Predator 2: Shadow Predator (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSC_3077_zpsb39bf26b.jpg

DSC_3072_zps854d4e69.jpg

[ame="https://youtu.be/cOVAaniKxP8"]https://youtu.be/cOVAaniKxP8[/ame]

daa fuuur....:monkey1

cheers.

i'll play with him more later...

this will be my deciding factor for the city hunter or take a break from this line. :/

Check out taylerdurdem's masks, he did 2 very cool bios for Shadow:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99339

I have one of those, still have to take pics though, I painted it in bronze color. taylerdurdem paint's them only in silver, but he also sells them unpainted.

You have to heat up the mask to better fit the head. I still have to improve that on mine...

BTW: I've tried other predators masks on Shadow but they didn't fit well.

just a matter of personal preference - i don't mind the mask being a different color at all - gort kind of set a precedent that chopper later followed of not having a mask that matches the armor. i think it adds to the character and kind of hints at a backstory you'll never know - just like all the trophies on the jungle hunter or the city hunter's patina covered, scarred armor hint at a history.

just like all the trophies on the jungle hunter

LOL One thing that always cracked me up about the predators were the tiny little animal skulls they have necklaces of.

"Look at all these mighty muskrats and chipmunks I have slain. Whoever has the greatest trophies, commands the most respect!"

"Oh that, thats a chicken bone from a KFC 10 piece meal."

just like all the trophies on the jungle hunter

LOL One thing that always cracked me up about the predators were the tiny little animal skulls they have necklaces of.

"Look at all these mighty muskrats and chipmunks I have slain. Whoever has the greatest trophies, commands the most respect!"

"Oh that, thats a chicken bone from a KFC 10 piece meal."

Haha...I've always thought this same thing. Thought I was the only one.

Just got mine today. Oh man I LOVE,LOVE this pred. He may not have any flashy LEDs or a mask but his simplicity is a good thing to me and his detail is unsurpassed. By far my favorite. Sometimes less is more.

040_zpsac17a8e3.jpg

Just got mine today. Oh man I LOVE,LOVE this pred. He may not have any flashy LEDs or a mask but his simplicity is a good thing to me and his detail is unsurpassed. By far my favorite. Sometimes less is more.

040_zpsac17a8e3.jpg

This was my 1st HT and 1st SSC. I like him, and I have to say Gun and Mask is the only bad thing I can say about it. I'm not going to buy another one, I should but won't. Ok, I have been eying the samurai one. Anyone have the samurai? If you have a link post it or PM me. I may give in to the Darkside again

:nono you guys are ruining one of the best predator facial sculpts with those masks.

Exactly! Also displaying shadow with the machete is not film accurate. You see him holding only the non-extendet spear with his left hand at the end of Predator 2. It's a little sad that Hot Toys hasn't made a left hand that is holding the spear for this guy. Anyway, Shadow is a great figure and I'm really loving him! Now, everything that I need is a HT Hippie Predator and a remade HT Elder from Predator 2.

:nono you guys are ruining one of the best predator facial sculpts with those masks.

Yes I agree 100% with you it is just that I like to display the Shadow with a Bio-Mask off and on just to have something different to look at. Other than the new Classic Predator the Shadow is my favorite Predator...I like him even more than the Samurai which for some reason is my least favorite Predator so far.

Again Hot Toys got the head and face sculpt dead on with the Shadow Predator but like I mentioned...having a nice custom bio-mask displayed on him looks bad-ass as well. :cool:

I display all my Preds with there masks so its nice to have a Pred without one. I did want a mask at 1st but once I had him displayed I preferred him that way. Great figure too

radically shortened the guy's neck (leaving it fully functional of course and actually more movable)

001_zpsc6bd0846.jpg

gave him a new piece of shoulder fur - natural fur, holding on the body by "leather" stripes (plastic from wolf), de-attachable, able to move into any position to fit the movie better.

003_zps37c8c1e6.jpg

002_zpsceed215e.jpg

004_zpsaecd1102.jpg

he looks powerful now, seems to be the strongest (and fattest) even without any armor on him. that was my intention as he looked so poor & sad with that lack of accessories.

of course moved his low teeth together to fit the Winston preds instead of Tsang preds, but they take their original X shape after a while. must search for another method.

Last edited:
Lol, what'd ya do P....scalp a cat? Looks good though.

Also....i'm guessing english isn't your first language, by the way you keep using "de-attachable"....it's just "detachable" pal.

One word, no hyphen...and the "A" is removed.

Anyways, I was glad to see this thread ressurected. I'm stopping by my local shop today to see if my guy has City Hunter in-stock, but if he doesn't I'll probably pick this guy up as a consolation price, given that the price is still right. I've been meaning to get him, but with other figures, I just never ended up getting him.

Last edited:
Also....i'm guessing english isn't your first language, by the way you keep using "de-attachable"....it's just "detachable" pal.
yep. no practice except here & movies. thanks.
Lol, what'd ya do P....scalp a cat? Looks good though.
:D
he's a cold-blooded murderer of GIANT MICE.
something like this:

1088.jpg

a toy for cats. uses real fur. from some animals paws, i guess.
cut it into 3 long pieces and glued them together.
p.s. a glue on skin&fur causes an exothermic reaction with a really high temperature.

Back