Prices for Hot Toys Avengers Loki

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Important to note as well, if they make a great Loki for Ragnorok then the price on Avengers Loki will come down considerably. Since TDW was a rare miss where the newer figure was worse, it really spiked the price as demand went up. See how Avengers Hawkeye was priced as if it were made of gold until there was another release, as it was missed by most collectors on the initial release and then people were desperate to have a Hawkeye in their collection. Now that there are a few superior releases, no more insane prices. Since the new movie is not too far off now, best to wait it out or keep an ear to the ground for a great deal in the mean time.

:exactly:

Seems to be the only logical reason why it has reached such ridiculous highs.

I may be one of the few that preferred TDW Loki over the Avengers Loki. Avengers wins in accessories but TDW head sculpt and outfit are much better in my opinion. The outfit on Avengers is too thick and doesn't lay as well. TDW outfit lays very nice making loki look more thin. I miss the helmet.

My advice would be to keep hunting for a better deal, I was looking for a DOFP Wolverine for the longest time but could never find one for anything much under $500 until I came across a guy on these forums selling him for $270, still pricey but that included shipping as well. Best of luck!
Goodness has the figure hopped that much in price? I had no idea that he'd appreciated like that. I always thought it was one of those "went quietly into the dark" sort of figures. Really one of my subtle favorites.

For those of you who were wondering about the possible HT Ragnarok Loki - I don't think Loki will have the horns in Ragnarok. Apparently there were some "first look" images of Ragnarok leaked earlier today. Then again, we can't judge by one image - so who knows.

thor-3-ragnarok-loki-tom-hiddleston.jpg

As for the rest of the film... it kind of looks like the first Thor movie and Guardians of the Galaxy had a baby, LOL. :lol https://ew.com/movies/thor-ragnarok-exclusive-first-look-photos/thor-chris-hemsworth/

thor-3-ragnarok-chris-hemsworth.jpg

thor-3-ragnarok-jeff-goldblum-grandmaster.jpg

thor-3-ragnarok-director-stars.jpg

thor-3-ragnarok-tess-thompson-valkyrie.jpg

You'd like to think based on the end of TDW that this Loki would include helmet and Odin scepter. I dig the direction this Thor movie looks to have, although I liked the first two as well so... 🤓

Thor looks like a cast member from the show Spartacus.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Important to note as well, if they make a great Loki for Ragnorok then the price on Avengers Loki will come down considerably. Since TDW was a rare miss where the newer figure was worse, it really spiked the price as demand went up. See how Avengers Hawkeye was priced as if it were made of gold until there was another release, as it was missed by most collectors on the initial release and then people were desperate to have a Hawkeye in their collection. Now that there are a few superior releases, no more insane prices. Since the new movie is not too far off now, best to wait it out or keep an ear to the ground for a great deal in the mean time.

tell me about it! that was very frustrating for me...buy A1 Hawkeye for around $400 when he was so sought after, next thing u know, within a year of me getting him, AoU version comes out! & we all see the prices on him now... :slap

I was just new to the hobby at the time, but I learned about things getting re-released (somewhat) very quickly haha

I dig Thor's gladiator look, I'm sure it's all for a story reason.

I think you're right. Based on what little info I've read, Thor is on an entirely different planet in this movie, and not Asgard - so this explains the whole futuristic Guardians of the Galaxy-esque look that the film is going for. :wink1:

Well, I've been watching a good number of eBay auctions for this figure in the past two weeks and, as I expected, most of the bids went higher than what you can get for BIN. One auction I was watching actually sold for only $300, and I would have bid if not for the fact that I'm an idiot and forgot to transfer the funds that I had saved for the figure. :lol The last two auctions sold for basically $400 (all three were in "used" condition, BTW).

Now that I know the general selling price and have been accepted into one of the 1/6 collectors FB groups, I think I'll just look for a good BIN deal on eBay or something on FB. :)

$400 seems like a lot for it. Just wait for Ragnarok Loke although Im not sure hell be wearing the horn helmet which is what peoplw want. I have Avengers Loki and wouldn't pay near $400 for it.

LOL guys, tell that to the bidders. :lol I suspect that if Loki ends up wearing the horns in Ragnarok and HT actually releases a superior figure, prices on the original version may end up going down. But what are the odds of Loki wielding the Chitauri Specter again in any MCU film? Precisely. I'll just investigate FB for a better deal. :)

I hate to say it, but you're probably not going to be able to touch a new one for under $500. At least not right now anyway. I got lucky last fall and picked up a used one for $260. Just had to replace 2 missing hands and that was pretty easy. You can still find deals if you stick with it.

Good luck.

Looks like Loki will have the horns in Ragnarok...

Xsehwms.png

Cool pic. But I have to say it's not the full helmet look. It's more like a "visor", with his head exposed on top and on the sides. Also, the costume isn't as elegant as the first one with the gold overcoat, shoulder armor, guantlets, you get the idea. Way too early to tell, but if the figure were to look like the pic, I wouldn't count on the first one going down in price.

Cool pic. But I have to say it's not the full helmet look. It's more like a "visor", with his head exposed on top and on the sides. Also, the costume isn't as elegant as the first one with the gold overcoat, shoulder armor, guantlets, you get the idea. Way too early to tell, but if the figure were to look like the pic, I wouldn't count on the first one going down in price.

I wouldn't count on it either, LOL. I imagine that the first figure will continue to sell for ridiculous aftermarket prices even if Hot Toys does one based on his look in Ragnarok. Plus, Ragnarok doesn't come out until November - meaning that we probably won't get another Loki from HT until mid 2018 at the earliest.

Just as an update pertaining to the main purpose of this thread - it looks like I may get myself a deal on the Avengers Loki figure. Not disclosing the price yet as the deal isn't final.

Yep, Avengers Loki still looks like the definitive Loki compared to early leaks of Ragnarok Loki.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back