Prologue Elven Warrior Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would it be wise for SS to stray from the main characters so early into the maquette line?

Would it be wise for SS to stray from the main characters so early into the maquette line?

I think it is extremely wise for SS to "mix things up" a bit. I don't think anyone wants to see SS constantly bombard collectors with the same characters time after time. There's nothing wrong with SS throwing in the occasional long-desired character that hasn't ever been done before, such as a Prologue Elf, Eomer, Faramir, etc....As a matter of fact, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if characters such as Faramir and Eomer have the highest ES's to date.

The drawing seems to portray movement, so I would guess maquette. I'll take it in any form but, if we ever get a PF, a fantastic pose would be the one where the orc army is charging and the Elves are poised with their swords, ready to eviscerate the first orc to reach them.:yess:

2895.jpg

:exactly:

Only because we know the next two PF's [and probably the only two we'll see this year :(] are shaping up to be the Mordor Orc and Ringwraith on Steed.

I've heard this rumor as well. how definite do you think we'll see at least a preview this year?

if we ever get a PF, a fantastic pose would be the one where the orc army is charging and the Elves are poised with their swords, ready to eviscerate the first orc to reach them.:yess:

2895.jpg

Now that would be completely awesome...:yess::yess:

I've heard this rumor as well. how definite do you think we'll see at least a preview this year?

Monday, August 2nd, 2010
Question : Any more hints about this LOTR “horse of a different color” Premium Format coming next year?
Answer :
LOTR hints? Well, that’s a darn good hint already! A horse of a different color indeed. Not white, the opposite of that!

Monday, August 2nd, 2010
Question : Any truth to the rumor of a Nazgul and Steed Premium Format?
Answer :
There’s usually *some* truth in rumors…Friday, July 2nd, 2010

Friday, July 2nd, 2010
Question : Any chance of updating us on the progress of the Ringwraith Premium Format? We haven’t heard much since last July when you brought this to our attention!
Answer : You’ve just seen our first Ringwraith PF, the Morgul Lord. We do have additional plans for the Nazgul, and we’ll be sharing updates with you as they become available.

Monday, June 14th, 2010
Question : There has been a lot of rumor and gossip on the discussion boards about some atypical prospects for your “The Lord of the Rings” Premium Format line. People have suggested a possible Cave Troll PF, a Ringwraith with Steed, or a Sam/Merry combined PF in a single offering. Can you let me know if I should start saving up now? I can’t wait for Gandalf, as well as more news on the LOTR Premium Format line!!! Thanks! …AND… Many thanks for the great pieces so far in the LOTR Premium Format line! Aa special thanks for Gandalf the Grey and Legolas – they appear incredible. Please consider Boromir, Gimli, Eowyn, and of course the other hobbits (Sam, Merry, Pippin) Can you please tell us how many LOTR PF figures you plan to announce in 2010? Also do you have any plans to ever create a mounted figure in the PF line? Yes, I realize it would be massive but it would certanly be extrordinary. Perhaps King Theodan? or Eomer? I would think someday you would have to produce a character from the Rohan side and I don’t see how you could make all the riders of Rohan without at least one mount? Please say yes and I’ll start saving now…. AND… With only one LOTR Premium Format having gone up for pre-order in 2009, will 2010 be the same, or can we expect 2, 3 or maybe even 4 LOTR PF pre-orders to make up for lost time?
Answer : We will be officially revealing the Morgul Lord PF very soon, and we hope to unveil the next LOTR PF a little after SDCC. If all goes according to plan, there will be a ‘big’ pre-order opportunity in early to mid 2011, for a product scheduled to ship late in the year. It may seem a ways off, but we’re digging into some serious and ambitious undertakings…

Not only do I think we'll see a preview, by the sound of things we should have it by the end of the year.

I'm indebted to ones like you for all your info....:duff

I sure hope SS unveils that bad beast soon, along with the Elven Warrior....:impatient:

I think it is extremely wise for SS to "mix things up" a bit. I don't think anyone wants to see SS constantly bombard collectors with the same characters time after time. There's nothing wrong with SS throwing in the occasional long-desired character that hasn't ever been done before, such as a Prologue Elf, Eomer, Faramir, etc....As a matter of fact, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if characters such as Faramir and Eomer have the highest ES's to date.

I agree, most of the people that have expressed concerns over this line state the fact that SSW have already done those characters in that scale, and want characters not done, so i guess one of the most popular of those 'background' characters would be a good test for the durability of the line.
I think Sideshow may be a bit cautious over Faramir, however. Wasn't one of the reasons for making a figure of him because he wasn't done by SSW? And look how that decision worked out. A statue though is different, i think, but i doubt he'd have one of the largest edition sizes. I think that maybe characters like him and Eomer would wait until confirmation that SS will be doing all members of the fellowship.

