Predator Cinemaquette is here!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel for you guys,hope it gets sorted sooner rather than later.

I was going to order this from play but not a chance now,ive never ordered from FP,are they trust worthy?

Well I ordered mine from FP of the .co.uk and they kept me informed and even checked to make sure I still wanted it...I got notification that it was on shipping to the UK and then within 2-3 weeks it arrived on my doorstop in perfect condition so a pretty faultless experience.

Sorry to hear about your situation Raider, I'm so glad I went with FP now. I hope it gets sorted on Monday as its a great item.

Well I ordered mine from FP of the .co.uk and they kept me informed and even checked to make sure I still wanted it...I got notification that it was on shipping to the UK and then within 2-3 weeks it arrived on my doorstop in perfect condition so a pretty faultless experience.

Sorry to hear about your situation Raider, I'm so glad I went with FP now. I hope it gets sorted on Monday as its a great item.

thanks tigerfeet, im ringing them again tommrow to chat with plays managers to get it sorted as i just missed them today ( the numptys you first talk to dont have a clue so i refuse to talk with them now ), if they carnt sort it by sunday, i will get a refund and just order with my only other choice fp.co.uk

what anoys me is that i did have this order with FP.co.uk but they scr ewed me on a order so i cancled every thing with them

I WILL HAVE THIS PREDATOR IN MY COLLECTION ! ! ! ! lol :D

Just spoken to Darren at Play.He put me on hold a few times but says it should be delivered by Monday or Tuesday.I reckon they may well have these but they just havent been dropped off to the couriers for some reason.Going to give them the benefit of the doubt until Tuesday for the tracking to work or the item to arrive.I just tallyed uo and have spent of £8k:google with Play and this is the first bad experience yet due to the price of this I am thinking of dropping PLay as a supplier.

Just spoken to Darren at Play.He put me on hold a few times but says it should be delivered by Monday or Tuesday.I reckon they may well have these but they just havent been dropped off to the couriers for some reason.Going to give them the benefit of the doubt until Tuesday for the tracking to work or the item to arrive.I just tallyed uo and have spent of £8k:google with Play and this is the first bad experience yet due to the price of this I am thinking of dropping PLay as a supplier.

hmmmmmm. i tryed the main managers again today but they not there till monday, and the idiot i first talked to was clueless, so looks like its gonna have to wait till monday to get resolved.

As far as my order stands ive "Returned the item to them" and i asked my bank no refund has been sent, so there sitting on my money and doing nothing about it :google , im gonna refuse to get off the phone tommrow till this is resolved, not gonna accept any bul ls hit answers any more

as i said before i have 2k on pre order with them and im so close to cancleing it ALL , will see what monday brings!!

Brettb keep me updated on what happens monday

PS: if this place was just down the road id be bloody tempted to go down there and grip the managers around the neck

This piece looks amazing. I just picked up the SS Predator EX which is very large and this puppy is even bigger. I'd have to do a custom display just for this piece if I ever get it.

I am sorry to hear what is happening raider and brettb. It is absolutely shocking. :horror. This is why I still stick with my seller in the u.s.a, even if the rate is bad. You cant put a price on peace of mind or customer service

Raider - I am sorry to read about the problems you have encountered ordering this piece through Play.com.

However, I have noted some of your comments towards Forbidden Planet International which I feel compelled to address.

For the record, I have been buying Cinemaquettes from Forbidden Planet International, without incident, for two and a half years. In total, I have purchased eight CM's from them. I have never once been let down by the company, or experienced anything like the hassle you have with Play. The Customer Service team are incredibly helpful, and always answer emails to me. They also fully appreciate the cost of these items. Every time I have been told something will be delivered, it gets delivered, before 10AM on the day of delivery by TNT - NOT ParcelFarce. The irony here is that, had you placed an order with Forbidden Planet International for this piece, as I did, you would have received it over three weeks ago.

Forbidden Planet International are the ONLY authorised dealer for Cinemaquettes in the UK, and thankfully, have an exclusive on the Godfather - which means no one will get let down by Play again, since they won't be able to supply it.

