Predator 2: Shadow Predator (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man, ____ this figure. there's so much stuff coming out this year as it is and the Classic blows this away. this one doesn't even have a shoulder cannon or a bio mask, or wristblades, or anything cool. even the skull accessory isn't as cool as the big t-rex skull on the Classic diorama base. i bet they'll even be the same price. ____ this figure and everything about it.

right, guys?

Hmmm... so you mean most likely HT is going to redo all the preds (Elder, P2, Guardian, Lost) from P2 again?

:dunno I'm sure they get enough mail asking them to re-hash all the oldies on the newer body, so at a business stand-point, they'd be fools not to. A lot of the old ones sold cheap at retail, so for them to rehash them and sale them at over $200 a pop, yeah they'd be idiots to not give it a go. IMO

man, ____ this figure. there's so much stuff coming out this year as it is and the Classic blows this away. this one doesn't even have a shoulder cannon or a bio mask, or wristblades, or anything cool. even the skull accessory isn't as cool as the big t-rex skull on the Classic diorama base. i bet they'll even be the same price. ____ this figure and everything about it.

right, guys?

:hi5: hells to the yeah!!!

Somebody already tried putting the P2 armor on one of the new Pred bodies, and they said it didn't fit. So, for HT to re-do P2 they'd have to re-do his armor (they had to do new calf armor for Shadow). But hey, Classic is like a re-hash of P1, so I think they have every reason to re-do a P2 now :clap

The new body for classic predator and the shadow pred (upper body) has been resculpted and is different and less bulky (not like berserker and company)

I have the original predator 2 in my hands right now.. and looking the shadow pred pictures, I can see that the upper-chest body has barely the same shape and size..than the shadow pred

The original chest armor has cords on both sides in order to adjust the piece if you want

The crotch armor would need some surgery to adjust it.. but does'nt look very difficult.. or keeping the shadow crotch armor would be the best option adding the original pouches and front loincloth later

The knees and calves armor are even more accurate than the old ones..so I would keep them aswell

mnnn ....interesting :rolleyes2

Edit: Not sure if the shadow predator gauntlets are sculpted or not..and this would be the BIGGEST PROBLEM :(

Last edited:

right, guys?
The skull is so ____ing horrible. It's no where near my favorite.. I'd never get my least favorite skull, that horrible, crappy skull that comes with this crappy figure. Such a bad skull that I lo...hate so ____ing much..

Gosh I ____ing hate that lovely skull.

:(

From SDCC

Not much but...

(Insert kickass pictures of a figure I'm still totally pumped for here)

It'll do, VALV. It'll do just fine. Thanks for the pics. :1-1:

Love that face, but man this thing lost way much appeal for me with finally seeing the Classic. Ironic that the dumbest Pred in Predators looks like it's going to be the coolest HT fig.

Pishawwww.

Not sure if the shadow predator gauntlets are sculpted or not..and this would be the BIGGEST PROBLEM :(

Technically no... because if they were sculpted, you'd have a perfect excuse to dremel the forearms as much as you want to make the gauntlets fit even more perfectly. I'd worry more about the head repainting. That and perhaps some new dreads.

Not sure if this was mentioned but the price has been confirmed. $225

sdcc2011_sideshow_hottoys_18.jpg

haHA! it goes up every time! we should boycott this figure so HT won't try to rob us and make Classic $300.

$225? Really? Is the price going to go up with every single new figure now?

.... shut up, prefused. I'm still getting it. :)

This figure is just begging for there to be a re-do of the Predator 2 figure. They're more than halfway there with this release, so one can hope!

The price really is going up with every single figure. Dayum. I'll still buy though. That latest pic with the closed mandibles looks excellent.

is it just me, or have they been reusing those exact same bandoleer skulls since the AVP figures?

Price is being shared between Hot Toys and Sideshow.... Since Hot Toys uses Sideshow for their licenses, Sideshow probably adds money to price to make ching ching....

it's supposed to be an exclusive so maybe that's why the price is a little higher...

That price is ridiculous!! That's how much Tracker costs, and he comes with the freaking dog!! There is absolutely nothing to justify that high a price.

Well, unless that fur is real Mink, or something :dunno

Back