Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette

Did this happen to you with Joe? On your Wolf?

spent 2300 on a custom piece from Joe that came broken.

Depends what you mean by "good". A premium format I think is worth $400-$500 in today's market and I believe a Legendary is probably worth around $2000 due to the scale, detail and obvious jump in quality.

A Maquette like this is sitting bang in the middle with no justification other than it's got "Maquette" written on the box. It's smaller than some Premium formats yet more expensive in some cases more than double.

Like many I could justify it had it not had so many things either wrong or just missing all together. For me it has to be an amazing statue and then price goes out the window and I jump on board.

Deep down I don't want this because it's an awesome statue, I want it because it's a Predator 2 statue , I love Predator and I don't have one. That's enough to tell me that I'd be making a mistake.

Like I've said though if I can see it in person I may change my mind. The paint in particular would have to be really something else.

I thought you said the new IM lsf was a bad price? I disagree about the pfs though, most of them are not worth $400 imo. I may just stick to the LSF line from here on out, maybe buying one per year. I'm still on the fence with this P2. I really like it and everything, but I could get the new IM LSF for not a whole lot more with discounts. Getting the P2 Ex with Ca tax would be pricey, even with $170 in points.

There really isn't much to find yet, just a quick work in progress picture. He'll put more out when he's happy to no doubt. :yess:

Damn! A P2 in 1/3 by Narin? Yes please! :yess:

I wish he would release a little bit more info soon.

Need to find someone to commission for paint in LA.

the guy that did Docs T800 custom lives in the LA type area I believe.

Maquette is, from my understanding, tends to have more details and bigger than regular pf. Sure some pf are bigger than maquette but you can definitely see with one eye closed that it has less details . Take Sauron pf vs Galactus maquette for example. Bigger doesn't always mean better, you know.

Partial damage should be covered also. You should not lose the piece unless it was a total loss.

Yeah - I've had to file claims twice - didn't have to hand over the piece(s) - just provided photos and estimates for repair & return shipping.

It does look bigger, but it would be nice to actually see it next to a another well known PF for relative size comparisons.

I grabbed one of these now to wait till its released lol. This looks to be the same size as the first predator maquette

I grabbed one of these now to wait till its released lol. This looks to be the same size as the first predator maquette

I think it isn't. First P1 maquette is around 25" tall and he bent his right leg. P2 is 28" but he got a base and standing straight.
All in all, P1 seems like 1/3 to me but this is average 1/4. I could be wrong though.

Indeed it will make a great display with the first predator maquette.

I had a hard time deciding between this or the IM MK VII LSF. In the end, the IM Mk VII LSF won out. My CM predator shall be the standalone piece in the predator collection.

I think it isn't. First P1 maquette is around 25" tall and he bent his right leg. P2 is 28" but he got a base and standing straight.
All in all, P1 seems like 1/3 to me me but this is average 1/4. I could be wrong though.

Have you seen the P1 Maq next to a 1:3 CM?

All in all, P1 seems like 1/3 to me but this is average 1/4. I could be wrong though.

The original P1 maquette has both legs bent which is making him shorter but I measured the statue and he is very close to 1/4 scale if scaled down , the actual predator is around 24-25" tall

This is an ACCURATE representation for comparison guys.

The unmasked P2 is from the current Sideshow chart, and the 24" (P1 height NOT including base) is from Sideshow stock photos.

lfhc.jpg

Thanks Heavy Metal.

And I tend to forgot that CM is in fact 1/3 lol.

Back