Well, to be fair it's just info he's repeating that has already been announced :wink1:

And i agree we need a PEW in that stance, but if it's a PF i probably won't get it. And i guess it would be a PF, because that kind of 'static' pose is obviously too 'boring' for the maquette line ;)

I sure hope SS unveils that bad beast soon,along with the Elven Warrior.... :impatient:

My pleasure, and same here. SS launched the maquette line back on Feb. 16th, 2010 during ToyFair with an excellent video presentation.....hopefully they will do something similar this year. :pray:

Well, to be fair it's just info he's repeating that has already been announced :wink1:

And i agree we need a PEW in that stance, but if it's a PF i probably won't get it. And i guess it would be a PF, because that kind of 'static' pose is obviously too 'boring' for the maquette line ;)

You may be onto something....:lecture :lol

My pleasure, and same here. SS launched the maquette line back on Feb. 16th, 2010 during ToyFair with an excellent video presentation.....hopefully they will do something similar this year. :pray:

You may be onto something....:lecture :lol

I'm definitely feeling PF if this is the PEW. I agree the pose fits perfectly with other PFs but I also think it is a shame they aren't use the "ready" pose from the prologue.

I also don't see something like a PEW fitting into the maquette line at all. However, the fancy armor would make a great PF.

Such an intricate costume is perfect for Sideshow to tackle in the PF line. That's what the PF line is all about. Would be a shame to waste it on the maquette line, IMO, not that a PEW in the maquette line would be a poor choice. However, Sideshow should honor the repeated requests of collectors and finish the Fellowship in the maquette line first before tackling such generic characters.

At any rate, PEW in PF = bought; PEW in maquette = pass.

Personally, I'll buy it no matter what the medium, but I'll stick with my belief it's a maquette, at least for now. A maquette would be significantly easier for SS to produce, both in terms of time and effort. And based on the fact SS has already provided us with this brief glimpse, I have to believe we will see this character sooner as opposed to later....and there is no way we'd see this character in PF for at least a year, or perhaps two, depending on what SS has in store for 2012.

Looking at my personal calendar I believe its a maquette. I might actually order this depending on if the pic is the final pose or not.

Looking at my personal calendar I believe its a maquette. I might actually order this depending on if the pic is the final pose or not.

So far, all of the conceptual drawings have very closely resembled the final statue, so I don't see anything changing radically with this one....are you happy with the pose as it is?

So far, all of the conceptual drawings have very closely resembled the final statue, so I don't see anything changing radically with this one....are you happy with the pose as it is?

I'm telling you elves do not pose this way. It is completely out of character to be flexing muscles with closed fists like this. This pose says brute strength, again it reminds me of something from 300, not elegance, calm, agility. Think of how gimli vs legolas was portrayed. Anyway, none of this may matter from SS's perspective. It would be a great piece but not in the spirit of the movies though.

Yeah, they really haven't changed much so I don't expect it to be. I would pick something closer to the scene from the opening of FOTR but I like it enough to place an order.

I'm telling you elves do not pose this way. It is completely out of character to be flexing muscles with closed fists like this. This pose says brute strength, again it reminds me of something from 300, not elegance, calm, agility. Think of how gimli vs legolas was portrayed. Anyway, none of this may matter from SS's perspective. It would be a great piece but not in the spirit of the movies though.

You must own the calendar because I certainly don't see flexed muscles or clenched fists, though it wouldn't bother me in the least if that were the case. Elves were not emotionless robots, and in the heat of battle would have be susceptible to adrenaline rushes just like everyone else.

As for elegance and calm, perhaps someone should have told Gil-Galad that, he doesn't look very calm or elegant to me :

fotr0015.jpg

fotr0016.jpg

Nor do Legolas or Haldir for that matter :

ttt1431.jpg

ttt1349.jpg

As a matter of fact, Legolas seemingly enjoyed himself so much while slaughtering Uruk Hai at Helm's Deep, he and Gimli turned it into a competition.

Last edited:
Another thing this line while from the movie gives us looks at various types of things within these characters. The Elves had power and were strong.

Another thing this line while from the movie gives us looks at various types of things within these characters. The Elves had power and were strong.

Absolutely. Not to mention, thousands of years to practice with weapons certainly would have helped them to become killing machines.

Yeah, probably pretty good at it. The thing is the SSW statues of Elrond and the Archer both showed grace with a bit of power. This probably will as well with maybe a bit more power. So far thats exactly what the line has been as I said giving us looks at other aspects of these characters.

Yeah, probably pretty good at it. The thing is the SSW statues of Elrond and the Archer both showed grace with a bit of power. This probably will as well with maybe a bit more power. So far thats exactly what the line has been as I said giving us looks at other aspects of these characters.

Absolutely, and this is something we've discussed since day 1. Through alternate poses and/or costuming SS has managed to highlight different aspects of each characters personality :lecture Seeing as you do have the calendar Josh ...does the PEW look muscle-bound and with clenched fists?....I really can't tell from the small pic posted in this thread.

Last edited:
Back