Prices for Hot Toys Avengers Loki

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good news, I was finally able to score one of these for around $400. Normally it wouldn't be something that I would spend that kind of money on, but given that Loki's appearance in Ragnarok doesn't guarantee the prices on this version going down, I pulled the trigger. Mine was sort of half-new and half-used, but 100% complete with all accessories. Some parts of the packaging (I.E., the cape) had never been opened before, and it came with the original brown shipper box. Needless to say, he looks great and I am very happy to have him in my collection. :)

Awesome! Many many congrats:clap:clap:clap and IMO he looks amazing! Re the money, well, yeah, but I paid as much for a *pristine* "new" WS and not once have I had a tinge of regret - if anything seeing new WS going for over 500$ - and suspect Loki is the same - just glad I bought when I did!:horror

Looks like an amazing Loki and happy for yah! I know what it's like opening that kind of package.:)

Jesus that's a lot of money sitting on a shelf.

Well, yeah. Just looking over my shoulder counted 7 figs on a shelf, so est. roughly 7 x 200 = 1400 + another 200 for marked-up WS and extra bases and accessories etc. - and oh, forgot about the $200 dollar limited edition Sideshow diorama base, so, yep, there's about 1800$ sitting on shelf behind me.

Hot Toys? Expensive:horror. Happiness? Priceless.:cool: Can't wait for my latest - AOU Wanda - to show up. But hey, at least I got her at retail!

Jesus that's a lot of money sitting on a shelf.

LOL, at least shipping was free. I actually owe the seller a lot, as the figure was delivered today (Easter) - meaning that they apparently paid for holiday delivery (USPS don't deliver on holidays unless you pay big bucks). :) :lol

Awesome! Many many congrats:clap:clap:clap and IMO he looks amazing! Re the money, well, yeah, but I paid as much for a *pristine* "new" WS and not once have I had a tinge of regret - if anything seeing new WS going for over 500$ - and suspect Loki is the same - just glad I bought when I did!:horror

Looks like an amazing Loki and happy for yah! I know what it's like opening that kind of package.:)

Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it. :)

I got my A1 Loki for about $380 shipped about - year or 2 ago...still don't regret it to this day. he's still one of my favorites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting decision. I would have least waited to see what the new HT figure was going to look like. Just look at how much nicer the newer Cap and Black Widow figures look compared to the Avengers versions, especially in facial likeness. Also you have to assume at least a few people will be selling off the Avengers Loki for the new hotness when that comes out (I'm sure the Dark World version was an easy pass for most Avengers Loki owners).

That said...I've also always wanted this version, haha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Even my sister n law could clearly see the advancement in each of my 4 Thor figures last night... especially the head sculpts..

While it is most certainly true that Hot Toys figures usually get better with each newer version, there are a few things that we can be sure of based on what we can see of Loki in the Ragnarok teaser.

1. He won't be wearing a full helmet (instead he has the visor with horns).

2. He definitely won't be wielding the Chitauri scepter (we can also be sure that the scepter won't appear in any upcoming MCU films since the mind stone was removed from it in AoU).

3. His outfit won't look quite as regal as it did in The Avengers and The Dark World.

I based my buying decision on the following:

1. It's likely that another identical Loki figure won't be released.

2. Positive personal nostalgia that the Avengers film holds for me (AKA happiness factor).

3. I bid in five different eBay auctions for the same figure, and four of these auctions went up to at least $390.

People are apparently willing to pay $390 for the figure, but just watch how long all of those $400 BIN listings stay up. I guess it's the thrill of the competition, LOL. I came to the conclusion that if I actually wanted the figure, I was going to have to pay a minimum of $390. So, taking everything that I wrote above into consideration, I think $400 with free shipping was a decent deal. :)

Interesting decision. I would have least waited to see what the new HT figure was going to look like. Just look at how much nicer the newer Cap and Black Widow figures look compared to the Avengers versions, especially in facial likeness. Also you have to assume at least a few people will be selling off the Avengers Loki for the new hotness when that comes out (I'm sure the Dark World version was an easy pass for most Avengers Loki owners).

All true! - but, IMO, basing my own "willing to pay up-market prices" for original pristine WS (as well as picking up a few Caps) - besides the OP's comments on what makes a release desirable - IMO there's no guarantee that there will be a sculpt improvement. (IMO the only folks who have really, really nailed Bucky so far are the Iron Studios (poly) folks). E.g., it's perfectly possible for HT I guess to over-think??? later releases - like the complaints about the Ben Affleck Antman:monkey3. Or you may not be thrilled w. a later costume/accessories. (That's one of the reasons I PO'd Dr. Strange - suspicious that HT may skimp on him next release.)

Also if a given fig comes w. a certain costume - even sealed, these figs inevitably age. But IMO a collector who's paid a premium for a favored fig is gonna know (obviously) how they are taking care of it, probably go that extra mile re display. Even sealed, you don't usually know how a seller is storing stock:horror. Was the fig displayed? Kept in a box in the closet? Stored in a warm attic or stacked w. dozens of other figs in a storage locker? Sellers w. a lot of inventory aren't going to fuss over your one most-wanted figure. Better that it's in the buyer's hands ASAP.

