Predator 2: Shadow Predator (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aye, the more space between releases the better.

But of course, looking at all the dope stuff in San Diego, things are gonna get a bit scary I think.

Not sure if this was mentioned but the price has been confirmed. $225

sdcc2011_sideshow_hottoys_18.jpg

He looks great there. $225 though!:horror

defn looks better than Classic, but if this is $225, then Classic will prolly be like $250 easily.

He won't be out till Q4? Kind of a relief for the time being actually.
most of the other cooler stuff coming out is Q4 too. and this will still be $225+shipping you'll have to pay up when you could be getting cooler stuff instead. the new Classic is probably gonna cost even more. let this one go.

did they say whether this was gonna be a regular release or not yet? It would be nice to get a discount somewhere else.

He looks great there. $225 though!:horror

One thing that is bugging me looking at this is his calf armor goes too high up his calves. I wish HT would go all out and do these guys accurate all the way. Still way better than the old P2 stuff but still the money you pay fans should get accurate stuff. The paint sure looks great.

Technically no... because if they were sculpted, you'd have a perfect excuse to dremel the forearms as much as you want to make the gauntlets fit even more perfectly. I'd worry more about the head repainting. That and perhaps some new dreads.

That's exactly what I do'nt want to do bro!
:rotfl

And about the head repainting.. well, the original P2 is'nt perfect , and very far from be accurate, however I prefer the shadow pred painting, (IMO looks more accurate.. but not perfect either ), neverthless I would have to do something with the short dreads :monkey1

did they say whether this was gonna be a regular release or not yet? It would be nice to get a discount somewhere else.
nope. all they've said so far is they won't sell it at sdcc. that's really the only remotely helpful info we have so far. it's probably safe to just assume it will still be a limited/exclusive release.

or, you know, buy something else. it's probably best to skip this one.
One thing that is bugging me looking at this is his calf armor goes too high up his calves. I wish HT would go all out and do these guys accurate all the way. Still way better than the old P2 stuff but still the money you pay fans should get accurate stuff. The paint sure looks great.
they won't because they don't have to. collectors will buy these no matter what. can you think of any other company making 1:6 scale high-end predator figures? i can't.

I think the original P2 calves-armor are too short, and the shadow pred ones look more accurate in lenght.. but the problem are the knee pads, because goes too down in the figure:

predatorposter.jpg

I think if Snake was the only Predator released now then I would have bought him. But he wasn't and I think I will choose a semi main character Predator over this guy.

most of the other cooler stuff coming out is Q4 too. and this will still be $225+shipping you'll have to pay up when you could be getting cooler stuff instead. the new Classic is probably gonna cost even more. let this one go.

:rotfl You're running this campaign of yours tirelessly! :clap

Back