Prime 1 Studios The Last Knight Bumblebee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nizzi is really good.

That being said are you saying the new B.B. lacks the detail of the old B.B. or is it just how it was in the film? I mean if it’s a film replica I don’t care but if P1 removed film accurate details that seems shady.

I ordered TLK Prime and Megs because I don’t own any andvwanted them. You are right trying to buy one old one nowbis terrible and for Meg I don’t particularly like the other versions.

With regards to drift none of the new pieces come static so I’m sure he will have a few pose choices. When I POed Crosshairs EX I just only then when it went up was made aware of his posing options from the sale page. I going out on a limb here but I don’t think they really ever said there were posing options before the sale was up like the new drift.

Even the new B.B. I think was never mentioned to have poses pre-sale until the announcement with all the different poses. I may be wrong but I was not aware to ordering both.

I’d never be brave enough to tear one apart however if I could get my hands on a Voltron unassembled and unpainted from SS I’d do it in a second. I’d paint it I damaged and sparkly new. While I like the battle damage idea I think I’d blow the artists that did it away doing it myself. Maybe not the Proto but easily the production version. I think I’d like a shiny new version more. Match all my new looking toys.

Anyway I did email P1 about the wrong rims so I hope they really consider fixing it. I look past the rest easier than that part.

LOL, Actually the only Robot I own thats not from the P1 Transformers line is Voltron fro SS! I Love that render so much! Sideshow even put some amazing work into the box. I was going to use a Round Stand. Like SS Displayed Voltron with the two prints in the background, but decided to order two different prints and I’ll be glass framing the front of the Box as it gets recessed into my wall in my Home theater for Voltron... Example; Voltron will be in the back of my Home theater with the electronics and control, and all the transformers will be in the walls on the left and right side going down to the screen...

As for the new Bee, and Drift and my choice of wording “posable”, I just mean the EX versions that come with extra arms or weapons... Other than that all are Static, at least up to MMTFM-11 so far.. I’ve Pre-Ordered Ratchet, Jazz, Shockwave, Crosshairs, & Barricade.... I’ve been thinking about the new Bee for rebuild reasons and cant think of a reason from the new drift. They are both beautiful. Maybe TLN drift will come with extra arms too? Looks like drift has very few new molds! The legs have no change, not even the wheels.. Just clever painting..

I’ve been thinking Looong and hard about Knight Optimus and Megatron. I wish they had Megatron from the 1st film, Just his errogant self in Porto-form not caring about hiding! Plus that gun! Like your example with Voltron (repaint), I’m actually planning a re-painting Megatron (ROTF). Videos and pics never do justice, but placing MMTFM-01 Megatron next to say; Lockdown.. You can really see the improved quality in design and paint from the 1st TF Statue (Megatron MMTFM-01) to MMTFM-10. I get that Megatron was underwater & yadda, yadda, but I’m going to have him shinning with detail and rust that looks film accurate! However P1 Studio wouldn’t make a profit if every statue had XX amount of hours dedicated to a personal paint-job. MMTFM-01 actually won statue of the year when it released! P1 has come so far! I love Megatron, but he’s actually me least favorite (Please dont take that as a complaint, he’s still awesom!).

I believe the new Bee has better detail period. My dislikes are personal tidbits, like the different car facia (chest) and very small details, but the new Bee has some incredible detail that the original doesnt have... Its like Knight Optimus & Megatron, they are a dream come true if you like that style... Its like the G1 arguments.. Nizzi works so hard, barely changes a G1 to bring them somewhat a less block look and people flip out?

I LOVE the new Nizzi Megatron! That G1-Bay Mix? Whatever its called... OMGoodess!! That’s the Megatron I want! It just clicks with me.. Had the old style I LOVE, and the new style I LOVE! Superior Optimus Prime is awesome! But They are teasing Power-Up Optimus! When I have a 1 Square Meter Shockwave coming, Then a MONSTER Powered-Up Optimus Prime will be epic!

I wouldn’t strip a statue (Bee) down to the Skeleton, or base robot frame if I intended to just put him back together... It can be done, but you have to expect a lot of breaks. Some pieces are just glues into slots and can be freed with solvents... Every part is different.. Say I wanted to turn Bumblebee from his normal Yellow to Pink? Most parts can be removed and repainted (with skill) pretty easily, but some have high risk of breaking. It is a Statue. So If I plan to use a part I remove I take great care.. I’ve been studying the new Bee a lot and believe the extra height, different pose, and the ability for me to change the angle of the left arm elbow can make the base robot look completely different from both Bumblebees so after creating (molding) new parts I will have a beautiful bot that wont look like I used another Statue to start..

