Prime 1 Studios The Last Knight Bumblebee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the shield was going to stop you the wrong wheels on B.B. are really gonna stop you.

I emailed them about the rims

So I watched all his scenes and in fact the statue is correct 100% and it shoots lasers woot

Lasers?? :lol :lol :lol Which part was this, I have to see

I've hesitated on pulling the trigger on Bumblebee. I liked him in the first movie but I don't know if they will make a version of that, or maybe they did already, I don't know which movie the already released one is from. Never really a fan of his from G1 since he had a much smaller role (and I think he was a punch buggy VW beetle wasn't he?) but I liked him in the movie a lot.

Lasers?? :lol :lol :lol Which part was this, I have to see

I've hesitated on pulling the trigger on Bumblebee. I liked him in the first movie but I don't know if they will make a version of that, or maybe they did already, I don't know which movie the already released one is from. Never really a fan of his from G1 since he had a much smaller role (and I think he was a punch buggy VW beetle wasn't he?) but I liked him in the movie a lot.

Honestly, I wouldn't risk it. I'd PO this one and not wait for another. It'll probably be a while if it does happen. Worst case scenario, you sell this one (and I doubt it'll be at a loss, given P1s track record.)

I know it is near the end that I saw it but I never watched it start to finish. There is a part on the ship some time after fight BB and he is talking and kneeling but fighting and he holds up is left arm and fires off a few rounds then talks and shoots again. Let me see if I can find the clip of just that but if not I just youtube all optimus scenes in TLK.

At 9:38 he shoots from it now unless its coming from his hand. I know he had a gun but I can't see it.

I thought there is a gun on the inside of the shield but I wold have to check the piece when I get home. I know they had a foam protector on it but I paid it no mind.

https://youtu.be/H49oFAIbjrw

:lol that's awesome, so I guess that "shield" functions as an arm cannon too like Megatron's, and Bumblebee

28467742_1979410932324621_4825582841164248802_n.jpg

Here are the photos I took. Yes there are barrels under that shield lol I never even looked before but when I opened it I did not know they were for guns but now it is easy to see.

Gun.jpgGun-2.jpg

Here are the photos I took. Yes there are barrels under that shield lol I never even looked before but when I opened it I did not know they were for guns but now it is easy to see.

View attachment 396397View attachment 396398

That makes more sense now for it to be attached to his arm rather than his wielding/holding it. Is it pegged in securely or can it swivel or move?

Peg has a flat spot so it wiggles a little but doesn’t turn. I noticed with mine his arm can wiggle out if you aren’t careful removing the shield. It’s defin not a bad quality issue as it’s all secure in general. The shield is actually very heavy for its size. It’s surprisingly heavy really. The peg I feel inserts better on his back but it’s point of attachment is better with the weight distribution. The blade hand turns a bit so I leave them showing in front. The statue and stand are absolutely heavy as frak. First time I picked up the stand I was like what the heck did I get into. Every part is perfectly made and painted though so I as you can see loaded up on POs.

I have Shockwave coming next I think in a few months. Prime came out like 4-6 months early so if Shockwave does I only owe one payment and shipping yikes. He makes this statue look like a mini. I built a stand just for Shockwave with 2 36” round tabletops.

Any chance they'll make WWII Bumblebee with the dual wield guns/cannons and hammer in camo variant? :lol

Attachments

• vlcsnap-00046.jpg
    vlcsnap-00046.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 132
  • vlcsnap-00047.jpg
    vlcsnap-00047.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 124
  • vlcsnap-00053.jpg
    vlcsnap-00053.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 124
  • vlcsnap-00054.jpg
    vlcsnap-00054.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 130
No idea but I emailed them and they replied 2 days later about the rims being wrong on BB. They just said great idea I will pass this on to the right people.

While some sound prewritten I have never receive the same reply twice from them so you know maybe they are telling them. If he comes with black 5 stars I am taking the credit but I will have to share it with whoever pointed it out somewhere on this thread.

If they make that variant which I doubt it will be long from now and probably 250 of them.

Any chance they'll make WWII Bumblebee with the dual wield guns/cannons and hammer in camo variant? :lol

DUDE!!! That would be pretty dope!!!! I could see it happening. :rock

They'll occasionally do repaint variants....granted it would be more than a repaint, but still. Awesome idea!

