Predators - 1/6th scale Classic Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure he probably acknowledges that, he's just saying there may have been good reason previously to think this was going to be a super-packed out Predator figure with an extra head. I think there was some website quote saying it was going to full of extras (? maybe I'm wrong) and seeing the figure being displayed with 2 heads....well...personally I didn't go either way, I'm just trying to look at it objectively.

It looks cool but i prefer the look of the the 87´original.

wnbvigja.jpg

wzmacgzh.jpg

These are great pics, bplus73. Could you point us to where they came from and if there are more of any other Hot Toy figures on display at STGCC? Thanks.

They r taken by me when I attended STGCC yesterday. The rest of displayed figures are the same like those in Hk and San Diego show.
I have p1, but I think this classic HS look much better.

I'm sure he probably acknowledges that, he's just saying there may have been good reason previously to think this was going to be a super-packed out Predator figure with an extra head. I think there was some website quote saying it was going to full of extras (? maybe I'm wrong) and seeing the figure being displayed with 2 heads....well...personally I didn't go either way, I'm just trying to look at it objectively.

To be honest I was swaying more to thinking there was going to be two heads.:pow :lol

There will only be one head. Believe what you want.:cuckoo:
Dude, I am completely aware of that.. Like a-dev said.

My point was that there were very, VERY strong reasons to believe we were receiving two heads.

There was a website, that had an article, that said something about a ton of accessories.. (which for a Predator, what we're getting is a ton..).
That's another reason people would have believed we were receiving two heads.

Neca 18"
Original 1987

wzmacgzh.jpg

Hot Toys Classics 2010, from Predators

nlquyb.jpg

predator1.jpg

Some people see the Original Pred in this.
I disagree, classic from Predators have a quite different Charisma and Aura.

Last edited:
Neca 18"
Original 1987

wzmacgzh.jpg

Hot Toys Classics 2010, from Predators

nlquyb.jpg

Some people see the Original Pred in this.
I disagree, classic from Predators have a quite different Charisma and Aura.

People who missed out on the first Predator are still going to buy this as their their Original Predator regardless. As long as they see it, that's all that matters.

That new picture of Classic is beautiful! Still inaccurate, but it's a hell of a great-looking figure. I'm really glad I pre-ordered the Ex. and I can't wait to add it to my collection. Arguably the nicest Predator HT has put out so far -- and this is only the beginning of a new direction for them. Hard not to be excited for the coming years. :rock

Last edited:
This figure looks so awesome.

Might look almost nothing like P1 (not too surprised..), but it does look amazing.

I'd love to get this and just display it with the Bio on, or with no Bio as a completely different Predator..

That would be one way to technically not be "reissuing" the original if there are enough differences that the avid collector would notice. That would still keep the original pred valuable....at least in the long run.

I've thought the face looks off since we first saw it but I also think it looks ___king cool. I mean if we have to have an 'interpretation' instead of a dead-on accurate sculpt this will do the job. I really want to display this face.

Exactly. :goodpost:

I guess I just haven't read all the pages of this thread as of late, but I was quite suprised that when the spec pics first came out, so many people were saying that they were going to treat HT Classic from Predators as P1 from Predator. To me the face looks super cool and I can't wait for the figure. But he just doesn't look like P1 from the Predator movie. And yes, HT P1 doesn't either, so I'm not one of those stubborn folks who defend the HT P1 against all evidence pointing out its inaccuracies.

Honestly, the HT Classic and the Neca 1/4 P1 have verydifferent headsculpts and I believe the "general" consensus is that the Neca headsculpt is very highly regarded in the accuracy department. So that means, the HT Classic is not really that good of a P1...but hey, I guess maybe it is still better than the HT P1.

Loving that photo. Now all we need is someone to do a Photoshop job comparing the P1 and classic with this shot. It looks like the NECA P1 isn't anywhere near as good as some were insisting, including the sculptor. When will we ever get something that looks as good as the original...

That new picture of Classic is beautiful! Still inaccurate, but it's a hell of a great-looking figure.

Might look almost nothing like P1 (not too surprised..), but it does look amazing.

the HT Classic is not really that good of a P1...but hey, I guess maybe it is still better than the HT P1.

Key point here is still it's inaccuracy. Hot Toys clearly tried to sculpt Classic with a P1 face but ultimately still fell short. They had enough time to get it right. Looking to the future based on the Berserker and Classic head sculpts I think it's safe to say we can all expect Hot Toys to continue to give us their artistic versions of how they think a Predator should look.

____ all this P1 vs Classic ____ in the Ass!!! Lets just say that P1 is better in the movie then Classic... IMO... Until we have Classic in hand to compare right next to the old P1 no one should talk at all about the figures because no one has a accurate point of view to base them selfs off of... IMO...

Back