Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette

I love the pose. Looks like he's ready to kick ass!!!
I have the P2 Bio from HCG and my opinion is that the mask sculpt althought not entirely accurate is still awesome as we can clearly see it's the City Hunter. I agree with Python with regards to the spear being undersized, but only by a fraction. Will still look bad ass next to the Wolf LSF and Predator Maquette.

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

Not defending its bad bits but that is a little harsh Sting ;)

To make this really great, the bio head and the dreads on both heads need completely re-sculpting, no denying that! The base is so so and the spear is undersized. But other than that, the sculpt is nice, the proportions are good and for me, the pose is excellent.
I did say "almost":lol Both heads, spear, EX, and stand are a letdown to me. Body is ok(I don't see quills, netting looks a bit cheap, gauntlet blades look like plastic), pose is just passable, and I am not sure how the paint is going to be on the production pieces. I can handle a few issues(spear, stand, etc...), but come on, the heads are where the focus is, at least get those right and I can overlook a lot of the other issues.

Check out this piece on ebay, this seems very accurate!
1 1 Predator 2 Life Size Statue P2 Prop Bust Alien Star Sideshow Terminator Wars | eBay

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Nah - mask is wrong, dreds stick out, the spear is too short, no quills, the pose? - meh! - and what's with that base?

AND it's overpriced.

(* it's SOOOOO hard getting out of the habit *)

Yeah, hasn't even got those obscure holes under the chin area of his mask... Amateurs ;)

Seriously though, looks great, somebody put a lot of time into that.

Nah - mask is wrong, dreds stick out, the spear is too short, no quills, the pose? - meh! - and what's with that base?

AND it's overpriced.

(* it's SOOOOO hard getting out of the habit *)

And the spear is bent!:slap

I'll wait untill the Pred 2 maquette is out and see what Sideshow did with the paintjob..

I have he wolf and he looks great, so I am not worry too much about this one.

Congratulations on securing one. Flex helped me no end on this one, a $1600 (inc tax) one off payment would have been a bitter pill to swallow for a 1:4 Predator. Very much looking forward to him now he's almost paid off.

When did you get on? Also, they usually don't apply rewards to an existing order so you may be out of luck.

Back