There are some subtle details, nuts and bolts, little parts here and there, since he was a different vehicle, otherwise he's roughly the same build I think.

That's how it looks to me too. I remember him being a different vehicle, but didn't realize how similar he looked in robot form.

That's how it looks to me too. I remember him being a different vehicle, but didn't realize how similar he looked in robot form.

tumblr_onesqwAO071vq40nbo6_400.gif

It reminds me of War Machine Mk1 and 3 for some reason, the older version more clunky but old school badass, blaster cannons look more heavy duty versus slick new hotness, and it would be nice to have the option of putting the hammer on his back like the shield on Optimus
:yess:

tumblr_onesqwAO071vq40nbo6_400.gif

It reminds me of War Machine Mk1 and 3 for some reason, the older version more clunky but old school badass, blaster cannons look more heavy duty versus slick new hotness, and it would be nice to have the option of putting the hammer on his back like the shield on Optimus
:yess:

I like that comparison! Agreed!!!

And both are bad***.

What are you guys talking about?
It inches out beyond AOE Bumblebee as the rendition that looks the most different of the 8 versions.

The big issue for TLK Bumblebee compared to the DOTM to me is a height issue.. The Bases appear the same height:
DOTM Bee: 22” Tall
TLK Bee: 25.25” Tall
That’s a lot of height to add to bee. I’ve messed with the Photos, The renderings etc.. I cant tell if all the ‘yellow car’ piece molds were remade, or re-used? I believe P1 Studio was wise (form a Business point of view) in re-releasing Bee & if Drift is approved (even though the pics are out he’s not approved yet), This will allow collectors who either didn’t collect P1 Statues OR were hesitant because (like me) I wanted more bots, and held out buying for the 1st few years.. Now I’ll need to unload all my ThreeA TFs...

Still, I was able to get Drift & Bee new imported from France originally from SS :D, Yup, made in Japan, Shipped to SS in the US, SS then Shipped them to a business in France, and then Shipped back to Alaska to me! Lots of Euro!
Do I want a new Bee? Do I like the Black & White Mercedes-Benz SLS Drift over the Blue Bugatti? So far no, because the first (Blue) Drift offers extra Arm and swords and a bit of a pose option with that. Arms crossed meh.. Anyways, This is about Bee and like others mentioned the Wheels, half doors (cut low), small chest, proportions, and more ‘Knight-ish’ look kills TFs for me.. I couldn’t do Knight Optimus or Knight Megatron either.. But to each his own (or her ;))

What I LOVE about MMTFM-20 Bee! The detail of the robot himself! Put DOTM and TLK Bee pics side x side and look at the sheer detail P1 studio added to the ‘skeleton’, or the core robot! Its impressive!

If you dont own Bee DOTM(or Drift AOE) and want them.. I’d recommend Pre-Ordering TLK versions over paying 3x retail for an auction site. You will RARELY beat retail from Sideshow with shipping! Its not impossible, This forum has a GREAT for Sale and WTB section that could land you that DOTM Bumblebee for any amount. One slightly Damaged went for $850 + PP Fees & Shipping! Most people now-a-days either know someoene who can repair small issues with statues, can do it themselves, or find someone! Good luck..

However, Modifying Bee! I wanted to spend a few months turning a Bee into either a CliffJumper AutoBot, or maybe ‘Hazzard’ (Make a 69 Dodge Charger, Duke’s of Hazzard) P1 Style Transformer. Its a lot of modeling but I may buy the New MMTFM-20 Bee just to strip him down to the bare Bot and go to work molding and shaping parts! The base is easy, the car parts will take a while.. But the extra height in this Bee will add to the genuine difference between body size, shape, and pose. The head being the most difficult & I have some fantastic weapon concepts... So yeah, I’ll by the Bee to make him one of a kind something else...

So I think its a fine business decision to Bring Bee & Drift Back.

I’m also definitely PO’ing the Power-Up Optimus (not Superior) the day it shows up, and the newish Josh Nizzi Megatron & maybe, just maybe the Superior Optimus... Nizzis’ G1/Bayverse Mix Bots look Fantastic to me!

Last edited:
Back