Prices for Hot Toys Avengers Loki

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have Avengers Loki and will buy the new one but so far Avengers Loki has a better look although I still like Loki from the first Thor the best but it was never made.

I have Avengers Loki and will buy the new one but so far Avengers Loki has a better look although I still like Loki from the first Thor the best but it was never made.

I was baffled when I learned that Hot Toys actually cancelled the Thor movie Loki figure due to the release of The Avengers version. They released Thor from both movies, so why not Loki? :dunno :lol

4476c0dbbdeb934214c478e12090f24e-d4hcb8k.jpg

I wouldn't count on it either, LOL. I imagine that the first figure will continue to sell for ridiculous aftermarket prices even if Hot Toys does one based on his look in Ragnarok. Plus, Ragnarok doesn't come out until November - meaning that we probably won't get another Loki from HT until mid 2018 at the earliest.

Just as an update pertaining to the main purpose of this thread - it looks like I may get myself a deal on the Avengers Loki figure. Not disclosing the price yet as the deal isn't final.

Just sayin' been where you've been w. the first Winter Soldier. Got started collecting too late and last year prices on him shot up. Can see both sides of a pricier after-market purchase - but hafta say after paying premiums for WS both used and new, have no regrets at all:cool:. If anything, it was amazing opening those packages and felt relief he was in my hands. Prices for him are even higher now, and there's not that many ebay auctions for him. Or there's *outrageous* ripoff pricing on Amazon.:horror

Was/is he "worth" what I paid? *Shrug* I'm very happy - happier than I would have been buying 2 or three figures that are less-favorite. Sure wasn't thinking about the extra I paid when when I opened those boxes:lol, too busy being *awestruck* and fascinated.:cool:

Like, I have Kylo Ren on PO right now - wanted the fig, but I'd never pay a premium for him. There's a limit to what I'd pay for an HT or anything else - but if it's taking up valuable shelf space, for me I'll pay more for a most-wanted fig. And I futz w. my figs, buy accessories and special stands, and so on. They need to be worth the time.

For me too, figured like anything retired - I was gonna hafta pay what the aftermarket demanded (up to a point:horror), especially for a sealed fig. Maybe I'd get a deal, maybe I wouldn't:dunno. But for a "new" fig that was already 2, 3 years old, the sooner it was in my hands, the better. Because these things age and I knew I'd be keeping the figs in cool temps etc vs. maybe a too-hot storage area by a seller who has dozens of boxed figs, maybe. Accessories get lost.:(

My two cents - so best of luck acquiring Loki!:)

Cool pic. But I have to say it's not the full helmet look. It's more like a "visor", with his head exposed on top and on the sides. Also, the costume isn't as elegant as the first one with the gold overcoat, shoulder armor, guantlets, you get the idea. Way too early to tell, but if the figure were to look like the pic, I wouldn't count on the first one going down in price.

I always remembered Loki have more of the "visor" helmet with a green dome on top, like he was wearing a green (not sure what you call it, but similar to what knights wore back in the day) over his head, with the helmet on/around it, so I don't mind this look at all. Rather get this one instead of the overpriced aftermarket Avengers Loki, but you can't go wrong either way.

Loki_Laufeyson_Earth_616.jpg

Just sayin' been where you've been w. the first Winter Soldier. Got started collecting too late and last year prices on him shot up. Can see both sides of a pricier after-market purchase - but hafta say after paying premiums for WS both used and new, have no regrets at all:cool:. If anything, it was amazing opening those packages and felt relief he was in my hands. Prices for him are even higher now, and there's not that many ebay auctions for him. Or there's *outrageous* ripoff pricing on Amazon.:horror

Was/is he "worth" what I paid? *Shrug* I'm very happy - happier than I would have been buying 2 or three figures that are less-favorite. Sure wasn't thinking about the extra I paid when when I opened those boxes:lol, too busy being *awestruck* and fascinated.:cool:

Like, I have Kylo Ren on PO right now - wanted the fig, but I'd never pay a premium for him. There's a limit to what I'd pay for an HT or anything else - but if it's taking up valuable shelf space, for me I'll pay more for a most-wanted fig. And I futz w. my figs, buy accessories and special stands, and so on. They need to be worth the time.

