Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette. BACK UP FOR PO.

I have been looking at the pictures on ss website again and it got me thinking...

The original Predator maquette is a beast of a piece, I look in awe at mine almost every day. It has the following dimensions from ss website.
Predator
24" H (609.6mm) x 18" W (457.2mm) x 15" D (381mm)*

I then saw the P2 maquette has the following dimensions.
Predator 2
28.5" H (723.9mm) x 14" W (355.6mm) x 14.5" L (368.3mm)*

Despite the inaccuracies I think this is going to be an order for me, as it's going to be a big mean predator :Rock I will most likely try to source a reg locally if the price is favourable. I think open hand and spear is the way to go display wise.

On a side note are cool props just doing the P2 bust?

Last edited:

In
Man that looks way off, too bad, I very much wanted this to be on point.

I think the one on the right looks pretty cool. I like predators, but I'm not a predator expert so I am not picky with the details. I just think it looks pretty cool and will look awesome on display!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will most likely try to source a reg locally if the price is favourable. I think open hand and spear is the way to go display wise.

On a side note are cool props just doing the P2 bust?

Yup. Reg display is the way to go with this leaving the option of using either portrait, making the extra cost of the Ex unnecessary.
Saying that I'm still waiting to see if Lee's going to put him back up, he's yet to answer my PM.
Might be forced to order the Ex otherwise :(

As far as I'm aware we've only seen Masks from CP. More varied Predator item from them in the future would be great.
It's either their 1:1 Bust or this for me. This would fit much better into my collection but, obviously, final result is a huge concern.

We've all gotta pray they have sourced a factory capable of doing this, slightly flawed, design justice.

My understanding is that there still may be hope that Igo will be able to get the tweaks to push thru

My understanding is that there still may be hope that Igo will be able to get the tweaks to push thru

Pretty sure that is 0% chance right now. It never should have gotten this far without major "tweaks"

ok ive re order the predator ex, . dam sucks they increased the numbers.hope they do some touch ups, have to wait and see,

I think the one on the right looks pretty cool. I like predators, but I'm not a predator expert so I am not picky with the details.

yzP2E6A.gif

Okay, I admit that was cheeky, I've had that gif for ages and never had the chance to use it lol. But seriously, predator "expert" or not, it is clear to see from that picture just how off the head on this maquette really is. And for $1600 ish after tax etc, cool doesn't quite cut it, it should look a lot more like the P2, I don't think it is really fair to suggest we are being picky though asking for a high end piece like this to resemble the on screen character a little better.

Vm7i75L.jpg

I
yzP2E6A.gif

Okay, I admit that was cheeky, I've had that gif for ages and never had the chance to use it lol. But seriously, predator "expert" or not, it is clear to see from that picture just how off the head on this maquette really is. And for $1600 ish after tax etc, cool doesn't quite cut it, it should look a lot more like the P2, I don't think it is really fair to suggest we are being picky though asking for a high end piece like this to resemble the on screen character a little better.

Vm7i75L.jpg

:exactly::goodpost: it's not a neca figure its a 1000+ high end collectible we're talking here.

Lmao!! :(

well one can always hope. don't be so negative man.

That's like me accusing you of being naïve.

You go ahead and hope for changes all you want, accept the inaccuracies as well if you like - that's your choice.

Those of us that have followed this from the beginning are no longer in denial. You say negative, we say realistic (and honest).

Have you re-ordered yours yet?

I believe SS has confirmed there will be no changes. What you see is what you get...and hopefully not worse with production pieces.

I ordered the exclusive. I am not a huge predator fan (this will actually be the first in my collection) and I am not a stickler for accuracy because of it. If it was star wars it would be a whole other story...I guess I just want something big that looks cool, and this fits the bill.

If you are not a huge fan why are you dumping $1200 on a statue of one? There are plenty of bigger/cheaper/better options out there.

1/4 scale statues? I don't want articulation and CM is better and larger, but much more expensive.

What other options are there?

1/4 scale statues? I don't want articulation and CM is better and larger, but much more expensive.

What other options are there?
Probably not a Predator then. Only other 1/4 or larger unless you go busts is the P1 Maquette and good luck finding one of those.

I thought he was referring to a different, cheaper, character if Predator doesn't mean that much to you.
It's your money :D

Any joy on the Maq Stinger? :impatient:

Back