Prime 1 1/3 Justice League Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still haven't heard back from SSC on my Batman headsculpt issue. Hoping they can take care of me and they have a replacement in stock (i.e., someone sent theirs back).

Well, they have the one displayed at SDCC. The statue sold out on their site early in the convention. I doubt the one displayed is spoken for.

Tempted to order this from P1, but the $179 shipping charge is bugging me.

Well, SSC did not have any replacement Batman heads. Disappointed but if they don't have any replacements, there really isn't anything they can do (so I don't blame them). They offered me a credit but I'm probably returning the statue as I'll never feel good spending $1,000 on a statue with an obvious "let's repair this and hope they aren't picky" issue. Now, I may be picky but when you are spending that kind of cash, you want to be happy. If they have a waitlist, then someone will probably be notified soon.

Well, SSC did not have any replacement Batman heads. Disappointed but if they don't have any replacements, there really isn't anything they can do (so I don't blame them). They offered me a credit but I'm probably returning the statue as I'll never feel good spending $1,000 on a statue with an obvious "let's repair this and hope they aren't picky" issue. Now, I may be picky but when you are spending that kind of cash, you want to be happy. If they have a waitlist, then someone will probably be notified soon.

You're doing the right thing. Get your cash back & rebuy it direct from P1 if you still want one. You should post your edition number as well, just in case SS does resell it to someone here as new.

Well strictly speaking they’re not supposed to sell as new, pieces that have been opened and returned for issues. At least not without notifying the buyer.

They do that all the time, I have gotten returns and I know others have gotten my returns, seen it happen right here on the forum. I wouldn't mind if they fixed the issues, but they just box them back up and keep trying...

Looks great, nearmint. You convinced me to look into this again.

I enjoy the vast bulk of Nearmint’s vids, but if I didn’t already have the statue I’m not sure if that video would’ve encouraged me to buy it or run for the hills because of his own ongoing difficulties with the cape shown through the video.

Though it’s always nice to see a statue in a video rather than static photos.

(And I’m getting sick of this sites current issues with contractions when using ‘)

I enjoy the vast bulk of Nearmint?s vids, but if I didn?t already have the statue I?m not sure if that video would?ve encouraged me to buy it or run for the hills because of his own ongoing difficulties with the cape shown through the video.

To be fair, that's on me. Once I figured out to attach the cape to the portrait first, all was well. I mention that late in the video, but not everyone watches youtube videos to the end. So yes, early exiters might get the impression that the cape is difficult, but in truth it was user error.

To be fair, that's on me. Once I figured out to attach the cape to the portrait first, all was well. I mention that late in the video, but not everyone watches youtube videos to the end. So yes, early exiters might get the impression that the cape is difficult, but in truth it was user error.

That’s the thing, even by the end, and forgive me for saying, the cape was still a bit of a mess.

Nice review. Although I'm not liking how much lighter the gray appears to be from the proto pics. I think if I were to get this I'd feel the need to airbrush that a bit darker.

I enjoy the vast bulk of Nearmint?s vids, but if I didn?t already have the statue I?m not sure if that video would?ve encouraged me to buy it or run for the hills because of his own ongoing difficulties with the cape shown through the video.

Though it?s always nice to see a statue in a video rather than static photos.

(And I?m getting sick of this sites current issues with contractions when using ?)

I was already an owner of this and had to return it to Sideshow due to an issue with the Batman head so I've always been a fan (and SSC had sold out by then). I've been thinking about getting it again and was probably going to anyway. It is just nice to see a video to give me that extra little push. By the way, ordered the regular version from Secret Compass (I would never display the Affleck head even though it isn't too bad). Anxious to get it in hand again! Have Superman and Wonder Woman on order to complete my 1/3 trinity.

99-BDE14-C-906-E-4-B28-98-CF-F48-F90-F78-B31.jpg

Back