Plus, of course, IMO better to pay more for something you really want, than pay less and have more "filler" figs. But everyone collects differently:). I keep my figs, but I don't work to complete line-ups and/or pass on entire lines. Like, so far, have no plans for any Guardians (so far$$$$).

People are apparently willing to pay $390 for the figure, but just watch how long all of those $400 BIN listings stay up. I guess it's the thrill of the competition, LOL. I came to the conclusion that if I actually wanted the figure, I was going to have to pay a minimum of $390. So, taking everything that I wrote above into consideration, I think $400 with free shipping was a decent deal. :)

LOL, I was almost there w. a WS auction; smug that I thought I was winning over someone else, and got sniped w. seconds to go:cool:. Wasn't that peeved, since I already owned him:monkey3. Within reason, luv BINs since I don't have to mess about - IMO not worth having to watch and fret. And have had some terrific sellers w. BINs.

IMO, for WS, Loki, probably some IMs and Caps - others I don't know about - IMO paying roughly double retail is worth it, because that's the market, and in theory giving up a second fig - in theory is also worth it. E.g., I'm gonna get original Bucky at 2x the price, but I won't get CW Hawkeye at all. As far as the bank account goes, I spent the same. But I'm happy because I got what I wanted the most. I like Hawkeye as a character just fine, I just don't NEED him except maybe, possibly, as a team line-up.

But I did need Buckys and various Caps (and now I need WS Falcon LOL - maybe next month:cool:). Just afraid re Thor Ragnarok gonna NEED Thor, Loki, and Hela:lol

Oh I get it, if you want the figure and don't think prices are going to get much better, then by all means you do you. But you never know, he could have even more looks that weren't shown in the one trailer released so far. Hard to say these days how much screen time a costume even needs for HT to decide to make it! I've just been holding out for a while now that, overall, the newer Loki *should* be a much nicer figure than one from a few years ago.

Oh I get it, if you want the figure and don't think prices are going to get much better, then by all means you do you. But you never know, he could have even more looks that weren't shown in the one trailer released so far.

LOL, true. :lol But again, we all know one thing that is almost certain - the Chitauri scepter probably isn't showing up in the MCU again. No scepter in MCU = no scepter w/ newer Loki figure (even if the outfit is more regal than what we've seen so far) = better get the version w/ scepter now.

Plus we probably aren't getting the Ragnarok Loki figure until mid 2018 at the very earliest if Hot Toys even makes it - I'm impatient. :lol

Just curious, does anyone else have balancing problems with this figure? The ball joints on the feet of mine seem very loose (likely because he's top heavy) and he constantly falls over if displayed without the base.

(I'm sure the Dark World version was an easy pass for most Avengers Loki owners).

At the time of my purchase, I had the choice of both Lokis and I still chose the the more expensive one due to the helmet and the accessories. The Dark World one had cuffs? A dagger? The Avengers one had better accessories.

2. Positive personal nostalgia that the Avengers film holds for me (AKA happiness factor).

That's the only reason that matters.

I got mine about a year ago for $400.00 and do not regret it for a second.

So I've been thinking about this thread again recently. Last week I saw a used Loki go for $225 shipped on eBay from a seller who had listed a bunch of Avengers 1 figures all for $225 and a number of die-cast figures all for $350. So I was like, dang, whoever saw that when it first went up got a hell of a deal. Cut to a couple days later and I see a new Loki up for auction in the obscure "Decorative Collectibles" category. Long story short, I just received my new Avengers Loki that I won for $275, simply because most people on eBay don't search outside the typical category that Hot Toys usually get listed in. So I just wanted to post, not to brag about the awesome deal, but rather to reiterate that if you are patient enough than you really can get a great deal on almost any figure out there!

Now bring on the Ragnarok Loki!

So I've been thinking about this thread again recently. Last week I saw a used Loki go for $225 shipped on eBay from a seller who had listed a bunch of Avengers 1 figures all for $225 and a number of die-cast figures all for $350. So I was like, dang, whoever saw that when it first went up got a hell of a deal. Cut to a couple days later and I see a new Loki up for auction in the obscure "Decorative Collectibles" category. Long story short, I just received my new Avengers Loki that I won for $275, simply because most people on eBay don't search outside the typical category that Hot Toys usually get listed in. So I just wanted to post, not to brag about the awesome deal, but rather to reiterate that if you are patient enough than you really can get a great deal on almost any figure out there!

Thats awesome to hear you found a great deal on Avengers Loki. Patience and a little diligence has always paid off for me as well when I am on the hunt for something.

And yes, bring on Ragnarok Loki!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you're the one who outbid me! :) I wasn't sure how legit the auction was, but it looks like you came away with a steal. Congrats!

A few months back I was searching everywhere for a decent priced DoFP Wolverine, I don't know how many listings I looked through before I got a message on this website, somebody was selling theirs priced at $235, talk about a great deal.

Back