Predator 1 Bio Mask

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is scheduled to come tomorrow and even though I had hopeful expectations SSC would deliver on this, I've almost decided to just send this right back to them for a refund.

Open it up and have a look, the paint isn't anything like the P1, but actually it isn't a bad looking mask. If you get one that sits on its stand properly you might like it. I suspect it will be a common issue however. Getting mine refunded simply due to the fact it wont sit on the stand, would have kept it otherwise.

For mine, there are no issues when wall mounting. The attachment is more solid (stronger magnet?) and does not wobble at all compared to displaying it standing on a desk. There is also a greater depth for the magnet to sit on the wall mount.

As my preferred method of display, I would keep it if not for something rattling inside the helmet.

:slap

For mine, there are no issues when wall mounting. The attachment is more solid (stronger magnet?) and does not wobble at all compared to displaying it standing on a desk. There is also a greater depth for the magnet to sit on the wall mount.

As my preferred method of display, I would keep it if not for something rattling inside the helmet.

:slap

SS is going to tell you that the rattle is normal... Happens when the product dries and does not reflect its quality.., :lecture

It's not looking bad though imo.. Hope mine shows up with a good magnet..

Great pics man!!!!

#27 Showed up at my place today..

Here's mine, shown next to Sideshow's Predator 2 Mask and CoolProps' Guardian Mask (both repainted by me):

image_zps4b25509f.jpg

image_zps27ee785f.jpg

image_zps098a5b2e.jpg

image_zpsabfc5c4f.jpg

image_zps60e8b2ea.jpg

image_zps53afed6f.jpg

I'm in the middle of repainting the whole thing. Just finished fixing up this area:

Still needs to be sanded a bit more and primered, then on to repainting the entire helmet.

(before)

image_zpsc5dcc679.jpg

(after)
image_zps67493ec8.jpg

Got mine today... I'm a bit displeased for the money I spent. Has the same mounting issues others have mentioned and over all feels cheep!!
I'm keeping it coz I've always wanted a P1 mask to go with my 1:1 bust but this is the final collectible I buy from sideshow!!!

I'm in the middle of repainting the whole thing. Just finished fixing up this area:

Still needs to be sanded a bit more and primered, then on to repainting the entire helmet.

(before)
Looks like you are missing one hole in that area. There should be provisions for 3 wires on that section. Does look much better though, the casting quality is pretty low.

#16 just arrived at my house..I will check it out tonight and see if mine suffers from any of the same issues posted

Got #53 and they even have the nerve to have inspected it :slap one light flickers and the base magnet is just beyond terrible. This POS is going back first thing Monday morning.

Back