Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette. BACK UP FOR PO.

That's the thing...you assume

That is, without doubt, a P2 Maquette sculpt. Only thing to assume here is if Sideshow has switched factory or not, which is not SO relevant. They clearly stated they couldn't produce it with a decent quality standard, that's enough to put everyone interested in this piece in alarm imho.

If sideshow was confident and honest enough to show this picture, then I would think they are going to make sure the product comes out good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If sideshow was confident and honest enough to show this picture, then I would think they are going to make sure the product comes out good?

Since you seem so confident about their ability to deliver - and you didn't respond to my last post - I'll ask you again - "Have you re-ordered yours yet?"

I won't deny that there are members who go into threads and post negative, useless criticism, but there's also the negative feedback from the fans who sincerely want a good product. Are we to express only positive feedback towards an item that clearly missed its mark?

Many Predator fans have been waiting a long time for a good P2 at a large scale. Finally, here's our chance, but we were let down by inaccuracies so off we could not ignore them.

Here is where we are at currently...
Sideshow halts manufacturing because they claim an item in the production process did not meet their standards.

If none of the inaccuracies are addressed, I wish Sideshow would at least tell us what it was that halted production.
They had our NRDs for a long time. I think a brief explanation is warranted.

That picture wasn't posted by Sideshow, easy. It leaked from the factory. We don't know yet exactly what went wrong into production and people here love to argue that "it's not our business" either knowing.

I won't deny that there are members who go into threads and post negative, useless criticism, but there's also the negative feedback from the fans who sincerely want a good product. Are we to express only positive feedback towards an item that clearly missed its mark?

Yeah this, I would put complaining for the sake of it and complaining about people complaining into the same basket myself. It's equally annoying. I've said it before, if you don't like the criticism, don't just complain about the guys making it. make a constructive counter argument and try top balance things out. Is this not how public forums are meant to work? I've been noisy about this one and not always in a good light. I'm often flattering about other pieces in other threads so clearly don't go around complaining for the sake of it. I'm torn on this, I'm a huge P2 fan! like I said it is really excellent in some areas (pose/presence/body sculpt etc) and infuriatingly disappointing in others (that bio and dreads arrrgh!!) Add to that the mess those of us who ordered it first time around have been through and it deserves a bit of criticism. I'm hanging around because I'm trying to decide whether to buy this again or not. And at $1600 or so, I won't be rushing into that decision.

Again though, don't complain about other collectors with differing opinions. In stead shout away about its good things by all means, it would be nice to see given the overall negative tone of the thread...

Since you seem so confident about their ability to deliver - and you didn't respond to my last post - I'll ask you again - "Have you re-ordered yours yet?"

Yes I did.
And really I feel you have a problem with people that like this piece, why is that? You don't have to agree it's a nice piece but there's really no need to discourage or insult others who actually have faith in it.

And by the way so far I haven't said anything negative on this thread except maybe for my initial post but I did acknowledge that with Python's reply post. And after that i only wrote something along the line like don't be so negative, is it really so bad that I get attacked by this heavy metal spike guy??

Most are here only to stir **** up, not to really talk about anything
Yeah, you're one to talk. Shouldn't you be trolling the non-Marvel Studios movie threads?

No one who's disappointed with this statue is "only here to stir **** up".

People have been expressing in great detail why they're disappointed with it, and what needs to be improved/should have been there in the first place. There have even been dozens of comparison pictures posted. You wouldn't get any of that from people who are "only here to stir **** up".

Many predator fans have been waiting ages for a P2 maquette of the same caliber as the P1 maquette, to display proudly together, but instead, we get this severely flawed one.

And then there's the cancelling it and putting it back up for pre-order 2 months later, people losing money, no changes being made to the inaccurate sculpt, etc.

Yes I did. And really I feel you have a problem with people that like this piece, why is that? You don't have to agree it's a nice piece but there's really no need to discourage or insult others who actually have faith in it.

I'm not a mind reader so I have no idea why you feel that way. You'd be wrong though :)

Apparently YOU have "a problem" with people who have legitimate issues with this piece and the way Sideshow behaved during this whole debacle.

I sincerely hope that Sideshow bucks the trend and delivers a piece that purchasers enjoy (yep - including YOU). I won't be one of those purchasers.

I'm not a mind reader so I have no idea why you feel that way. You'd be wrong though :)

Apparently YOU have "a problem" with people who have legitimate issues with this piece and the way Sideshow behaved during this whole debacle.

I sincerely hope that Sideshow bucks the trend and delivers a piece that purchasers enjoy (yep - including YOU). I won't be one of those purchasers.

Actually can you point out what I have said that indicate I have a problem with you??? It's obvious that you have been going after every positive post I had about this piece. Anyway if you have said enough bad things about this piece and also insulted the people who actually said they like it, YOU obviously have an issue letting it go, you need to see someone for help instead of trying to pick on people in a forum.

Actually can you point out what I have said that indicate I have a problem with you??? It's obvious that you have been going after every positive post I had about this piece. Anyway if you have said enough bad things about this piece and also insulted the people who actually said they like it, YOU obviously have an issue letting it go, you need to see someone for help instead of trying to pick on people in a forum.

Dude - get a grip.

That would be you

That's your best bit of reasoning? - what "would be me"? :rotfl

I have no idea where you are from, but I'm guessing English maybe isn't your primary language. Perhaps that's what's been causing your confusion. That's OK, but it's hardly MY fault if you misunderstand.

You need to go back and re-read our exchanges and then question why you are feeling so persecuted and "picked on". You can't go round making bold claims and not expect a reaction to what you post.

On the other hand - maybe you are just a troll and I simply didn't identify it initially. Time will tell :wink1:

And I STILL sincerely hope you are happy when your purchase arrives.

(* EDIT *) - Somebody kindly sent me some of his posts on other threads - I now have my answer :)

im just pleased because i love p2 and the only reason i didnt get the last one was i could not have the disc, and now i get it. Heres hoping they fixed any issues they had. My feeling is this one if going to be AMAZING and one of the reasons for that is they had to cancel it, and they know everyone is expecting some kind of QC nightmare, so heres hoping they suprise the hell out of us ( i know sideshow is reading this. )

im just pleased because i love p2 and the only reason i didnt get the last one was i could not have the disc, and now i get it. Heres hoping they fixed any issues they had. My feeling is this one if going to be AMAZING and one of the reasons for that is they had to cancel it, and they know everyone is expecting some kind of QC nightmare, so heres hoping they suprise the hell out of us ( i know sideshow is reading this. )

They did not fix ANY issues during the temporary cancellation unfortunately and won't be.

Back