so many unsold.
Now,if they could have a RWOS PF with an ES of 500 I'll bet it would sell out before the Speeder Bike,lol

But yet they're planning a Ringwrath on Steed? How big do they think that will be? Though I would love it, I'm not too crazy about something that big. And like they said in another thread, if it backfires, will it cause them to rethink the PF line?

Anyway you slice it, a RWOS [whether it's a PF or maquette] statue is going to be huge and there really aren't alot of pose options SS can employ to make for a smaller "footprint" other than having the horse rearing up on it's hind legs. With the ML [and every other two-footed character] they have more pose options to work with and even though the PF is quite large, it's alot smaller than it could have been. The pose SS has chosen for the ML PF also gives SS the option of the "ultimate" pose in the form of a maquette.

The RWOS PF will be massive, and no doubt quite expensive. I imagine because of the iconic nature of the character, it'll also be the "flagship" piece of any LOTR PF collection, something that can't be said about the Speederbike PF. I don't see it happening, but if a RWOS PF backfires, it'll be the end of any rider and steed PF's SS may consider in the future. But I don't see it having an impact on the overall PF line whatsoever.

I don't see it happening, but if a RWOS PF backfires, it'll be the end of any rider and steed PF's SS may consider in the future. But I don't see it having an impact on the overall PF line whatsoever.

Even if a RWOS PF would sell well I just can't see SS considering another steed PF.I have a feeling it's more like a one off project.
I could be wrong though...

Even if a RWOS PF would sell well I just can't see SS considering another steed PF.I have a feeling it's more like a one off project.
I could be wrong though...

You're probably right, though I could see them considering a Bill and Sam PF.

I would prefer the RWOS to be in a similar standing position as the weta piece with the ringwraith hunched over. This thing is going to be huge and a standing horse would just make it bigger.

I would prefer the RWOS to be in a similar standing position as the weta piece with the ringwraith hunched over. This thing is going to be huge and a standing horse would just make it bigger.

I think the RWOS PF will feature the steed on all fours, though I could definitely see the eventual maquette featuring the steed rearing up....much like in the photo of that 1:1 scale Weta prop a few posts above.

Back