Pop Culture Shock: John Carpenter's The Thing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand your frustration...... I remember looking for pics when sdcc was I'm full effect ...... But nothing came out...... I can't give up on finally having a mcready, he's pretty much up there at the top of my list with mcfly, guardians of the galaxy, snake and a few others. I just thought they would have some kind of prototype for us to see at least.

I've been on to Jerry a few times. His whole mantra is 'it'll be ready when it's ready' so if you think SS or HT are slow, get ready for a new definition of the word.

He said before that the costuming was causing them problems, same with the Sons of Anarchy figures. He has hired people that worked for HT to refine them for release. The Mac figure was meant to be shown at Wondercon in April, then SDCC, then NYCC, now it's next year. I've lost any interest in it, will forget about it until it pops up randomly.

Sucks it's taking so long, but at least he's going the right way about it. Especially with the SOA figures. Rather wait for good product, instead of receiving oversized dollie clothes.

Cake anyone?

vrww88.jpg

nd7ddc.jpg

That is absolutely disgusting!

I love it! :)

Here is a custom of MacReady I made long time ago with the beard, snow etc... Still want to make it more accurate..but maybe soon.

Almost done Tell what you think?

Last edited:
posted couple more pics.. :)

Cool! Can we see a closer look at his face?? When I receive the painted head I will post my custom Macready finished too.

If I were you I would make him wear a not so tight jacket and try to weather it. Also I like him more with gloved hands.

Cool! Can we see a closer look at his face?? When I receive the painted head I will post my custom Macready finished too.

If I were you I would make him wear a not so tight jacket and try to weather it. Also I like him more with gloved hands.

I will post more. I have bendable hands with black gloves they aren't that good at all, I need sculpted hands. The jacket that's the closet I can find for now. It's not that bad considering he is wearing a hoodie underneath . I seen some Macready where the jacket is so tight and fat. I still working on him i'm happy so far :)

The jacket is weathered, just can't see much from the light.

[QUOTE kam veitch]Cool! Can we see a closer look at his face?? When I receive the painted head I will post my custom Macready finished too.

Last edited:
Is this your jacket?

X54 25 1 6 Hot ZCWO Carson Air Force Pilot Leather Jacket | eBay

This is the one I have

Wild Toys 1 6 A2 Black Jacket Only Leather Like Fashion A 2 Jacket WT018G | eBay

I added buttons to the two pockets and the fur from your jacket (that i purchased earlier) to the second jacket after painting it. Also weather it. It doesnt look fat or tight, I dont fully close it because I dont want to, but I can, with a hoodie under included.

Check this WIP

Demencias del siglo XXI: Fabricando figura MacReady - La Cosa - THE THING - Part 24

Demencias del siglo XXI: Fabricando figura MacReady - La Cosa - THE THING - Part 21

BASE looks amazing, Mine has The Thing logo on it.

Waiting for the pianted head to arrive and maybe add some more snow and change the boots for ones with real lace.

Last edited:
Is this your jacket?

X54 25 1 6 Hot ZCWO Carson Air Force Pilot Leather Jacket | eBay

This is the one I have

Wild Toys 1 6 A2 Black Jacket Only Leather Like Fashion A 2 Jacket WT018G | eBay

I added buttons to the two pockets and the fur from your jacket (that i purchased earlier) to the second jacket after painting it. Also weather it. It doesnt look fat or tight, I dont fully close it because I dont want to, but I can, with a hoodie under included.

Check this WIP

Demencias del siglo XXI: Fabricando figura MacReady - La Cosa - THE THING - Part 24

Demencias del siglo XXI: Fabricando figura MacReady - La Cosa - THE THING - Part 21

BASE looks amazing, Mine has The Thing logo on it.

Waiting for the pianted head to arrive and maybe add some more snow and change the boots for ones with real lace.

It's the Carson Airforce I picked up. I have the fur but looked not so good. but can add it whenever.

I like both version you have going, looks great! after looking at Macready I wanna make upgrades to the clothing/hands asap :lol

Thanks! the base turned out like I wanted.

Where did you find that 1/6 scale coleman lamp????, I've been looking everywhere and couldn't find it.

It's the Carson Airforce I picked up. I have the fur but looked not so good. but can add it whenever.

I like both version you have going, looks great! after looking at Macready I wanna make upgrades to the clothing/hands asap :lol

Thanks! the base turned out like I wanted.

Where did you find that 1/6 scale coleman lamp????, I've been looking everywhere and couldn't find it.

your inbox is full

I made upgrades to the hands and boots - weathered them, added more snow to the base and around the figure. hope you enjoy, leave some comments :)

Last edited:
Back