Time & money will tell.... Not like there’s a hurry, late 2019 and likely early 2020 (for TLK Bee Release) gives me time to see what else P1 plans to release and worst case scenario I just sell the TLK Bee..

In the end, all that matters is that the Statues make you happy! I’d buy the WWII Green Bumblebee even though he was on the screen for seconds! I fell in love with that look!

I agree but I’m not skilled enough for these things. My skills are as a designer and shelf builder. This is my Shockwave shelf. I have new pix of it with the lights off after I removed the extra lights that you would normally see from straight one. I have not caulked the trim either. I did paint the texture and I’d love to put Shockwaves tentacle on it but have no time to figure it out yet. There’s are 2 circleights on either side shining down. Very soft and do not photo well. I have LED sticks I may use but I think they will work better on the TF shelf.

I am also doing this design or about this and I’ll light it with LEDs for my long TF stand. I’m actually considering redoing a 10’ trapezoid 3 tier shelf and ditch or store all my Voltron toys except the statue. I don’t have it filled up yet but that’s due to have a 16’ 3 tier all full of Star Wars which I have near stopped collecting. Just over it for now. If Phasma gets good marks I may consider it but not 100%. Thankfully my neighbor always has big pieces of plexiglass laying around. It’s going to be a big challenge cutting out the logos freehand with my dremel but I’m a decent maker of stuff. Graphic Designer meets shelf builder lol. The decepticon logo I cut out of wood and all the paint is chalk paint. I’m a fan of using it.

21045C50-E11D-4AFF-9E05-499B2F9583E1.jpgBE4BD753-1FED-4CF5-902F-6CC7E3AE1632.jpgD08D10D6-84BE-4E40-B4D8-907CFCCEB27F.jpg

That display looks amazing, Phastroh. I love the paint colors you chose as well. REALLY nice work!

Love that display shelf! Since you have voltron you can see how I would use the Voltron Box in place of the lower Decepticon Symbol (but behind Glass)... You have the concept down perfect! I originally like the stand Idea, but it quickly has turned into a 10foot long x 2 foot deep trunk! Its beautiful, but the space wont last.. I thought about making a second tier, but then P1 Studios really took off! Once I land Starscream I am all caught up... Minus Galvatron & for now the Knights... That Knight Optimus is SO tempting!, but then I’d have to get that Megatron, Then Nizzi’s Megatron (plus the Supior Optimus to go with him), and I haven’t touched the Grail Power-up Optimus... The only Statue that will rival Shockwave! I’m actually SCARED to know the cost of PO Optimus! I really think it will be the first $2999 P1 Statue? :horror

The most interesting thing I noticed was your computer design of the AutoBot-Decepticon Logo! There is NOTHING more in my collection that pisses me off than Lockdowns 4Decepticon symbol on the Base? Who in the world decided to use half the decepticon symbol and half the film number?

Your LOGO would have been perfect for Lockdowns base... I even thought of a Logo like that but add in another symbol that somehow can get the point across that he hunts both AutoBot & Decepticons... Since in the film he hunts everything I’ve just been “locked”-down on trying to figure out what type of ‘Lockdown’ logo/Symbol to cast! I wouldn’t doubt if I spent the time to design and cast a cool symbol/logo (Paint matching the Base) I wouldn’t have any problems selling them to collectors.... uhg.. This symbol kills me! I guess its just the official AOE (Age of Extinction) Symbol?
Sorry its big... and Ugly! (IMHO)....
7CA978B6-366A-4F2D-9DD6-01B14C27BF22.jpeg

Winters, I've always felt the same way about Lockdown.
I feel like it should've been a "Half Autobot/Half Decepticon" symbol inside of a "No-, Anti- symbol", or the same half symbols behind prison bars.

A list of existing logos include:
4 bars with a scratch through them..
Lockdown+Tribute+-+Transformers-+Age+of+Extinction+(IMAX+HD)_2.mp4_000225566.jpg

A Sharkticon Logo..
sharkticon_megatron.jpg

And a Skull...
latest.jpg

Wow, thats amazing.. Thank you for the help! These are sweet ideas, I think I’ve been away the the forums too long!

I dont know why I never thought of that, but I can imagine if it bugged me then it really got to the hardcore fans that felt he needed something proper.. The Bars & Scratch in in the foreground with perhaps one of the others in the background (if done correctly) would be fantastic!

I cant get that chest piece (bars and scratch) out of my head with something...... This will be the start of something beautfiful!

