Predator Cinemaquette is here!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rang again, manager i need to talk to does not start till 11am ! ! ! !! ! !! hes like the BLOODY Shadow , AFTER THIS IS RESOLVED PLAY CAN JUST GO F UCK THEM SELFS

This whole thing with Play UK is really bad; there's no way they should treat their customers like this. It's making me think twice about the pre-orders I have with them.

The trouble is, there's a serious lack of competition in the UK, and if you don't get your stuff from Play or FP (.com or co.uk), then you have few options left other than to go to the US or Europe...:(

i Just been on the phone AGAIN to them because suprise suprise he did not ring me back, he WONT EVEN speak to me as he has " a list of calls he needs to make and i can expect a phone call before 6pm tonight" ! ! ! ! !! ! ! !

when i get this bas tard on the phone im gonna rip him apart

right managed to get hold of this manager, and hes now waiting on the warehouse manager to check the stock or find the stock and get back to him, he belives these possibaly are still sat on a pallet somewhere in the wearhouse, he said he is gonna ring me when the other manager speaks to him.

so basicaly they dont have a clue, he did say he would ring me back today with his findings.... so we shall see

Fobbed off again gonna have to give this the 5 working days for delivery!Roll on Thursday.

you honestly gonna wait till Thursday? demand to speak to a manager mate, there takeing the pis s and only way to resolve it is to hassle them, i now wont even speak to the first people you speak to at play just demand the manager on the line and tell them they cannot help your situation so theres no point telling them

im quite a carm person on the phone but they have realy pushed my limits, i have made like 10 phone calls to play now over this

if he gives me the i need to wait 5 working days rubbish he will be sorry

Last edited:
This whole thing with Play UK is really bad; there's no way they should treat their customers like this. It's making me think twice about the pre-orders I have with them.

The trouble is, there's a serious lack of competition in the UK, and if you don't get your stuff from Play or FP (.com or co.uk), then you have few options left other than to go to the US or Europe...:(

yep they have you over the barrel taking you sideways, you have very limited options who to buy from in the UK

That is really shocking like :horror

lol i was shocked that he was unwilling to speak to me too, Its realy is Pi ss poor service. depending on what happens today, i will decide if i order from them again, as this is a constant problem with play and orders not showing up

I reckon they are in the warehouse someware the staff are in to deal with this now.Just wondering how you can lose a pallette of these things they must be huge boxes.

Raider, what do you think is going to happen? I was going to ring up but I'm guessing that I am going to get the same response as you. This is the first time I have ordered a high-value item from them so I am shocked at the evidently poor way in which they have handled this whole fiasco.

I reckon they are in the warehouse someware the staff are in to deal with this now.Just wondering how you can lose a pallette of these things they must be huge boxes.

i belive they dont have them or they are lost in the ware house, my Alien CM was in a massive box and this predator is even bigger, So you will only get around 2-3 boxes on a pallet, Now with the amout of orders that are lost your easily talking 2-3 pallets, so if they carnt find them today, then they never recived them

Raider, what do you think is going to happen? I was going to ring up but I'm guessing that I am going to get the same response as you. This is the first time I have ordered a high-value item from them so I am shocked at the evidently poor way in which they have handled this whole fiasco.

well im waiting for the managers to talk to each other and ring me back as to the location of the boxes, i will let you know when i find out something

hes got 1 more hour then im gonna ring him and he best have an answer.

play.com are realy good for instock items, but for pre orders im reliseing they are sh it

Thanks for the updates Raider!
Did you get the managers name as once you have a reponse I will call him,The more hassle the more he is going to want this sorted!

I rang Parcel Force a minute ago to get their perspective. The lady said that my parcel was booked for collection on the 28th January to be collected by Parcel Force on 29th January. She said that it was not collected which means that the delivery driver did not turn up (unlikely) or he turned up but the parcel wasn't there to be collected (most likely). When I rang Play the other day, the manager that I spoke to said that the tracking number that I have is only generated when the goods are physically handed over to Parcel Force. This is a lie. He also said that my parcel had definitely been collected on 29th. Another lie.
I am now currently on the phone to Play. As soon as I mentioned the item, the lady (Gemma) said, and I quote, 'Oh yes. There is a problem with that item!' 16 minutes later and I am still waiting to be put through to Jonathan, the manager who is apparently dealing with issues relating to this particular item.

Thanks for the updates Raider!
Did you get the managers name as once you have a reponse I will call him,The more hassle the more he is going to want this sorted!

the manager dealing with it is

Johnny McFarland

im giveing him till 4pm then im ringing again

Just spoken with Jonathan McFarland. He says that he is waiting to hear back from a colleague who is checking in the warehouse and running off a few reports (whatever that means). He said that he is aware of a forum (of disgruntled customers) and has a list of people who he will contact when he knows anything. He is working until 8pm so it will be before then.
This is clearly a known problem amongst all staff at Play so don't take any prisoners.

Back