Pop Culture Shock GENERAL URSUS on Horseback 1:4 Scale Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just curious...are most people that are pre-ordering paying in full? I know there is a significant discount (20%) but they are also holding your money for a full year (and probably, longer with the inevitable delays these things tend to encounter). Anybody have a problem with this?

Also, I can't even find the Ceasar statue on the PCS site anymore...did it sell out (no wait list?), was it cancelled?

Just curious...are most people that are pre-ordering paying in full? I know there is a significant discount (20%) but they are also holding your money for a full year (and probably, longer with the inevitable delays these things tend to encounter). Anybody have a problem with this?

Also, I can't even find the Ceasar statue on the PCS site anymore...did it sell out (no wait list?), was it cancelled?

The interest or income you could generate holding on to your money vs paying in full will never offset the huge discount. Paying in full is 100% the way to go. If you cannot afford to pay in full you should be spending your money more wisely than buying expensive statues.

The interest or income you could generate holding on to your money vs paying in full will never offset the huge discount. Paying in full is 100% the way to go. If you cannot afford to pay in full you should be spending your money more wisely than buying expensive statues.

It's not about the interest or whether or not I can afford the statue (which I can) for me, it's about the choosing between this piece and the many others will be up for PO/released over the full year or so. If I change my mind, something better comes along, or it turns out horrible, I'm concerned about what, if anything, the penalty might be for cancelling. I've never pre-ordered from this company before.

Pay in full, every time. 20% of is huge. No problem paying in advance, as I prefer that method. I don't like payments and I wish sideshow offered the PCS type discounts for paying full, in advance. You can also sell and transfer your PCS orders if you no longer want it. You will usually make money selling them, too.

51 sold so far. Im happy with that.

This is something I personally wanted to do so i did it. I knew the price would be a turn off to many, but I wasnt going to compromise the design or the quality to get the price lower.

Over the next few months I feel confident we will sell at least 100, which is the number I need to break even.

Sometimes its not about money.

Looks like this line might continue.

A lot of people also wait till the Item is actually out before deciding to buy it or not.
If this is as nice as the photos look, they'll be able to move many more then too.

iirc the remainder they essentially passed on to retailers to take orders for, or something ;p

or possibly like Caesar they just stopped taking new orders as it's too far along the process to make new ones (essentially cutting the edition short).

I emailed PCS about why this statue is no longer available for pre-order on the PCS website. Today, Dustin at PCS customer service responded by saying "This statue is sold out":(

I wonder if they sold enough to make another classic POTA piece... or was this always gonna be a "one and done" piece?

As impressive as the piece is, the face sculpt doesn't look much like Ursus... more like a generic gorilla.

Don't get me wrong, I love the piece... I wish I could afford it.

Last edited:
sold out probably being that they cut the es short like caeser as aforementioned ;p

They must have cut it way short. Such a shame...I really wanted this. I'm sure that they would have sold out once in hand pics started circulating.

Back