PREDATORS Discussion Thread (***Spoilers***)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devil_666

Super Freak
Reaction score
The explanation behind the Alien jungle NOT looking Alien at all in Predators is because (According to Robert Rodriguez) these new Predators took numerous plant life from Earth and populated that Alien planet with it. Apparently the new Predators are also Botanists/gardeners. Who Knew Berserker, Falconer and Flusher had such a sensitive side!?

That's why Topher Grace's character recognizes that poisonous plant. Because it's not an Alien plant, it's from Earth.

:thud:

Last edited:
Yep. That was always in the script. However, I always hated that idea.

So I just assumed he "thought" he knew the plant. Like there is a similer plant on earth, and he just assumed that's what it was.

Or you can also say, the reason the Predators did that was so that the humans can breath in the air. Plants make oxygen....:D

like l said before. they should of mentioned in the film that preds took plants and stuff from earth. l wondered my self and was like. this is stupid, how did he know what plant that was. well they should of mentioned in the movie how he knew. just bad writing.

Last edited:
Or you can also say, the reason the Predators did that was so that the humans can breath in the air. Plants make oxygen....:D

Or you could just say it's lame. :lol

There's human beings who can't sustain plant life right here on Earth. Now imagine trying to sustain Earth plant life on an alien planet i.e. a foreign environment with a completely different ecosystem, different weather, etc. That's why I call those Predators "Intergalactic Gardeners".

And maybe that's why all 3 sucked.

Because instead of honing their hunting skills so they wouldn't end up like P1 being killed by a human (according to RR) they've been terraforming an alien planet and growing jungles that consist of plant life from Earth.

Now take all that knowledge of Botany these Preds must of had in order to achieve that feat in 23 years and then throw out "Oh and they even took poisonous plants for oxygen too!" and you get one lame ass explanation.

Or you could just say it's lame. :lol

There's human beings who can't sustain plant life right here on Earth. Now imagine trying to sustain Earth plant life on an alien planet i.e. a foreign environment with a completely different ecosystem, different weather, etc. That's why I call those Predators "Intergalactic Gardeners".

And maybe that's why all 3 sucked.

Because instead of honing their hunting skills so they wouldn't end up like P1 being killed by a human (according to RR) they've been terraforming an alien planet and growing jungles that consist of plant life from Earth.

Now take all that knowledge of Botany these Preds must of had in order to achieve that feat in 23 years and then throw out "Oh and they even took poisonous plants for oxygen too!" and you get one lame ass explanation.

well I'll sum up something else. from the looks of it this movie it takes place between P1 and P2. with the technology we have it would be difficult to fly to another planet with a bunch of ships, and go in the atmosphere and throw people out, then head back out and come back to earth. so the whole story of dropping people on a planet by who ever is very unlikely story line. :lol

Last edited:
Well I cant "hear" on the internet...now can I? ;)

I dont care if you want to hate the movie...just discuss why insted of being a troll and posting a one sentence thing. That's all I ask.

But there really aint much left to discuss....but whatever. I even agreed with Devil that the planting idea is lame, and I always thought it was. Even while reading the script.

But I loved Edwin's original death so much, it didnt matter to me.

Well I cant "hear" on the internet...now can I? ;)

I dont care if you want to hate the movie...just discuss why insted of being a troll and posting a one sentence thing. That's all I ask.

But there really aint much left to discuss....but whatever. I even agreed with Devil that the planting idea is lame, and I always thought it was. Even while reading the script.

But I loved Edwin's original death so much, it didnt matter to me.

what was his original death?

Izzy scratches him on the cheek with his scapel, which is covered in the neurotoxin...which was deadly. He bleed from every orifice, and died very painfully.

Or the OTHER alternate ending....

Izzy is in fact an Alien, who eats, or rapes Edwin at the end.

Oh yes.....however, the filmmakers were smart enough not to choose this ending. :lol

Back