Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette. BACK UP FOR PO.

I've decided to let this go, so somebody's waitlist should be converting soon, if I'm gonna pay the premium they're asking then it better be perfect or close to it like the P1 one was, now a days I need to be wowed by pieces in order to consider them for my collection, that has decreased my purchases by a lot but when I look at my displays I'm more pleased than I've ever been. So whoever really wants this and gets this, enjoy, this is what it's all about

. . . whoever really wants this and gets this, enjoy, this is what it's all about

Absolutely.

I'm SINCERELY happy for anyone that thinks this is great and will love having it as part of their collection.

I may be a HUGE fan of the P2 design - but there's no way I could look at this without sighing and going "Meh".

There will ALWAYS be something better coming along at some point :wink1:

This should be such an easy decision for me, but it really isn't! I still want it for all of it's flaws.

I'm just wondering if this P2 I'll never be 100% happy with is really a better buy than these two..

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ops-kits-etc-/156774-ecc-grey-alien-bust.html

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...4-endoskeleton-statue-terminator-genisys.html

and $300 in my pocket.

I may be a HUGE fan of the P2 design - but there's no way I could look at this without sighing and going "Meh".

On one hand I'm thinking just buy it and give it a go, but on the other I know the above is likely true of me also. Arrrgh.

This should be such an easy decision for me, but it really isn't! I still want it for all of it's flaws.

I'm just wondering if this P2 I'll never be 100% happy with is really a better buy than these two.. . . . (* IRRELEVANT :wink1: *) . . . On one hand I'm thinking just buy it and give it a go, but on the other I know the above is likely true of me also. Arrrgh.

Matt - dude/mate - don't do it son - this character deserves MUCH better treatment. I feel MUCH better now I've made the decision not to buy. It's like a spiritual or epiphany moment :lol

Deep breath, yoga pose, let the stress wash over you and through you (and down the drain) :Flush

. . . but whatever you decide - do it for YOU - if this does it for you - great - if it doesn't - better to make a final decision NOW and remove the emotional baggage.

I've decided to let this go, so somebody's waitlist should be converting soon
All Wait Lists will of already converted seeing as the Ex ES was raised by 100 and is freely available for pre-order.

Props and bows to all who get this. The price alone scares me away. I saw the proto up close at CC last year, and even with the inaccuracies it was a very impressive piece. My best friend is far more of a P2 man than I, going as far as to make small complaints about the shape of the mask and some proportions, and he was still fogging up the glass. He was like a perv at a peep show.

I think it's a very impressive piece but obviously there's a lot of hate coming from 3 or 4 people here... There's really no point to keep bashing sideshow, do it once and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's a very impressive piece but obviously there's a lot of hate coming from 3 or 4 people here... There's really no point to keep bashing sideshow, do it once and move on.

That is only because 3 or 4 people are taking the time, there are plenty more who agree.

For the record, most of us do think this is a very impressive piece, an impressive piece with some silly little issues that detract significantly from all of the good work put into it. No hate here, just disappointment. You should probably go back and read the whole thread if you think it is just 3 or 4 people complaining. Most of them stopped caring and moved on. If we're still here is because we actually care and want this one (And actually had it on order at various points) We're still here trying to convince ourselves whether to get it or not given its glaring and well documented issues. The conversation had pretty much died anyway until recently when this was cancelled and a bit of hope was heaped on when an SS employee suggested changes might be possible (yes, SSC themselves are aware) Alas that wasn't to be and we are pretty much back to square one with this guy. With an added kick in the teeth from the ES increase of course. Being critical of something for good reason is not simply "bashing sideshow" You'll find plenty of praise for them from me in other threads. I like SSC a lot and It is annoying to even see that suggested tbh. This thread has been up and down, critical, positive and critical again. Instead of complaining about people complaining, you could take some time to mention some of the positives on this. It would be far more constructive than simply knocking people who don't share your opinion and the thread could certainly use some different opinions.

You could start by listing the positives in this picture actually, because I really want to order this guy and I'm struggling...

Vm7i75L.jpg

For the record, most of us do think this is a very impressive piece, an impressive piece with some silly little issues that detract significantly from all of the good work put into it. No hate here, just disappointment. You should probably go back and read the whole thread if you think it is just 3 or 4 people complaining. Most of them stopped caring and moved on. If we're still here is because we actually care and want this one (And actually had it on order at various points) We're still here trying to convince ourselves whether to get it or not given its glaring and well documented issues. The conversation had pretty much died anyway until recently when this was cancelled and a bit of hope was heaped on when an SS employee suggested changes might be possible (yes, SSC themselves are aware) Alas that wasn't to be and we are pretty much back to square one with this guy. With an added kick in the teeth from the ES increase of course. Being critical of something for good reason is not simply "bashing sideshow" You'll find plenty of praise for them from me in other threads. I like SSC a lot and It is annoying to even see that suggested tbh. This thread has been up and down, critical, positive and critical again. Instead of complaining about people complaining, you could take some time to mention some of the positives on this. It would be far more constructive than simply knocking people who don't share your opinion and the thread could certainly use some different opinions.

You could start by listing the positives in this picture actually, because I really want to order this guy and I'm struggling...

Vm7i75L.jpg

What you wrote above I can totally agree, it's a good post. However, I did see a some people come in here and tell others not to get it repeatedly... To me that's just pure whining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or good advice, especially with CoolProps' life-size bust on the horizon.

:lecture You mean a kick to the base? :banana

Those images are also great for comparing the dreadlocks. SS's are curving out way too much.

I think the SS mask resembles the old McFarlane P2 figure's mask quite a bit.

movie_maniacs_6-vi-bloody-predator-figure2.jpg

Crap! haven't been paying attention to this, didn't realise it went back up for PO. I got a waitlist conversion notification email over a 4 day long weekend here, and I didn't check my email over this period so my waitlist has now converted but I no longer want this. Have I now lost my NRD? I could ask to transfer it to something else I guess...but nothing I really want from Sideshow right now.

Crap! haven't been paying attention to this, didn't realise it went back up for PO. I got a waitlist conversion notification email over a 4 day long weekend here, and I didn't check my email over this period so my waitlist has now converted but I no longer want this. Have I now lost my NRD? I could ask to transfer it to something else I guess...but nothing I really want from Sideshow right now.

If you cancel early before they charge the NRD you can, but in this odd case I would think you can get them to make an exception.

In

Vm7i75L.jpg
Man that looks way off, too bad, I very much wanted this to be on point.

Back