For me too, figured like anything retired - I was gonna hafta pay what the aftermarket demanded (up to a point:horror), especially for a sealed fig. Maybe I'd get a deal, maybe I wouldn't:dunno. But for a "new" fig that was already 2, 3 years old, the sooner it was in my hands, the better. Because these things age and I knew I'd be keeping the figs in cool temps etc vs. maybe a too-hot storage area by a seller who has dozens of boxed figs, maybe. Accessories get lost.:(

My two cents - so best of luck acquiring Loki!:)

Well said. Amazon seems to be the most overpriced when it comes to pretty much everything on the secondary market, not just HT figures but everything I collect. I've had similar instances where I felt like I paid a little more than I should have for something, but I also get too "awestruck" while opening the box to really think about that, LOL. :lol A good example would be NECA's Mogwai Mohawk from Gremlins 2. The figure was rare and sold out at the time that I wanted it, so I ended up buying a used one for $50 when the original retail was $15. About a year later, Toys R Us found a bunch of old stock of the figure and sold them for the original $15. :rotfl

In terms of Loki, I've bid in about five different eBay auctions all for the same figure in "used" condition. Some included the original brown shipper box, others didn't. The first auction I was going to bid in sold for roughly $300, but I forgot to transfer the money that I needed and ended-up unable to bid. However, the last three auctions all sold for roughly $390 + shipping. I don't think paying $390 for the figure is ridiculous, but I do think that bidding $390 is ridiculous because there are plenty of BIN listings for $400. I guess saving $10 is just that important to these people. :lol I've accepted that I'm going to have to pay $400 at a minimum if I actually want the figure.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. :)

Tangentially if a Ragnarok Loki ends up being produced I realistically do not expect it on U.S. shores a day before the year 2019...I think that can be banked on!

I was baffled when I learned that Hot Toys actually cancelled the Thor movie Loki figure due to the release of The Avengers version. They released Thor from both movies, so why not Loki? :dunno :lol

4476c0dbbdeb934214c478e12090f24e-d4hcb8k.jpg

:gah: Everytime I see that figure :gah:....why Hot Toys, why!! Real shame this one never got made. :(

Thankfully I have the Avengers Loki :yess: and will more than likely buy the new Thor 3 version if/when it is made.

Well said. Amazon seems to be the most overpriced when it comes to pretty much everything on the secondary market, not just HT figures but everything I collect. I've had similar instances where I felt like I paid a little more than I should have for something, but I also get too "awestruck" while opening the box to really think about that, LOL. :lol A good example would be NECA's Mogwai Mohawk from Gremlins 2. The figure was rare and sold out at the time that I wanted it, so I ended up buying a used one for $50 when the original retail was $15. About a year later, Toys R Us found a bunch of old stock of the figure and sold them for the original $15. :rotfl

In terms of Loki, I've bid in about five different eBay auctions all for the same figure in "used" condition. Some included the original brown shipper box, others didn't. The first auction I was going to bid in sold for roughly $300, but I forgot to transfer the money that I needed and ended-up unable to bid. However, the last three auctions all sold for roughly $390 + shipping. I don't think paying $390 for the figure is ridiculous, but I do think that bidding $390 is ridiculous because there are plenty of BIN listings for $400. I guess saving $10 is just that important to these people. :lol I've accepted that I'm going to have to pay $400 at a minimum if I actually want the figure.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. :)

Suppose we all wince when down the road we see folks who got a better deal *shrug* but that's collecting for yah LOL:cuckoo:! Glad my comments were useful:) - I just figure everyone collects differently:dunno, and "worth" is pretty subjective (within reason). My VERY loose rule of thumb for a retired HT is paying (roughly) a max of double the original retail - a pretty loose rule, factoring in that HTs like all plastic degrades, the seller, condition, age, "rarity", availability of parted outed parts, costume (e.g. how much rubber???:horror) and so on. Not something I do very often:horror. But - a given fig will never be made again, w. that production run/costume/paint.

