Predators - 1/6th scale Classic Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apart from the squat that no Predator figure has been able to achieve well*, Predator wasn't that dynamic of a poser. For that reason, I'm fine with the articulation available on this figure. It's not ideal, but it still let's the figure strike the poses of the original predator.

* I was able to do it mostly with the Predator 2 figure, but it left him looking skinnier than he already was and wasn't good for the belt.

The articulation on the older preds is what make these toys fun. I know we all collect for different reasons, but whenever I read stuff like, "I'm glad I never got P1" I feel you're missing out on a great toy. The Predators, as fantastic as they look, just kind of stand there. Got this guy on pre-order and will make a great addition, but I kind of know he'll just be standing on my shelf. Man, now I'm even missing the fun of cursing and sore fingers when we had to put these guys together. Well, maybe not that much.

agreed! i'll be gettin Classic, but no way i'm ditching my P1 original. too much fun to pose lol. that's why i never got any of the Super Preds. new body looks nice but i'd miss the old elbow and knee artic.

agreed! i'll be gettin Classic, but no way i'm ditching my P1 original. too much fun to pose lol. that's why i never got any of the Super Preds. new body looks nice but i'd miss the old elbow and knee artic.
IMO, you're missing out :) Stiff as they were in the film, I think their articulation is satisfactory:

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

IMO, you're missing out :) Stiff as they were in the film, I think their articulation is satisfactory:

web.jpg

Looks like a retard trying to hump a doorknob.

The articulation is OK on the super preds. Nowhere near as good as the older bodies. Imo the bicept swivel is a better joint than the ball jointed elbow, and would make poses like this and the first picture much better looking. If only they could give us the swivel and realistic looking elbow. The thing I hated losing on the super preds the most was the abb crunch, but since HT made the waist sort of a ball-joint swivel it's not so bad. I hope the return of ankle articulation on Shadow and Classic, will make up for the limited knee joint.

As for the crouched pose...I've been able to pull it off with Guardian, P1,and p2. Oh and Predator not a dynamic poser? What movies have you been watching? Every Predator I can think of has been very dynamic and animated throughout the franchise. They are always running, jumping and making dynamic poses. I can't think of a movie besides AVP that a Predator hasn't perched up somewhere high and let out a roar. Specifically, those are always very animated gestures from them, and it all started with Jungle hunter.

Last edited:
Super Pred articulation > classic

Actually not as much, the netting on the shadow is so tight that i can only turn him so much.My elder can twist very cool looking but i was messing with the shadow and half a twist if that and i am assume the same with the classic.The super predators get more due to the netting

Actually not as much, the netting on the shadow is so tight that i can only turn him so much.My elder can twist very cool looking but i was messing with the shadow and half a twist if that and i am assume the same with the classic.The super predators get more due to the netting

Can you tell me if Shadow has the ball-jointed waist like the Super preds....or is it just a swivel now? I'm assuming the way you've said it's possible to only turn him so much you mean at the waist...

Which means I'm probably in for some bad news. With Cap, Superman, and Classic coming up I had to decide to skip Shadow for now...so I've only been able to really theorize about the articulation of the new body.

I may have to drop Shadow from my order list aswell. Why him? Well he's never really excited me plus I've already missed the P2 Elder so I think I can just about handle not having him either. I can't seem him jumping to Elder prices so I should be able to get him in the future once the old financial situation improves.

Like the way h has turned out Even though I have a jungle predator this will still stand proud in my case, I just don't know who to stand him with. Maybe Royce and Wolf.

I just hope we see the exclusive super predator skull cheap soon. really, really want this as I'm collecting skulls to add to the bases of all my predators.

Looks like a retard trying to hump a doorknob.
Um....ok. :dunno

Every Predator I can think of has been very dynamic and animated throughout the franchise. They are always running, jumping and making dynamic poses. I can't think of a movie besides AVP that a Predator hasn't perched up somewhere high and let out a roar. Specifically, those are always very animated gestures from them, and it all started with Jungle hunter.
Apart from the crouch I already mentioned, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a pose Kevin Peter Hall struck in the original costume that this Classic Predator figure can't come close to matching.

Can you tell me if Shadow has the ball-jointed waist like the Super preds....or is it just a swivel now? I'm assuming the way you've said it's possible to only turn him so much you mean at the waist...

Which means I'm probably in for some bad news. With Cap, Superman, and Classic coming up I had to decide to skip Shadow for now...so I've only been able to really theorize about the articulation of the new body.

Its a ball joint at the waist but pointless the netting doesn't allow to much, I am not complaining though.I love my figures and like the fact there all different.I do want a crouching City hunter to hang on the edge of my shelf though.I think ( to answer your question ) will be okay with the others , its the netting that is stopping the motion that the supers preds have.

I'm fine with less articulation, besides, I would put the Preds squatting or anything like that just to show how big and menacing they are supposed to be.

For the wires on the helmet, I might make some holes on the mask and put the spare springs I have from the Wolf. Or, i might try and make it like it was on P1. But that's very unlikely.

Might have to cancel this Classic Predator for that super awesome SAMURAI PREDATOR that everyone is going nuts about! :panic: :banana :banana

ok so those who preordered it from SSC...

do you know when it's supposed to arrive in the US? (specifically?)
do you think it will most likely be next month/year before SSC gets it?

Naw man get the Crusader Predator!! :lol

Haha, I'll pass...I have to pick and choose what I get. I actually sold my huge collection over a year ago (started with all the original HT ALIENS and AvP stuff) but I get some pieces here and there.

Definitely getting the Classic Predator and I'm on the fence about the Samurai. I do like the artistic interpretation.

Haha, I'll pass...I have to pick and choose what I get. I actually sold my huge collection over a year ago (started with all the original HT ALIENS and AvP stuff) but I get some pieces here and there.

Definitely getting the Classic Predator and I'm on the fence about the Samurai. I do like the artistic interpretation.

Not to worry, you're not actually passing on anything because Crusader Predator isn't real!

ok so those who preordered it from SSC...

do you know when it's supposed to arrive in the US? (specifically?)
do you think it will most likely be next month/year before SSC gets it?

they are supposed to start charging your credit card around the 17th or so.

Back