Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette

15qqm0w.jpg

I'm actually hoping Narin's version is bad@ss and priced within my range. I'd like to have only one P2 to rep in my collection.

pieces like his death warrior kit were $300-350 raw and un-built. It was 18in tall. If he's making a 1/3 P2, which is roughly twice that height and even bigger overall, I'd say the price of a kit that size from Narin will be about $600-800. Should be limited though and will prolly have switch out parts too. If you have a great artist locally, I'd say wait for that. If your rich, a fully built one of those with Joes paint will run about $2500-3000 with shipping I would bet.

I believe that P2 tease from Narin was over a year ago, so who knows whats going on with it?

this P2 repainted by Joe would prolly run about 2k altogether, maybe cheaper if you get the reg, that would be just as good imo and would increase the resell value. Joe was holding back doing this P2 proto. Not sure too many people would be willing to drop over 3k on the aftermarket for a custom P2, even coming from Narin. I've bought and sold a few Narin pieces finished from Joe. I was lucky to break even, gotta think about stuff like that. I'm really thinking I will hold out for in hand pics of this unless the Ex ES is really low. I know from personal experience, I would rather have this P2 repainted by Joe and maybe customized a bit, then get the Narin piece. I would have Joe make a custom skull trophy, add body/head quills and maybe add some bloody wounds from the shotgun shots.

pieces like his death warrior kit were $300-350 raw and un-built. It was 18in tall. If he's making a 1/3 P2, which is roughly twice that height and even bigger overall, I'd say the price of a kit that size from Narin will be about $600-800. Should be limited though and will prolly have switch out parts too. If you have a great artist locally, I'd say wait for that. If your rich, a fully built one of those with Joes paint will run about $2500-3000 with shipping I would bet.

Thanks for the feedback. :hi5:

So, where can we get more info on Narin's 1/3 P2?

They're actually better that way.
His sculpts demand a proper paint app.

Yep - they certainly do.

I probably have the worlds biggest collection of Narin sculpts (painted and unpainted) - and NEVER tire of viewing his work.

Without doubt - THE Predator sculpting God.

Probably HMS forgot to put IMO in his post.

Yea I have a few narin kits and I love them. Got a couple painted by Joe.. I have started to slow down on the sideshow stuff and focus on narin and S.Hayes stuff..

Yea I have a few narin kits and I love them. Got a couple painted by Joe.. I have started to slow down on the sideshow stuff and focus on narin and S.Hayes stuff..

Sounds like a good idea.
I've run out of space. :D

The problem with these kits (Narin..etc), if they are trying to replicate 1/3 or 1/4 scale predators from screen such as P1, P2 etc, is that the netting would have to be sculpted rather that using real netting like Sideshow, and it would look kind of cheap for such a large scale statue to use painted netting rather than real one.

Back