I figure 2x max retail is "fair" for a retired, out-of-stock, popular HT fig in new or sealed condition from a reputable seller (who's possibly been sitting on the boxed fig all this time) - but who can say:dunno? I'm no expert - that's just my opinion of what's "fair". Doubt any of the folks I bought from were getting rich from flipping and like that. I've tracked enough WS auctions to know there are folks who are still waiting to sell at ultra-high inflated prices LOL good luck with that:cool:. I plan on keeping my figs, so it's worth it to me to cherry-pick. And worth it to me to give up a less-wanted fig (like Finn, for now) and pay more for what I really want (within what I think may be high, but not unreasonable. I pass on folks I think are being jerks about resales:mad:).

For me it's the "happiness factor" (like happily sourcing a new Barrett sniper rifle and scorched KO shield for my perfect HT WS that I already paid a premium for). Not staring wistfully at other collectors' pics because they own WS and I don't. HAPPINESS. IMO worth it.:cool: Really hope you get your Loki (and post pics!:))

Looks like Loki might have a couple slightly different looks? If they make this one then I dunno, I think the cape looks pretty bamf.

e3e69ffab34379955648f3f3e1840bfb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh hell.. two skimmed viewings of the trailer (one with pitiful SFF speakers) and I totally missed Loki in that scene... :lol

Suppose we all wince when down the road we see folks who got a better deal *shrug* but that's collecting for yah LOL:cuckoo:! Glad my comments were useful:) - I just figure everyone collects differently:dunno, and "worth" is pretty subjective (within reason). My VERY loose rule of thumb for a retired HT is paying (roughly) a max of double the original retail - a pretty loose rule, factoring in that HTs like all plastic degrades, the seller, condition, age, "rarity", availability of parted outed parts, costume (e.g. how much rubber???:horror) and so on. Not something I do very often:horror. But - a given fig will never be made again, w. that production run/costume/paint.

I figure 2x max retail is "fair" for a retired, out-of-stock, popular HT fig in new or sealed condition from a reputable seller (who's possibly been sitting on the boxed fig all this time) - but who can say:dunno? I'm no expert - that's just my opinion of what's "fair". Doubt any of the folks I bought from were getting rich from flipping and like that. I've tracked enough WS auctions to know there are folks who are still waiting to sell at ultra-high inflated prices LOL good luck with that:cool:. I plan on keeping my figs, so it's worth it to me to cherry-pick. And worth it to me to give up a less-wanted fig (like Finn, for now) and pay more for what I really want (within what I think may be high, but not unreasonable. I pass on folks I think are being jerks about resales:mad:).

For me it's the "happiness factor" (like happily sourcing a new Barrett sniper rifle and scorched KO shield for my perfect HT WS that I already paid a premium for). Not staring wistfully at other collectors' pics because they own WS and I don't. HAPPINESS. IMO worth it.:cool: Really hope you get your Loki (and post pics!:))

Very well said, again. :) Happiness factor is most certainly a key when it comes to what I'll buy and what I'll pay for it. With A1 Loki I'm willing to take the $400 gamble not only because of Tom Hiddleston's memorable performance of the character, but also because The Avengers film holds major positive personal nostalgia for me. Just looking at the production pics of the figure take me back to the good old days.

When/if I get the figure I will most definitely post pics here and do a written review on my blog. Thanks again. :)

Actually the visor with horns is more of the modern comics look, superior to the Avengers version IMO, glad to wait for that version

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I loved Agent of Asgard (the differences between present-day Loki and King Loki were great). Coupled with The Tenth Realm arc during Original Sin, it was what made me a Loki/Lady Loki fan. Was very happy to see his new look in the Ragnarok trailer. I just hope that at some point, he wears the headpiece with the outfit he has on while viewing the gladiator match alongside Grandmaster; that would make for a more interesting look and a cooler figure, imo.

Good news, I was finally able to score one of these for around $400. Normally it wouldn't be something that I would spend that kind of money on, but given that Loki's appearance in Ragnarok doesn't guarantee the prices on this version going down, I pulled the trigger. Mine was sort of half-new and half-used, but 100% complete with all accessories. Some parts of the packaging (I.E., the cape) had never been opened before, and it came with the original brown shipper box. Needless to say, he looks great and I am very happy to have him in my collection. :)

Here are some pics.

wrZiZcR.png

cmPR9gg.png

6bSKj5W.png

And here is one of my Photoshop tricks. The gem in the scepter doesn't actually glow.

PDQtju3.png

Jesus that's a lot of money sitting on a shelf.

Have fun with the figure!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back