As I said, I am very sorry that you have been let down. The only thing I can suggest is that you now cancel your order with the total bozos at Play and place your order with a company that will give a ^^^^^ that your £1000 package has gone AWOL.

Raider - I am sorry to read about the problems you have encountered ordering this piece through Play.com.

However, I have noted some of your comments towards Forbidden Planet International which I feel compelled to address.

For the record, I have been buying Cinemaquettes from Forbidden Planet International, without incident, for two and a half years. In total, I have purchased eight CM's from them. I have never once been let down by the company, or experienced anything like the hassle you have with Play. The Customer Service team are incredibly helpful, and always answer emails to me. They also fully appreciate the cost of these items. Every time I have been told something will be delivered, it gets delivered, before 10AM on the day of delivery by TNT - NOT ParcelFarce. The irony here is that, had you placed an order with Forbidden Planet International for this piece, as I did, you would have received it over three weeks ago.

Forbidden Planet International are the ONLY authorised dealer for Cinemaquettes in the UK, and thankfully, have an exclusive on the Godfather - which means no one will get let down by Play again, since they won't be able to supply it.

As I said, I am very sorry that you have been let down. The only thing I can suggest is that you now cancel your order with the total bozos at Play and place your order with a company that will give a ^^^^^ that your £1000 package has gone AWOL.

Welcome to the forum! :rock

You wouldn't happen to have any in hand pictures of your Aragorn Cinemaquette would you? I have been delving around for ages trying to find some!

Welcome to the forum! :rock

You wouldn't happen to have any in hand pictures of your Aragorn Cinemaquette would you? I have been delving around for ages trying to find some!

Thanks for the welcome.

You are in luck. My Aragorn review just went live this week at https://chocolatebydeath.com/?page_id=188

You will find it under Cinemaquette reviews. There are over twenty odd in-hand images there.

Another member in the forums over there also got an Aragorn this week. His images are here: https://www.chocolatebydeath.com/forum/topic.php?id=43&page=10

Enjoy the review.

Thanks for the welcome.

You are in luck. My Aragorn review just went live this week at https://chocolatebydeath.com/?page_id=188

You will find it under Cinemaquette reviews. There are over twenty odd in-hand images there.

Another member in the forums over there also got an Aragorn this week. His images are here: https://www.chocolatebydeath.com/forum/topic.php?id=43&page=10

Enjoy the review.

Thank you soooooo much that was a really good review! now I am really struggling whether to get this piece or not...I collect only LOTR and not CM's...would you personally recommend it?...I won't hold you to anything either way! :rotfl

Thank you soooooo much that was a really good review! now I am really struggling whether to get this piece or not...I collect only LOTR and not CM's...would you personally recommend it?...I won't hold you to anything either way! :rotfl

Thanks for the feedback.

I was unsure about this piece, but I bought it when two people who had seen it recommended it to me.

I love it. It is a cracking statue, and as the review says, the quality, and finish is sublime. People have complained about the likeness, but you really have to see it in person to appreciate it.

As for buying it, I suppose it really depends on what else you have in your collection, and how you are intending to display him. If it enhances what you already have, then go for it. It would certainly make a nice centrepiece if you have other Aragorn related items. Remember that it is 1:3 scale, so it will have a little more physical presence than a PF.

Last time I checked, Forbidden Planet International had this listed at £499.

Thanks for the feedback.

I was unsure about this piece, but I bought it when two people who had seen it recommended it to me.

I love it. It is a cracking statue, and as the review says, the quality, and finish is sublime. People have complained about the likeness, but you really have to see it in person to appreciate it.

As for buying it, I suppose it really depends on what else you have in your collection, and how you are intending to display him. If it enhances what you already have, then go for it. It would certainly make a nice centrepiece if you have other Aragorn related items. Remember that it is 1:3 scale, so it will have a little more physical presence than a PF.

Last time I checked, Forbidden Planet International had this listed at £499.

Yeah, it was this price that got me interested in it. I own most of the Weta line and alot of the UC swords...including the Ltd Ed Anduril which was what I was considering displaying this with...

...thanks for the advice, this is gonna require some more mulling over me thinks! :duff

Back