Prime 1 1/3 Justice League Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The suicide squad 1/3 batman looks a little better as well. I wonder why this is painted so differently?

@phoenixblazes

If what youre using is a phone camera with two different lenses (like the newer iPhones) then when you switch between normal and portrait mode, its using a different lens for each. Normal gives you a very wide shot with its appropriately named wide lens, while portrait has a narrower shot as it uses the phone’s telephoto lens. I’m not a huge photography nut but thats the gist of it. Different lenses distort and compress images in different ways.

6477aeca99d6ea7395439917ba826dc6.gif

Looks pretty good, but I'm still on the fence about this one. I do have Supes on order. I know it's harder to get the detail in a smaller scale, but I think the 1:2 is painted much better, especially the stubble. Am I wrong Phoenix? since you have both...

1/2 Scale is definitely painted better. But I’m not sure it’s a fair comparison.

For the 1/3 the stubble is painted utilising the same method where in addition to sculpted in detail it’s drawn onto the the face with little paint lines that more or less go up and down in the designated area. The issue is that the lines were finer and smaller on the 1/2 scale. Or maybe it just seems that way because of the scale difference. Also I prefer the skin colour on the 1/2 scale, and the mole paint is better/redder whereas on the 1/3 they used browns.

So while the 1/2 scale, definitely has better detail with the better paint face and exacting detail from the fabric costume, the 1/3 scale benefits greatly from the better pose and the unmasked headsculpt, which because I have so many other Batman statues, is the headsculpt I’ll be using the majority of the time. Also the base is much better as well, but I definitely would not what that base in 1/2 scale as it’s already too big as it is in 1/3 scale. Heck the 1/2 scale statue is only like 18cm taller!

The suicide squad 1/3 batman looks a little better as well. I wonder why this is painted so differently?

I don’t have the SS Batman, and honestly I cancelled it in favour for this JL version, primarily because I preferred the newer pose, or rather that I was beginning to dislike the pose chosen for the SS piece.

But looking at the in hand photo of the SS version of the masked headsculpt, I have to admit that that version is definitely painted better, and appears to be closer to the 1/2 scale in quality.

@phoenixblazes

If what youre using is a phone camera with two different lenses (like the newer iPhones) then when you switch between normal and portrait mode, its using a different lens for each. Normal gives you a very wide shot with its appropriately named wide lens, while portrait has a narrower shot as it uses the phone’s telephoto lens. I’m not a huge photography nut but thats the gist of it. Different lenses distort and compress images in different ways.

6477aeca99d6ea7395439917ba826dc6.gif

Thanks. In this case does narrower shot actually mean a less compressed shot, so that the face in question is actually wider in the image?

Well I paid my Australian customs duties, and it was a bit more than I was hoping.

It’s essentially calculated as:-

5% x (AUD Value of the item (less any applicable discounts/rewards - Sideshow did report the reduced value) plus 10% GST x (AUD Value of the item + Shipping + the 5% Duties just calculated) plus Custom charges (DHL charges $83 AUD for clearance and $22 AUD for advance payment / deferment).

I wasn’t expecting that last $105 AUD. So if you’re just above the $1,000 threshold for customs, you’ll automatically get hit by that charge.
Thanks for the break down.
Now that has definitely put me off buying anything over AU$1000 from Prime 1.
BTW nice statue. Not really liking that unmasked Ben head though.

Thanks for the break down.
Now that has definitely put me off buying anything over AU$1000 from Prime 1.
BTW nice statue. Not really liking that unmasked Ben head though.

You’re welcome.

Unfortunately I’ve got another 3 Prime 1 statues to come from Sideshow. The Superman Ex, The Ultimate WW, and the Aquaman Solo Film Ex. My other 6/7 or so 1/3 scale pieces are all locally sourced.

But honestly with my large scale collecting winding down, I don’t mind spending a bit more to cap off my collection. Though my small scale (1/10 & 1/6) collecting seems to be speeding up again, with nearly 30+ preorders.

And not too many have liked the unmasked Batfleck head, but I don’t mind it. I just wish it were painted a bit better. And no matter what it’s still much better than the original prototype headsculpt.

Just ordered him. I like the look and presence (and I have Cavill Superman and Gadot Wonder Woman on preorder so they should match up nicely).

attachment.php

This shot is freaking bad ass!! This turned out pretty well

I posted this in the other forum but in case you didn't see it, here you go. Received this bad boy today. My first 1/3 scale statue and I am impressed with the size. Overall, it turned out great (I even think he Ben head was pretty darn good) BUT there was one issue. It looked like there was damage and a touch up on the Batman head sculpt. Since the rest of the cowl is smooth, it really stands out. I have asked for a replacement from SSC and will see what they say. iPhone pics below.

IMG-5917.jpgIMG-5918.jpgIMG-5921.jpgIMG-5928.jpgIMG-5929.jpgIMG-5931.jpgIMG-5932.jpgIMG-5933.jpgIMG-5924.jpg

I posted this in the other forum but in case you didn't see it, here you go. Received this bad boy today. My first 1/3 scale statue and I am impressed with the size. Overall, it turned out great (I even think he Ben head was pretty darn good) BUT there was one issue. It looked like there was damage and a touch up on the Batman head sculpt. Since the rest of the cowl is smooth, it really stands out. I have asked for a replacement from SSC and will see what they say. iPhone pics below.

Looking really good. Congrats on your first 1/3 scale! For whatever reason - probably lighting or lens distortion - your unmasked portrait shots look more like Ben than some of the other photos I’ve seen.

Bummer about the imperfection. I hope they take care of you quickly.

Looking really good. Congrats on your first 1/3 scale! For whatever reason - probably lighting or lens distortion - your unmasked portrait shots look more like Ben than some of the other photos I’ve seen.

Bummer about the imperfection. I hope they take care of you quickly.

Thanks. I agree on the Affleck head. I think I received a pretty good one.

I am not sure if SSC will be able to take care of me on the Batman head but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. When you pay $1,000 for a statue, you want it to be perfect (and except for those marks, it is).

It's funny. This is the only P1 Batman that was displayed at SDCC, and it sold out on the Sideshow site during the show. Both the EX and REG are now in the archive as sold out.

Back