PREDATORS Discussion Thread (***Spoilers***)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plus, Im not CP's friend. I hardly even talk to him on the board.

Why not....:(

SW-You-Fail.jpg

When the Justin Bieber movie comes out in Feb. of next year, you guys can all get along with the lovefest you'll have for this movie. :D

Here's a little taste for ya....enjoy!

4636175844_458b21107e.jpg

In a few yrs he's going to be a meth addict. Why make a movie out of him. He sounds like a chick.

Why not?

I'd rather have an inspired casting choice then John Cena. Which is what they were intending on doing.

So John Cena, or Adrien Brody. :lol

But seriously, he's an actor...actors act. They play different roles. I like actors who do everything. Not just action. Bruce Willis went from Sitcom actor to action star basicly over night.

So John Cena, or Adrien Brody. :lol
For a Drama? Brody. For a mindless action flick with very little acting involved? Cena, The Rock, Vin Diesal, etc. Which was Predators again? Right. :lol

But seriously, he's an actor...actors act.
But if they're not convincing in their role then it breaks the suspension of disbelief. Tara Reid in "Alone in the Dark" as an archaeologist in not convincing. Keanu Reeves in Chain Reaction is not convincing. Adrien Brody as Merc who takes out a Predator is not convincing. Sorry.

Bruce Willis went from Sitcom actor to action star basicly over night.
FYI: Bruce Willis was never a "sitcom actor". Moonlighting wasn't a sitcom. It was a dramatic-comedy. And when Bruce Willis first started doing movies they were all comedies. Even in Die Hard there's a nice amount of comedy.

Last edited:
Then who the ____ told me he was in a sitcom.....:confused: :lol

I dunno. I love when an actor steps out of his zone. No matter the outcome. I appreciate it more.

Like Will Ferrel in Stranger than Fiction. He was pretty good in that. A few comedy scenes, but he really pulled off those dramatic ones as well.

Meh. You guys were too picky. I dont see how he killed this movie.

What if it was reversed? What if Brody was all buffed out, and did action movies from the start of his career....and then he did the Pianst. Same movie too....would you still feel the same way?

Actually, what killed the movie were the plotholes and an infinite number of "homages." Brody did great.

What if it was reversed? What if Brody was all buffed out, and did action movies from the start of his career....and then he did the Pianst. Same movie too....would you still feel the same way?

Has nothing to do with being "buff". Because Brody DID gain some weight for the role in Predators. The problem is his face. Doesn't matter how buff dude is, he still looks like a nerd and he still looks like he's one step away from crying every second. Puppy eyed ass.

So to answer your question, there's a difference. Drama's aren't a type casted genre. The only requirement is the ability to act. So it wouldn't matter how an actor looked physically.. if they could act then they can do a dramatic role. But Action movies are different. Regardless if you personally agree or disagree, that's the reality.

Eddie Murphy, Bruce Willis, Harrison Ford, Pierce Brosnan, Tom Cruise, etc. have ALL done Action movies. And none of those guys are buffed out like Schwarzenegger back in the day or Stallone. Because again, it's not about being buff. It's about having a certain look that's convincing for the role. Sorry, but Brody just doesn't have that.

Casting Brody as Royce in Predators is about as convincing as casting Napoleon Dynamite's Jon Heder, Michael Cera or Christopher Mintz-Plasse aka McLovin as Royce in Predators.

Actually, what killed the movie were the plotholes and an infinite number of "homages." Brody did great.

Yes, but Brody being cast also killed it for a lot of people as well.

^ then those people are silly.

Im sorry, but people need to get over this. Brody looked fine. The reason those people you mentioned wouldnt work is because they all look like they're teenagers still.

But. But...it takes a good actor to get into the role, and make it work. The problem is, no one gives them a chance, and hates them for it. You hated Brody before you saw the movie. So obviously that wasnt going to change.

Never judge an actor until you've seen the movie.

They should of just waited a few yrs and rebooted this franchise. Why they choose adrien brody is beyond me. I was expecting him to pull out the big guns and play his piano.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!! AHAHAA that was so funny. I mean seriously....making a joke about Brody shooting....AND THEN TURNING INTO THE PIANST! THATS A NEW ONE! Bwhahahaha! Wow..you've out done yourself. :lol

Back