Predator 2 Arriving in 15 days

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn King!!! That figure looks great! How about some shots sans mask? Thats the one thing I've been worried about is the paint on the face. But that mask is so kickass I couldn't imagine displaying him w/o it.

Great pics King and congrats... He looks great but is it just me or is he a bit skinny around the stomach? Still, i have been thinking bout getting one.

How about some shots sans mask? Thats the one thing I've been worried about is the paint on the face.

SANY0729.jpg

SANY0730.jpg

SANY0731.jpg

SANY0732.jpg

SANY0733.jpg

SANY0734.jpg

SANY0735.jpg

SANY0736.jpg

Heres a couple in the house.
SANY0742.jpg

SANY0739.jpg

So are the dreads on little ball joints? Either way the unmasked looks pretty good... but still the mask is so kickass :rock

King, you've done everyone that hasn't gotten their's yet, or is wanting one, a great service with your photos. Thanks bro. Very cool of you.

And now...

I GOT MINE! :chew:chew:chew:chew
He's here! NOW! In my grubby, mitts!

WOW! I've waited a long time for this beastie! What a super figure!

It will take me a day or so to get to him, as I have a lot of other work in the midst of course, Halloween stuff too (Deadfest figure also), but look for some nifty repaint pics before very much longer. Might even do some in progs or something.

He needs some color work done on his head. I am unsure exactly how much to repaint all that detail. His head patterns are not too bad. Might just blend in some odd areas a bit better, and undo that weird greying that is on top of his head, where it should be brighter yellows.
As for the body...well...that is an overhaul. If you aren't bothered, he looks fine. But, if you are like me, you are. He has a fire pattern, like on his head (When I spoke with Steve Wang in 1995 about this very thing, Predator patterns, he said that P1 was based on a banana, and P2 on fire and burnt outer metal, as thought the Predator himself had burnt his own armor...just a tidbit for you guys from the horse's mouth, so to speak...I never forgot that comment...), I will repaint the body to more match the head, once it has been touched up.
As for the armor, more blue-green patina in the cracks than is on it now, and a bit more burnt metal effect, and some copper highlights here and there. Otherwise, it is actually, for what you pay for it, SUPERB workmanship! The armor is the best thing about him. Just tremendously well done. Accessories too. I have played with the spear for an hour. It is so cool!

All I can say is this, if you are on the fence, and in any way, like Predator 2, GET THIS FIGURE! Trust me, it is not a gamble with your money!

Now, to get the P2 Elder...:naughty

I cant wait to see what you do with this one Les. I remember what you did with the Elder AVP and that was sick!!!

I hope you paint yours sooner than later, I really want to see how you improve it.

I cant wait to see what you do with this one Les. I remember what you did with the Elder AVP and that was sick!!!

I hope you paint yours sooner than later, I really want to see how you improve it.

Thanks King. Appreciate that. I did enjoy that repaint, but he was a rough overall job. Total repaint. Truth is, this figure is not THAT bad as it is. Nice finish too. Finally, since we get to a wet style Predator, unlike the AVP cold ones, that weren't all slimy, we get a nice gloss finish on these. Looks SO much better already.
But, stay with me. I will repaint him. :D

By the way, to total screen accuracy geeks, P2's netting was grey, not brown like the others. I may need to bleach and dye some. If this stuff will take it. May have to do that while still on the board to get it right.
Just one more lil thing to consider, IF I go that far.

Everything just looks so beautiful :monkey2:monkey2

And Les, I am so stoked to see you're repaint... the AVP Elder is seriously one of the coolest ones I've ever seen :rock

Heres mine guys, recieved him 1 week ago from hong kong on pre order, im also awaiting my pred2 elder from the same seller, and the combi does have trouble staying in his hand, hey king can you post a pic of the whole pred head to toe i like the way you posed it i may have to steal your idea :p

DSC01219.jpg

Last edited:
Back