Predator 2: Shadow Predator (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. Looks pretty cool, but no mask is a bummer. I wonder if they're gonna start re-releasing various older Preds now that they've developed the newer body for them. . .the AvP Predators could definitely use upgrades for those hideous head sculpts alone.

How long we gonna have to wait? I can't answer that, but if you want me to take a wild guess, I'd say after all the toyfairs are done.

Here's the schedules:

San Diego Comic-Con (SDCC) (July 21-24) https://www.comic-con.org/cci/

- Ani-Com & Games Hong Kong (ACG HK) (July 29-Aug 2) https://www.ani-com.hk/2011ver/index.php

- Singapore Toy, Game & Comic Convention (STGCC) (Aug 20-21) https://www.singaporetgcc.com/

- Ani-Com & Games Guangzhou (ACG GZ) (Oct 1-5) https://www.acg-vclexpo.com/

- Tokyo Event (2011)

- Taiwan Event (2011)

Tokyo and Taiwan are still TBD.

i can't enough of 1/6 predators, so i'll be getting this. it's time to storm the sideshow offices.

I don't mind waiting at all. I actually prefer it with all of the releases I have to keep up with. Perhaps I'll just be patient. It seems that waiting will work out for me pretty well with Demon Batman/Scarecrow.

Interesting. Looks pretty cool, but no mask is a bummer. I wonder if they're gonna start re-releasing various older Preds now that they've developed the newer body for them. . .the AvP Predators could definitely use upgrades for those hideous head sculpts alone.

I wouldn't mind upgrades and I have a few of the AVP Predators as well. One of them used to be yours actually. Prepare yourself for a lot of complaining and whining if they do something like that though.

I wouldn't mind upgrades and I have a few of the AVP Predators as well. One of them used to be yours actually. Prepare yourself for a lot of complaining and whining if they do something like that though.

I'm pretty sure eventually they will do it. There's still room for improvements.
Sure at first you'd hear lots of complaining but in the end many will be gratefull for the wonderful figures HT give us.

That...is possibly their best Predator to date. And while I have no interest in the figure, it has me very excited for classic predator and hopeful that they'll redo predator 2 from this body.

AWESOME! The paint apps alone sold me on this figure. Very interesting face. Still would like a bio and some ab articulation. Hope we get Hippie somewhere down the line....

now we wait until we figure out how exactly to obtain this poodle pred. The fur looks distracting but I don't discriminate against predators and their taste.

might add him to my collection at retail price but i'm not going to pay crazy ebay prices for these chiwawa predator :rotfl

Why is there some confusion about how to get this guy?

It's probably just like the Gun Metal Iron Man. Why would it be anything esle with all the same sort of copy on the advert?! :dunno

I'm expecting this will be on evilbay for 400 or so right off the bat (assuming SS really does not intend to carry them for US collectors)

that kind of sucks...400 seems overpriced for this guy

hm...I never got caught up with the historical events, but remember people explaining that Guardian was a toy fair exclusive, but not an "asian toy fair exclusive". But then again, I haven't done my research....hopefully SS carries this figure.

edit: ok HT Facebook only says:

Hot Toys Founder & CEO Mr Howard Chan was also presented at the Press Conference and gave a speech on Hot Toys largest-scale event ever at Ani-Com this year, unveiling the three Toy Fair Exclusive Items: the Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark IV Limited Edition Collectible Figurine (Secret Project), and collectible figures from the Batman Begins and Predator 2 movie, all of which will also be available in toy fairs in Singapore, Taiwan and mainland China ("will also", not "only"). And the Mark IV Limited Edition Collectible Figurine (Secret Project) will be firstly available at San Diego Comic Con next month. ("firstly available at SDCC" because SDCC is first and the IM figures are ready")

so I guess I'm not to sure...will defer this to other boardies with more knowledge of how HT/SS/Toy Fairs work...

hm...I never got caught up with the historical events, but remember people explaining that Guardian was a toy fair exclusive, but not an "asian toy fair exclusive". But then again, I haven't done my research....hopefully SS carries this figure.

Well I have just told you!
I got Guardian last year and Iron Man this year from Sideshow as part of the Sideshow Non Attendee deal.

Is this difficult to believe or something? :lol

I only have Predators from the newest movie Predators. But, this guy looks pretty cool. This may be my springboard into more Predators! It's like :yess: and :( all at the same time!

Well I have just told you!
I got Guardian last year and Iron Man this year from Sideshow as part of the Sideshow Non Attendee deal.

Is this difficult to believe or something? :lol

No its not difficult to believe, the difference is the "asian toy fair exclusive" versus the standard "toy fair exclusive". For some reason, I was mislead that Shadow was like Ani-con Scar which was a "HK Toy Fair Exclusive" or "Asian Toy Fair Exclusive". I know Guardian was pre-orderable on SS last year, but it was from the start. Anywho...glad that SS will carry it then....

Why would Sideshow carry Iron Man and Guardian last year and not this?

even with import tax im hoping they do as i wont pay a flipping flipper and ebay,unless its a fair price?yeah right:gah: ss will stock these the same as they did with guardian,secret project but how many is the key factor i feel:dunno,but with every man and his dog hoping for ss it will be one huge internet cccrrraaassshhh:rotfl

It doesn't say 'Asian" on the poster. It has the exact same info as all the others.

If it were an Asia specific exclusive, it would say so.

It doesn't say 'Asian" on the poster. It has the exact same info as all the others.

If it were an Asia specific exclusive, it would say so.

yah, agreed. Like I said, was mistaken because people were comparing it to Ani-con Scar. :duff

Back