Prime 1 1/3 Justice League Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the eyes look fine in this pic. Please post more pics. Thanks.

I did say the eyes looked okay in that particular pic. On the masked head the pupils/iris are more or less actually perfectly aligned with each other, it’s just that they’ve painted part of the left eye pink, and the part that would be pink is painted black. But I’m guessing they were going for the arteries that are present at the sides of the actual eyes, but went too thick or too far to the centre of the eye. Maybe Bats was rubbing his eye way too much and got ‘pink eye’.

But as I mentioned it’s more the unmasked head that I have an issue with. The one which I’ve essentially paid over $500 USD to get. Depending on the angle and height that I look at the eyes, sometimes they look fine, and sometimes they don’t.

Eyes look fine there. How's the paint apps on the skin and beard? Are they still using translucent resin?

The unmasked head is definitely made out of a translucent resin, but I’m not certain if the masked head is. Regarding the paint, from a foot away or even half that distance the paint apps look great, but the closer you get the weaker that they look. They’re far from terrible, just that they may be weaker than other Prime 1 headsculpts which most are extremely well done. Under certain lights and distance mine seems to have a white top coat applied to it or something, which can look odd sometimes. But under my LED strips (not white) the effect disappears.

The paint on the beard is a weird one. The unmasked headsculpt’s beard looks to have more sculpted in detail (maybe too much) than the masked head. And for mine I’m thinking too different painters did the two heads on mine. As the beard on the unmasked head was painted more like with a wash etc, but the one on the masked head was almost drawn on, with tiny brown lines drawn up and down the beard (I think the 1/2 scale is very much the same). I’m not sure which style I prefer.

To be fair, the head on the Prime 1 Dark Knight statue is not a good comparison point as it's smallish compared to his body - not 'undersized', mind you, as it actually befits Miller's style.

Outside of Killer Croc and maybe a couple others the Dark Knight Returns headsculpt is one of the biggest headsculpts on any Prime 1 1/3 scale statue (and was the biggest in my collection by far that also includes AK Bats, Joker, HQ, SC, TF, CW (incoming) and AO DS). The only Batman with possibly a larger headsculpt would be the Arkham Origins one which I’ve always thought kinda looked oversized.

And I’ll try to take some photos today, but I’ve only got a phone camera and it’s quite overcast today.

To be fair, the head on the Prime 1 Dark Knight statue is not a good comparison point as it's smallish compared to his body - not 'undersized', mind you, as it actually befits Miller's style.

Outside of Killer Croc and maybe a couple others the Dark Knight Returns headsculpt is one of the biggest headsculpts on any Prime 1 1/3 scale statue (and was the biggest in my collection by far that also includes AK Bats, Joker, HQ, SC, TF, CW (incoming) and AO DS). The only Batman with possibly a larger headsculpt would be the Arkham Origins one which I’ve always thought kinda looked oversized.

OK, I stand corrected: "To be fair, the body on the Prime 1 Dark Knight statue is not a good comparison point as it's biggish compared to his head - not 'oversized', mind you, as it actually befits Miller's style." :p

OK, I stand corrected: "To be fair, the body on the Prime 1 Dark Knight statue is not a good comparison point as it's biggish compared to his head - not 'oversized', mind you, as it actually befits Miller's style." :p

The Prime 1 1/3 Miller statue is just a big statue overall really. But I get what you’re saying. Smallish head, big body.

Heck if anything I’m thinking the unmasked Batfleck head seems a tad too big for the body :dunno

But overall you’re happy? I cancelled my P1 order and trying to decide whether to reorder from Sideshow.

Also trying to figure out whether adding a 1/3 piece to a 1/4 display makes any sense.

But overall you’re happy? I cancelled my P1 order and trying to decide whether to reorder from Sideshow.

Also trying to figure out whether adding a 1/3 piece to a 1/4 display makes any sense.

I tend to be a bit nit picky with my statues, but yes overall I’m happy with the statue.

And after going over the statue with a fine tooth comb, I just found one area around the top of the belt where the paint transition isn’t the best. Everywhere else is perfect. The underside of the belt is perfect but I believe the body is assembled together at that point, which is why it’s perfect. Total non issue though.

I tend to be a bit nit picky with my statues, but yes overall I’m happy with the statue.

And after going over the statue with a fine tooth comb, I just found one area around the top of the belt where the paint transition isn’t the best. Everywhere else is perfect. The underside of the belt is perfect but I believe the body is assembled together at that point, which is why it’s perfect. Total non issue though.

Hey Phoenix, are the dimensions listed at Sideshow accurate?

Height: 35.90" (911.86 mm) | Width: 16.85" (427.99 mm) | Depth: 16.61" (421.89 mm) | *

Height: 35.90" (911.86 mm) | Width: 16.85" (427.99 mm) | Depth: 16.61" (421.89 mm) | *

I’ll check up on that after I get back from the Cinemas.

But the Depth measurement is correct, as I measured that yesterday to confirm whether it would fit in a Besta.

I’ve just rechecked all three heights and they’re all more or less correct. If anything they may be a full centimetre shorter in the height and width categories.

I’ve just rechecked all three heights and they’re all more or less correct. If anything they may be a full centimetre shorter in the height and width categories.

Thanks Phoenix.

Curious that he seems oversized. Do you have Cyborg? Is that the case with him?

FWIW, Ben Affleck is a big guy and he has a huge head. Maybe that is part of it?

What film did you see?

Thanks Phoenix.

Curious that he seems oversized. Do you have Cyborg? Is that the case with him?

