Predator 2 Arriving in 15 days

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great stuff Jamal, and great banner by the way! :rock

After spending all day between groceries (Wed is old folks discount day at Kroger :rolleyes: ) and other Mom related health things, I got to spend some time on headpaints until Bionic Woman:monkey5, (yes, Aragorns and many others are in that loop, as is dremeling... lots of dremeling...:monkey4 ), I finally got to spend some time on my brand spanking new PREDATOR 2! :rock

Until about 3am.

I am a tad bushed today, but have plenty of other work to do. But, I have him started anyway.
And I FORGET TO GET BEFORE SHOTS! :monkey2
So, if anyone has a good shot of their Pred 2 either together or in parts, before you armored it, then PM or post it would you, so I have something to show when I post this one painted up.

I did get the body started, and the head repainted. It was easiest since most of the detail is already there. Just tweak it. As for hands and feet, YUCK! Hard stuff to do! But, I will get them soon.

Oh, started on the armor some too. It is ok, but needs more burnt metal and aged patina stuff on it. Way more. Despite HT paint, which again, is astounding for a toy, much less a model kit, it does need some color shifting and aging and wear.

Overall though, I am very impressed with this kit/figure as it comes. Hot Toys did an amazing job! I am so glad they reduced the size of the head. No more Mombo sized Pred heads and super thick dreads. More in scale. I wish the dreads had thin wires though. Mine stick out too much.

Oh, and one tip of my combi-stick came off. Had to dremel out teeny holes in the teeny, tiny tip piece, and into the thin ass shaft, and insert and glue a thin metal rod to secure such a delicate part. Took me until I was so zonked I just went to bed on it. Brittle stuff guys! BE CAREFUL! The parts can come apart on that thing!

More updates to come as I have a chance to get back to it. :D

I got mine yesterday from Sideshow and it is worth the wait. I just wish the dreads would sit a little closer to the head. Other than that I am really happy with it. The belt is a pain to put on.

Hey Les, i had the same problem with my combi, the tip was broken off already in the box. Didnt matter much i just glued it back on

Check ebay if you want the P2 Elder, i got mine from abc express and they ship bloody fast and its got a nice price also, it works for me because im in australia and these things go for like 250+ here ...sigh.. To get the P2 and the P2 elder it cost me $390 Australian shipped from Hong Kong:chew

Hey guys! Been away from the board for awhile, but it looks like I came back just in time!

Got my P2 Pred from Blister Direct a couple of days ago and he's a beauty all right! I'm in Predator Heaven right now! I had a little more trouble than I expected putting him together, tho. I managed to snap off a leg post right from the get go (first time for me!), but I pinned the parts back together with brass rods and it's holding up okay now. Don't do what I did...take your time guys! The plastic seems to be more brittle than the stuff used with the AvP Preds. On mine, the straps on his knee guards are too tight to slip over his legs, especially with the netting in place, so I left them off until I can make some kind of fasteners for 'em. If anyone can suggest an easier way to put them on, I'd really appreciate it!

It was so cool that they made the disk blade removable after all! The detail on his armour and weapons is freakin' amazing! I agree with everyone else about the dreads, it would've been nice if they had included the wires inside so they could be arranged like the other Preds, but I'm not complaining. I love this guy and it was well worth the wait. Now I can hardly wait for that P2 Elder!!!
:chew:chew:chew

King D: Thanks for posting all those jaw-dropping pics! They look absolutely gorgeous!:rock:rock:rock

FML: Can't wait to see the in-progress pics of your P2 repaint, buddy! I still have dreams haunted with images of that AvP Voodoo Elder!:horror:lol

I have the head and body pretty much painted, and photos taken out of armor, unfinished, but I want to show it done all in one post. So, you all will have to wait. The armor construction is a B-word! As in the belt around the waist! Mine is so tight, I don't think my dude is a dude anymore! :rotfl Poor fella! Takes a heated up (dipped the open hole of the belt in hot water) belt connect, and a dot of superglue afterwards, to hold it shut! Wow! What a workout! Why did they make the belt so tight? One milimeter more would have been ok....

The rest is good. Yeah, the knee pads are not easy to get on, but they do go on MS. I removed the lower leg from within the netting, slid the knee cover on, and slid the lower leg back up and into place, and straightened, or as WorGar would say, Futzed it back into shape, pulling the netting back down and all is well.

I did not bleach out the netting, as it is not that bad. I wish it were finer, as in thinner thread, but no biggie.

I will revamp the armor in place, as I can't really see what it all looks like off of him. Blending and balancing all the colors to make him look more cohesively accurate. Adding a few details where I can.

This is a JOY to work on! MY GOD! Way more fun than the AVP Elder was. I have waited since 1995 to paint a P2 this large! I've had this particular paint job in my head that long, and it's just flowing out.
I had that old 9 inch styrene kit, the one where he's holding up a long knife, that I painted 12 years ago, that ended up with a buddy, and I haven't had a nice P2, even in kit form, that is painted and finished, in years. I have had the old (And amazing!!!) Argonauts P2, that I was going to cannibalize into a custom for years, so it never got painted...and I am selling it soon now....but this figure is a dream one. To finally have this Predator in hand and almost done....

Just amazing. If anyone hasn't gotten one by now, GET ONE! Just get it. Don't ponder. Cancel something else. This is a great figure! Seriously! I can already see a Danny Glover, King Willie, and maybe Gary Busey in all that silver suit stuff, ready to go soon! This guy needs his enemies! I wish HT would make the humans with these...

Anyway, soon gang. He's almost in Town!

Man, this thing is tough to put together! I get one piece on and another falls off. The thigh armor is particularly tough, the little plastic circles holding the armor to the belt keep popping off. And the knee pads were ridiculous. I ended up using the cardboard body outline that the netting comes on to help ease the bads up to the knees. Spent 3 hours on it last night and still not done putting him together. And the shin sheath looks like it should have a knife or something, but there's nothing in the box or in the pics - did he carry something there in the film?

Man, this thing is tough to put together! I get one piece on and another falls off. The thigh armor is particularly tough, the little plastic circles holding the armor to the belt keep popping off. And the knee pads were ridiculous. I ended up using the cardboard body outline that the netting comes on to help ease the bads up to the knees. Spent 3 hours on it last night and still not done putting him together. And the shin sheath looks like it should have a knife or something, but there's nothing in the box or in the pics - did he carry something there in the film?

That's his netgun, not a sheath for a knife.

Can't wait to see what you do Les, but even straight from the box it's an amazing figure. As far as dressing goes I gave a few hints in my review, as Les says above a lot of boiling water, hair-dryering and definetlly 'DONT' try to get the knee guards over the shins, slip them over the nets then put the shins in after. I say it a little clearer here-
https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_101207b.htm
Then sit back and enjoy... How freakin cool is this figure?

Got my shipping notice from AE today. :rock

Yep, mine shipped too!
:duff

Just a thought, maybe they had to get rid of the wired dreads in order to have a smaller more proportionate head? If that's the case, I'd much rather have a proportioned head then bendable dreads.

Last edited:

I actually felt this one was MUCH easier to put together than the AVP Pred. Scar and Chopper were absolute nightmares, but this one went together in a flash.

Is this your first predator Dave?

^^ I agree totally man, this thing was together so much quicker than my AVP Scar & Elder, im recieving a Chopper soon and im packing **** because its a damn struggle putting the AVP ones together man. I Found myself using superglue for the back parts of the armor

Back