PREDATORS – Mr. Black Mask Life-Size Prop Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Firstly, i was thinking i was getting 222 / 750. Turns out i got 241 / 750. I liked the idea of 222 but having this one in hand i don't mind as it doesn't have any defects and 222 might of.

spa4615.jpg

spa4616.jpg

spa4618.jpg

spa4620.jpg

spa4621.jpg

spa4623.jpg

spa4619.jpg

spa4624.jpg

spa4625.jpg

So, im happy with this piece. It looks really nice and im pleased with the jaw bone as im convinced it looks good enough. I was worried by some pictures that it looked bad but its decent. When i was taking it out of the box my mam came over and was like :eek: its damaged!! So i guess the battle damage is convincing enough to the naive eye! The LED is blinding too.

I bought an undermask raw and some dreads raw from ebay uk and the beads were from froggy (hunters lair). It was originally for my P1 display i had but i sold the bio and now use the wolf. The beads are wrong but i dont mind too much i plan on getting a p1 bio again in the future and ill put taht back on the head i have now and ill make a new head with correct beads for wolf.

But new priority is to make a head display for Mr Black... and i was test running it on my current head so i thought id take some pics.

spa4647.jpg

spa4649.jpg

spa4651.jpg

Obviously its a classic head so its not accurate but the best i can do unless somebody releases a super pred undermask is paint the head and dreads correctly and get close enough looking beads.

And im sure ive read comments in here saying the Bio is quite light. Mine is heavier than my Wolf bio

spa4646.jpg

I wish they never put the jaw bone on the mask. It would look so much better. I might have bought it then.

been away for awhilke, when did these start shipping from SS. has anybody converted on waitlist? do i have a chance on this

Woo, partially done. Need proper dread rings though. And repaint the undermask (its a green head when you look from the side!)

spa4702.jpg

And a picture with all my Pride and joy (Bar the HT Hudson figure which i havent got in the post yet :() and my for sale Sideshow Wolf bio!

spa4706.jpg

I dont think i will bother with an accurate neck piece the main attraction is the mask and the dreads.

Last edited:
Thinking about breaking my golden rule of going outside Hot Toys and Masters of the Universe classics to get this thing.

I am still reading the entire thread but as if anybody wants to give me a summery of the over all reviews, that would be great.
From what I understand, the last few bios from SS were not the best. Is this a step up? Is that 'wave' the only real issue?

Thinking about breaking my golden rule of going outside Hot Toys and Masters of the Universe classics to get this thing.

I am still reading the entire thread but as if anybody wants to give me a summery of the over all reviews, that would be great.
From what I understand, the last few bios from SS were not the best. Is this a step up? Is that 'wave' the only real issue?
It seems like all of them have that, but honestly, it isn't very noticeable.
The wave seems to be the biggest problem with the majority of them. Mine (and one other person's) came with a crooked stand, so when you mount it on the wall the Bio is crooked. It is definitely a step up from the AvP trio though.

@Goose It IS slightly different. The cheeks are stretched out more, and the whole mask is more straight, like.. The top part is more tilted forward than the original. There are probably some other differences, but those are the ones that stuck out to me the most.

Woo, partially done. Need proper dread rings though. And repaint the undermask (its a green head when you look from the side!)

spa4702.jpg

That looks great.. so you are just using the original wall mount the Bio came with? could you PM the apx. cost to get the faceless mask and dreads? :wave

It seems like all of them have that, but honestly, it isn't very noticeable.
The wave seems to be the biggest problem with the majority of them. Mine (and one other person's) came with a crooked stand, so when you mount it on the wall the Bio is crooked. It is definitely a step up from the AvP trio though.

Thanks dude.

I see that the Falconer one is getting better reviews. Which puts a bit of a spanner in my decision making!

Back