FWIW, Ben Affleck is a big guy and he has a huge head. Maybe that is part of it?

What film did you see?

I ordered Cyborg locally and they’ve yet to receive him yet. Probably won’t get him until August or September.

But honestly I think all of Prime 1’s Trinity pieces have been oversized so far. That includes the 1/2 Trinity and this Bats, and the Training WW which I’ll be getting in hand soon.

Far From Home. For the second time.

I’ll post some photos once they transfer into the cloud. Though half my iPhone camera photos were taken using the normal photo setting and the other using the Portrait function, as I found the normal setting had a tendency of narrowing the image, which was readily apparent with the facesculpt.

A few photos. Note I used the normal Photo setting on my iPhone, so actual proportions may differ slightly.

8DDB7F56-3179-48BE-9F1A-B356422189F5.jpg

8F929956-3A3D-482B-B2C7-B6AC46643FAD.jpg

57B70313-DCE4-40B8-8384-B31E0A00B4CF.jpg

BB55E85B-0A00-4BDB-B76D-77AC5E965702.jpg

FF99A0D5-DC8D-43B7-BC97-32E3B311B70C.jpg

BC5F224C-A5A0-43E9-9A69-071D04B801F8.jpg

2E22131E-32F8-4EE0-BCAD-549750C622AE.jpg

7D9BD81F-ACC8-481B-99FF-6CFFF588F511.jpg

E4A55EC9-66DF-4512-B000-39CD844156EE.jpg

BAA09459-FB85-409B-96DD-9A50CE7B1993.jpg

32CA40FD-EF9B-427B-B001-A04B071B67A9.jpg

AEFDE623-2DB6-4452-880F-607BBC967E71.jpg

More photos to come.

And I have no idea why the normal setting makes the close up shot of the face look so narrow etc

C81AD3F5-CEE0-4AFD-B479-E694CE390B4E.jpg

The ones below look much better.

A few more photos, but using the portrait function which greatly improved the proportions for up close shots of the facesculpt.

B4B26A53-E634-4AF3-BC07-81E6DA21F75B.jpg

C081AA90-E3A2-4224-81C9-84568A056108.jpg

B950D883-7E6D-4F22-AABB-61B41D0BAFFC.jpg

A08C26F0-5458-4248-BC21-D53A197FFE1A.jpg

66AEC579-4515-4F93-9CA7-695705676F45.jpg

8C67B00A-D4A6-40B7-8DF1-9C2AB1E88190.jpg

0C84CE9C-B521-4837-B5B7-8439DBC129CB.jpg

9DD4B6E2-C585-48E9-A1E0-B0EC798CA565.jpg

BE043735-5C18-426E-98E1-C70F78956D23.jpg

I’ve pretty much completely reversed my opinion on the eyes. I don’t know what I was thinking about before :dunno

Though I do wish both eyes were positioned more to his left. As it looks somewhat odd given that the body is twisting to his left, but the eyes are a tad to his right.

Looks great. I love the way the cape hangs.

Yup, I love fabric capes on Batman movie statues. As you said it’s all about how it hangs.

Though I may need to fix the alignment on the back so that it looks a bit smoother.

Also for anyone who’s getting this, be careful when futzing the cape around the cowl as pulling too much can cause the stitching to loosen around the back. I may fix the stitching later on if it gets any worse.

95F57834-618D-4182-8C13-0F4556E66654.jpg

And I have no idea why these thin adhesive foam pads were provided? The base ones are thick rubber pads.

7CDBE4E5-E58A-48C7-BA4E-73FEC63EE2C1.jpg

Eyes look fine there. How's the paint apps on the skin and beard? Are they still using translucent resin?

The paint on the beard is a weird one. The unmasked headsculpt’s beard looks to have more sculpted in detail (maybe too much) than the masked head. And for mine I’m thinking too different painters did the two heads on mine. As the beard on the unmasked head was painted more like with a wash etc, but the one on the masked head was almost drawn on, with tiny brown lines drawn up and down the beard (I think the 1/2 scale is very much the same). I’m not sure which style I prefer.

Here’s some up close photos of the beard on the masked headsculpt. The lines that make up the beard can look odd up close, but at a normal viewing distance it looks fine imo.

CB87A34C-B3D8-4239-B77A-568CD79C8251.jpg

B4C546A6-42D8-4E1D-893E-FCB8163291AB.jpg

9C31B172-07AF-4ED9-8581-BB289B483F21.jpg

Looks great Phoenix!! Really love how Prime one have done the colours, the black contrasting beautifully with the grey.

Always felt with the Hot Toys Batflecks they make they a shade to dark so the bat symbol and cowl don't as they do here.

Looks great Phoenix!! Really love how Prime one have done the colours, the black contrasting beautifully with the grey.

Always felt with the Hot Toys Batflecks they make they a shade to dark so the bat symbol and cowl don't as they do here.

I’m not 100% sure, but I sometimes see a silver twinkle here and there in the grey paint. But most likely it’s probably just the gloss catching the light.

your photos are amazing I must receive this the next week in Mexico, I was very aware of your opinion, but your photos has revealed an excellent statue, although the portrait without a mask is not 100 percent similar, I understand that in the photos very up close you can appreciate details that on a real scale are little perseptible.
thanks for your review and your photos.

I was thinking if the pads would be for the portraits where they have contact with the cape?

Looks pretty good, but I'm still on the fence about this one. I do have Supes on order. I know it's harder to get the detail in a smaller scale, but I think the 1:2 is painted much better, especially the stubble. Am I wrong Phoenix? since you have both...

Back