Predator 1 Bio Mask

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need some croppage shady, here you go...

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    487 KB · Views: 149
  • p1.1.jpg
    p1.1.jpg
    973.2 KB · Views: 148
Is it just me or does the rightside / jawline area seem to stick out more than the left?

Honestly, pics do not look half bad.
Blast mark is a little, meh...

Does HCG make (or plan to make) a P1?

I think it is the angle too, it is not sitting straight on the base though, you can see it looking off to the right.

HCG did make one a long time ago with a huge wall mount, but people ask crazy money for them now and they don't look right to me either.

Just came home from work to see a big box, number 72 is in the house. I'll open it up in a bit.

Does HCG make (or plan to make) a P1?

They have already done an excellent P1 bio, it came with a huge half body base that made it very expensive but the mask was great. I do wish they would put it out again with a standard base like their P2 stunt.

#27 Showed up at my place today..

Besides from a non impressive paintjob, a lousy attachment to the base, and some funky
stuff going on with some of the detailing, it's actually a cool piece. :)

Been wanting a P1 for soooo many years.. What I got isn't perfect, but I may be able
to make it a bit better with some sculpting and a repaint/re-weathering.

Here's mine, shown next to Sideshow's Predator 2 Mask and CoolProps' Guardian Mask (both repainted by me):

image_zps4b25509f.jpg

image_zps27ee785f.jpg

image_zps098a5b2e.jpg

image_zpsabfc5c4f.jpg

image_zps60e8b2ea.jpg

image_zps53afed6f.jpg

Too bad they opted for this lens solution, would have been nice to be able to replace the lenses,
like on their P2, and also just be able to look through them, but noooo...

And you can see that the magnet has been attached very off-center.. might be why the mask
doesn't sit well on the base. Even though I tried to put the P2 Mask on the P1 Base, and it also
wobbles a bit - so it might be both the mask and the base that's faulty..

image_zpsd73cd5ab.jpg

This will have to be resculpted a bit..

image_zpsc5dcc679.jpg

Mine came today, doesn't sit correctly on the base, magnets are there but it wobbles (possibly due to the mount not being completely central as per Freak1138's pics above) it wants to rest at an offset angle, I could make some very slight modifications to correct it but should I be sending this back? Overall I am pleased with the mask although I'm not completely thrilled with the blast marks. Been waiting forever for it and is a ball ache to ship it back from the UK

The casting is really bad on this. Also, interestingly, I tried a few more masks to see if it is the stand or the mask at fault, the magnets on these are in the opposite order to the rest so this P1 is repelled from the standard SSC stand.

Attach point / Magnet not centered....

:lol :slap

I assume they are all like that...?

"IF" they are all casted like that...it is stuff like this, getting past QC, that amazes me.
what...400 (or was it 3) dollar item...and we cant take the extra time and steps to make sure it is "centered" on its display stand.

The casting is really bad on this. Also, interestingly, I tried a few more masks to see if it is the stand or the mask at fault, the magnets on these are in the opposite order to the rest so this P1 is repelled from the standard SSC stand.

:slap
:lol

I can't believe we pay all this money and people talk about re sculpting and re painting!!!! Sideshow get your act together or you'll lose your veteran buyers!

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

mine is number 11 if that has any relevance, maybe there is a certain range of these that has the problem. After playing with it a little more it does actually sit right but because the mount does not fit perfect in the base, if it moves a little it will then 'sag' and tilt to one side.

Do these guys even have quality control?

After looking at the base more closely, I discovered that the slots for the magnets to slide into, aren't very deep.
I think a part of the problem with attaching the mask lies here, as the part with the magnet doesn't have a proper
place to rest on. So it's more or less only held in place by the strong magnet... If you were lucky to get a magnet..
Sorry to hear that your's doesn't even haven't been magnitized, Python.. :(

image_zps2496b152.jpg

image_zpsffaecf73.jpg

Sorry to hear that your's doesn't even haven't been magnitized, Python.. :(

Thanks, I should clarify, there is a bit of magnetisation, but only barely, not nearly enough to hold the mask to the stand. I've put in a refund request, paint on mine is a bit subtler than some actually.

So I got mine, #73... and I think Freak hit it on the head. Few things that I've noticed..

IMG_1065.JPG

One is that as others have stated, mine is very wobbly.. mostly b/c of both the magnet on the helmet is off (tho on mine not by much) and the stand is off center.

IMG_1057.JPG

IMG_1059.JPG

Here am I holding it up to show the wall mount. Tho I do not get any wobble when it is mounted for the wall.

IMG_1064.JPG

To also show what Freak was saying.. mine is almost completely flush, so the magnet has no where to really sit. Note, this is on the standing mount, not the wall mount. I do not know if others are like this or not as this is my first one.

IMG_1066.JPG

Overall thoughts:

I do like the overall look of it. The 2 blast marks could be a bit better painted and the sculpt on part of the side (Freak had a pic) could be a lot better. I could even live with the mounting as I had planned to wall mount so it being wobbly wouldn't be an issue. My biggest problem is that there is something loose inside the helmet (sounds like something broken off).. and whenever it is moved at all you can hear it moving around. Again, not a big deal if you don't move it but it makes it feel extremely cheap.

So I will be at least exchanging it.. haven't decided yet if I'm going to try that and pray or just return for a refund (as I do like the look of it).

edit: After looking at it some more, mine does angle to the Mask right slightly b/c of the magnet position (while standing). The magnet is strong on mine.. so it does hold it firmly in place (as long as you don't touch it). So mine would be good for me, wall mounted if not for the broken piece.

Back