Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette

ES will depend on how well the presales are going.
Once things slow down, we'll have the ES. :)

What the hell, ordered.

Can't put it off much longer and I've kinda give up on trying to pick up the CM for a sensible price now and spent far to long humming and harring over 'Wolf', so this will be more than a suitable replacement.

What the hell, ordered.

Can't put it off much longer and I've kinda give up on trying to pick up the CM for a sensible price now and spent far to long humming and harring over 'Wolf', so this will be more than a suitable replacement.

Congrats Simon :hi5:

I made a list of those "declared" both here and on Statue forum.

Let me know if I missed you :)

There's a couple of duplicates, and at least 1 is a REG not EX, but it lets us see the total "declared" for the 2 boards is at around the 50 mark.

• ES for the EX maybe 200?, 300?
• ES for the REG maybe 500? 750?​

eie3.jpg

72n7.jpg

Hey man :hi5:

Had a read through the other board a few days ago.
Much the same, awesome...dreads...price...etc.

That is actually quite worrying as far as ES goes. 50 orders from the two boards which makes up a small percentage of potential purchasers.
Oh well, it will be mine whatever.

What's with the Reg order? That a confirmed AD order?

I'm thinking at least 1,000 reg. Ex...low as possible please.

I would have thought the "50" indicates a fairy low takeup on this - but have no idea what percentage of customers post on the 2 boards :dunno

There may be others who have bought and haven’t posted, or are waiting/undecided for various reasons (ES, QC concerns, possible adjustments, not interested in EX, etc.), and there are other forums of course.

However – there are LOTS that have posted here that they were going to buy but decided not to due to price/flaws etc.

Not sure why the fella on Statue Forum ordered a REG instead of EX - they cost the same so maybe he is outside the States and it allows him to reduce shipping or import costs somehow?

I'd be very surprised if you could fork out $1400 on a statue and not be on a forum. There would probably be a few people from the Hunters Layer and Predatorstuff on board you would imagine though.

If the EX comes out and anything over 500 I think this will be around for a long time. Especially the reg.

300 I think would be a good number.

The Lair is less interested in SS stuff than here and SF generally as they make their own stuff that puts it to shame due to their incredible love and passion for the character. More Narin love than SS as well. That said there may be a couple of course. I think this is selling well considering many P2 fans are holding off due to the flaws. 300 would be a good number but I reckon this will easily be 500.

Totally agree on the LAIR comment - they are more Costume / GK oriented.

Predatorstuff isn't the site it used to be since Rich took over from Dan - so I'd expect minimal orders through that route.

Are there any other MAJOR forums in the collectibles community above here & Statue Forum?

It's been 3 weeks since this was announced, and "confirmed" orders here and on Statue Forum have dropped-off drastically. I expect a spike when the ES is announced (if it's not high) - but if the "50" IS indicative of general pickup,they are SO going to get these (EX and/or REG) stuck in the warehouse for months/years if they think it will sell in quantities like the P1 maquette.

Sideshow should ask their design and marketing folks some hard questions.

I still think that suggestion on Statue Forum was a good one - getting fan/customer feedback on pieces via Farcebook when they are being developed. The flaws could very easily have been fixed at minmal cost.

Just think how many folks who've posted about the issues would have then bought.

The people making these are obviously very talented and must have reference material...
Do they even use it?

I was wondering the same thing col, they must have access to stuff we don't get to see? Even if not, it isn't a big job to buy the blu ray and press pause to at least get the basic outline. Hey HMS, nice to see you here... Let's not get into trouble on this board. ;) I'm still very much hoping for changes but deep down I think we all know it won't happen.

. . . Hey HMS, nice to see you here... Let's not get into trouble on this board. ;) . . .

LOL. Yeah - none of us meant to ruffle feathers on Statue Forum but I think our output frustrated a couple of folks there. It's all good though - moderating a board is a thankless job and I have no hard feelings towards anyone over the difference in opinion. They handled things pretty well.

Ah, just noticed HMS isn't on the confirmed order list. You with Python on the 'issues'?

I'm with Py on the "issues" - for me it was Spear, right-angled dreds, bio-mask wrong shape, no quills and the dodgy base design (goofy teeth and random skulls).

I have preordered though - I was the first to confirm on the Statue Forum thread (got my PO in about 4 minutes after the webpage went up).

I REALLY doubt they will adjust anything now - their loss (in sales). And if it turns up damaged in any way - well - Narin's 1/3 should be available by then and the Sideshow piece will be sent back. No loss to me, and Sideshow lose $60-$100 combined shipping costs.

How did I miss your name :slap

Yeh, for $1,200 plus shipping and V.A.T if it's not perfect it's getting lashed across the Atlantic right back at them :lecture

Back