That display looks amazing, Phastroh. I love the paint colors you chose as well. REALLY nice work!

Hey thanks a lot! It still glows the purple of course in the light. I had considered purple over the black but I had wanted the chalk paint no question and the purple is want just wasn’t available then I went back to the original black.

I’m excited to build the 10’ TF lot shelf next. I made so many simpler shelves so this one will be a challenge due to the lighting but I think I will do it well.

As far as his emblem possibly there’s an actual 3rd one if you dig into the lore? Either that or design an original like you likely will. I do designing all the time but never thought of what that would look like.

Wow, thats amazing.. Thank you for the help! These are sweet ideas, I think I’ve been away the the forums too long!

I dont know why I never thought of that, but I can imagine if it bugged me then it really got to the hardcore fans that felt he needed something proper.. The Bars & Scratch in in the foreground with perhaps one of the others in the background (if done correctly) would be fantastic!

I cant get that chest piece (bars and scratch) out of my head with something...... This will be the start of something beautfiful!

Looking forward to what you come up with. :hi5:

Hey thanks a lot! It still glows the purple of course in the light. I had considered purple over the black but I had wanted the chalk paint no question and the purple is want just wasn’t available then I went back to the original black.

I’m excited to build the 10’ TF lot shelf next. I made so many simpler shelves so this one will be a challenge due to the lighting but I think I will do it well.

As far as his emblem possibly there’s an actual 3rd one if you dig into the lore? Either that or design an original like you likely will. I do designing all the time but never thought of what that would look like.

They're almost endless: :thud:

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Insignia

Looking forward to what you come up with. :hi5:

They're almost endless: :thud:

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Insignia

That’s one heck of a link! Almost endless is correct. I like they Evil AutoBot Symbol...

I believe a mix of AutoBot/Decepticon with the Blade running down the center would make a solid mold. In keeping with the coloring of LockDowns Statues keeping the AutoBot & Decpeticon Symbols a grey (metallic) with black high.low lighting effects (maybe rivets on one?), with the Blade in Red, or.... Would be really cool.. I’ll find out after playing around some-more and post when I can..

Thanks for the help.. Got off topic a bit but this thread is too fun!

Autobotsecretpolice.png

This Bee is growing on me....so much that I had to PO. :rock

I'll admit that while I'd love to own the DOTM Bee. I like the options/poses on this piece more.

Bee arrives Monday, but won?t be able to unbox until later in the week.

Anyone else order?

I love the way this bee looks but I dunno if he will go with my dotm optimus.I see he is a bit taller than the original bee do guys think he will look ok next to dotm optimus?

Well it came while I was away but today I returned and immediately put it together.

Love the statue but it seems cheap LOL

I opened the brown box and I noticed the art box was open. I said EH and continued. I like to tip them over to remove the art box straight up. I am always careful with the flaps but I noticed the bottom was not closed right and one of the flaps was flimsy as if someone already opened it and bent it but I said Eh
H and continued.

I them see the styrofoam is a 3 parter. You know the kind with 2 sides of parts but one side has a huge gap but the tape was yellowish like factory so I said EH and continued.

Put the statue together and man Prime 1 needs to do a 1/2 page for each step. Not that it is mission impossible but why bother sending what they do. Thank the smart idea to put shockwave on youtube. The paper was crahp.

So I open the foam and right away I notice not all the pieces were factory snug in wrapping tissue paper. So I said EH and continued.

Get it all done. Put the fists on, then the hammer and gun which look great and will remain.

I am like hmmm wasn't there a shielded battle face, So I check the listing and it all editions come with both alternate heads.

WELL MINE WAS MISSING THE BATTLE HELMET VERSION!!!

Normally I am chilled and they will send one but now looking back on all the EHs WTF happened to this thing. Was it a return, was it being used for parts.

I now have to think Sideshow opened it and sent the masked head to someone. Whatever happened I will never know but they better and will replace it.

So lets reviews.

Shockwave comes defective as well as his replacement. They then say they have no more to take the credit and they do not care if I contact Prime 1 to see if they can help. Prime 1 says well since you did not take a credit we can ship Sideshow the parts and the can send to you.

I ask can you bypass Sideslow for that reason. I asked them to replace the statue completely because even Prime 1 said to take it locally for them to fix it LOL WTF Prime 1. At my expense I should repair a brand new $3k statue.

Even the personal video they made me just to show me that part was crooked LMAO really it is. You cannot line up the parts and neither can they apparantly.

Then 2 weeks later my alien dog comes with rust colored dots on the body.

Now this.

You wait 1-2 years just to get ****T

Back