Predator 1 Bio Mask

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes, not looking good.

Those "spots" on the snout and dome of the mask look worse than the blast marks IMO.

just feels cheap. and that blast ,mark is basically just some paint application, although the mask looks good something is missing

A black lens would make a big difference I think, that paint needs killing off though, the star and the herpes on the front at least...

werent those spots supposed to be there?

Yeah, but more subtle. I really don't understand why the starfish blast mark effect is still being used, it has always looked bad.

Pav81Ff.jpg

A black lens would make a big difference I think, that paint needs killing off though, the star and the herpes on the front at least...
:rotfl

werent those spots supposed to be there?
Yeah, like Python said they're supposed to be there but without looking glaringly cheap/artificial.

predator-040.jpg

On the SS bio it looks as if the spots are water damage created by someone leaving it under a leak in their roof. :slap

Those blast marks definitely look awful after seeing these photos of the real bio.

So far I think the P2 bio came out much better than this.

On the first look the blast marks are looking bad and cheap.But I think with a little bit matt black paint I can make them looking good.
It would be great to see some pics under daylight.
With some painting skills you can make a great P1 mask with this base.But its a shame that you must do it yourself after you payed over 300$!

But an epic fail is the fix of the mask on the stand...hope my mask fits better or I send it back.

If I´m looking on the Planet of the Apes Bust in the blurayboxset!!!...and then this...I would say Fox/Weta has the better chinese painters!:wink1:

20320386cb.jpg

^^^^^ and you sir are the reason Sideshow collectibles will never go out of business of fix the problems. You rather take that messed up Bio. I rather look around and find a custom bio maker than pay for this or the P2 bio.

^^^^^ and you sir are the reason Sideshow collectibles will never go out of business of fix the problems. You rather take that messed up Bio. I rather look around and find a custom bio maker than pay for this or the P2 bio.

Yeah!!! It's all your fault Kroenen!!!! :monkey4

I'm not gonna lie... That shot to the face looks bad in those pics.. I'll wait it out and see it in hand before I decide...

A lot of custom masks are great...but the sideshow/HCG masks are having the better stand..very heavy and with magnetic attachment.And later you can sell most of them better,because its limited licensed stuff.:wink1:

A lot of custom masks are great...but the sideshow/HCG masks are having the better stand..very heavy and with magnetic attachment.And later you can sell most of them better,because its limited licensed stuff.:wink1:
Some of them are good, like the Wolf DX. Liked that base better than the SS one. I am getting my bio a day early, so it should be here tomorrow. Fingers crossed the poor paint is in the minority.

The Wolf DX version wouldn't exist without the Sideshow mask it was recast from though in fairness. My P1 is still in Indianapolis, I'll be getting it late it seems.

Fire wasnt referring to you...
The guy he was replying to has deleted his post.

I thought the DX wolf was smaller than sideshows

It is slightly, you can only tell when they are right next to each other though. I am sure they could have sculpted one themselves if they wanted, which I believe the did. If it was a recast it would be exactly the same size.

Some of them are good, like the Wolf DX. Liked that base better than the SS one. I am getting my bio a day early, so it should be here tomorrow. Fingers crossed the poor paint is in the minority.

Its everytime the personal taste.For me the sideshow Wolf is the best mask ever made.Love the mask,the stand,the lense and the paint..I would never sell mine.I cannot understand why sideshow never made a mask with this quality again.Its so sad.The masks from "Predators" were better..but the movie was...not good.:wink1:

I will give the SS P1 a chance because I really want a licensed P1 mask with a great heavy stand.The HCG is too expensive.I would not spend 1000$ for a predatormask.

@PermaG:Ah ok..sorry..so it was a disaccord.:wink1:

Back