Prologue Elven Warrior Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radagaster

Trolling the Woods
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but the latest pics from the 2011 Sideshow Calendar has a rough draft for a PEW . . .and mostly for their maquette line. If it's close to the 1/6 size, this may well be the only PEW we get that will blend well with the old SS/W statues. Personally, the pose I'd go for is the one where they're getting ready for the Orc assault in the prologue, where they have their swords posed to hew down the incoming orc horde.

The preview may be found at the bottom right corner of this pic:

LastScan-4.jpg

I saw that in one of the calendar threads too, but I am not sure if this will be a maquette or premium format. The design is almost certainly a Prologue Elven Warrior, but the design looks a little more static making me think this will be a PF. The maquette line has a more dynamic design for the characters we've seen up until now. Good catch!

Yeah, we've been discussing this for awhile now and I would be thrilled if it were a PF; seems like the most intricate attempt SS undertook to date.

:horror :clap :yess:

My guess though is that it will be a maquette, and a very nice compliment to a Last Alliance display. :clap :yess:

It just seems so generic I don't know how everyone can be so sure this is LOTR anything.

That could be. One thing I don't like about this is how aggressive the pose is. I don't think Elves are presented in poses like this. In the movie they are all stiff and elegant rather than testosterone driven warriors. This pose is brawn not elegance.

Regardless, I can't see why they would choose either of these characters for a PF or maquette at this point. I will gladly be wrong though.

I saw that in one of the calendar threads too, but I am not sure if this will be a maquette or premium format. The design is almost certainly a Prologue Elven Warrior, but the design looks a little more static making me think this will be a PF. The maquette line has a more dynamic design for the characters we've seen up until now. Good catch!

Actually, you were the one to "catch" this image, back on Dec 22nd in the LOTR Maquette thread. And yes, it was a good catch! :lol

LastScan-4.jpg

2011-01-06_132614.png
2011-01-06_132801.png

There are definitely some similarites in the image and the costumes below. I just wish we had a better look at the helm, it would be a dead giveaway. As to whether it is a maquette or PF, that's anyone's guess. :dunno

It is definately a Prologue Elf (unless of course it isn't); the should and forearm armor are consistent as is the gap in his torso where the sash comes across and the helmet to me anyway is a dead giveaway.

I would love for this to be a PF; I think it might rival Vlad or Blackbeard for one of SS's most intricate. :pray:

Will look amazing either way. As a PF I'll pass but as a maquette I'll place an order.

Now, as a PF I'd love to see Isildur, Elendil, and Eomer.

Will look amazing either way. As a PF I'll pass but as a maquette I'll place an order.

Now, as a PF I'd love to see Isildur, Elendil, and Eomer.

I would love to see all three of those. I would guess that they would be primarily polystone, but they would all have some nice fabric elements mixed in. I could swap out Elendil for Elrond though, as I could be happy with one representation of second age gondorian armor.

They would look amazing. Probably a bit more polystone but I could see some of the leather parts being just that. I really want a very nice Eomer piece and Elendil piece to come to life someday.

For the record, I have that 2011 calendar and the helm indeed is that of the PEW's. So, now it's a question of it being a maquette, or PF. Very strong possibility of the maquette though, all things considered.

For the record, I have that 2011 calendar and the helm indeed is that of the PEW's. So, now it's a question of it being a maquette, or PF. Very strong possibility of the maquette though, all things considered.

Well that settles that then. I would have to go with the maquette choice as well. Only because we know the next two PF's [and probably the only two we'll see this year :(] are shaping up to be the Mordor Orc and Ringwraith on Steed. As for the maquette line, we now know 5 of the 1st 6 statues have been completed leaving only the Gondorian Boromir. It just makes more sense [at least to me] that a Prologue Elf warrior would be a part of the 2nd wave of LOTR maquettes. Personally, I don't care what format it's in...produce it, and I'll buy it! :drool

Last edited:
The drawing seems to portray movement, so I would guess maquette. I'll take it in any form but, if we ever get a PF, a fantastic pose would be the one where the orc army is charging and the Elves are poised with their swords, ready to eviscerate the first orc to reach them.:yess:

Back