Prologue Elven Warrior Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suppose the screen grabs are fine but they happen to capture people in the heat of battle or actively ending someone's life. I don't think elves are robots and I think adrenaline is fine when you are thrusting spears and battling. The pose we are discussing is not in the heat of battle though and if it is then that is really ridiculous.

I suppose the screen grabs are fine but they happen to capture people in the heat of battle or actively ending someone's life. I don't think elves are robots and I think adrenaline is fine when you are thrusting spears and battling. The pose we are discussing is not in the heat of battle though and if it is then that is really ridiculous.

I'm not quite sure how you know that, I certainly can't tell what's going from what we see of this conceptual drawing so far. Though I think it safe to conclude the scene in question would have to be the Battle of the Last Alliance. If that is the case, heat of the battle or not, I can certainly envision that kind of reaction from an Elf after realizing the mortal enemy of Middle-Earth, Sauron, has been utterly defeated and the armies of Mordor completely destroyed.....is that so unreasonable a reaction, even from an Elf?

Absolutely, and this is something we've discussed since day 1. Through alternate poses and/or costuming SS has managed to highlight different aspects of each characters personality :lecture Seeing as you do have the calendar Josh ...does the PEW look muscle-bound and with clenched fists?....I really can't tell from the small pic posted in this thread.

No, I don't think it looks muscle bound at all. I do think the let arm is bent at the elbow and the fist in clinched.

I'm not quite sure how you know that, I certainly can't tell what's going from what we see of this conceptual drawing so far. Though I think it safe to conclude the scene in question would have to be the Battle of the Last Alliance. If that is the case, heat of the battle or not, I can certainly envision that kind of reaction from an Elf after realizing the mortal enemy of Middle-Earth, Sauron, has been utterly defeated and the armies of Mordor completely destroyed.....is that so unreasonable a reaction, even from an Elf?

Nothing's out of the realm, we are talking fantasy here. But if this is a maquette I would argue this is not taping the essence of "elf." In any case, bring it on SS.

No, I don't think it looks muscle bound at all. I do think the let arm is bent at the elbow and the fist in clinched.

Thanks Josh! :wave

Nothing's out of the realm, we are talking fantasy here. But if this is a maquette I would argue this is not taping the essence of "elf." In any case, bring it on SS.

Well that is certainly something we can both agree on. Hopefully, we won't have to wait too long to get a better glimpse...ToyFair would be nice. :)

Didn't SS say that they weren't necessarily going to be screen accurate with these maquettes?

Didn't SS say that they weren't necessarily going to be screen accurate with these maquettes?

That's right The Ween, they are going for the essence of the characters this time. The clothing and likeness should be there too, but it won't be a screen cap as The Josh has said.

Watch the video and all will become clear (supplied by woodsy).

Bill

This one is a definite buy for me. If it's a PF, I'll buy it. If it's a maquette, I'll buy it. The Elven Warrior design is my favorite, way too good of an opportunity to pass up. If the price is reasonable, I'll be all over it.

Not to breathe new excitement into this PEW, but with the knowledge that SS likes to stir things up by adding options with their EX versions, there's a possibility that this statue (PF or maquette) may have both the Prologue stance holding the sword, as well as what's in the picture preview. So, we may have our cake and eat it too! This was after I saw what they were able to achieve with the Legolas maquette: bow and arrow pose, and for the EX, slashing his way with his 2 knives!

Personally the other pose I'd like to see on this PEW is him sporting his shield and lance like the Toybiz PEW. Ahh . . .the power of the Exclusive! C'mon Sideshow! Show us LOTR longtime fans what we want!

What say you?

I would love to see something that incorporates the sword and shield.

I am still hoping that this will be a PF, but I would be happy either way. Not that it has a ton of fabric elements, but the addition of the fabric for the PF would really pop!

Very possible it could have both. I would not put it past them though if they stick with that exact pose I saw in the picture I don't know if they will.

Back