Pop Culture Shock GENERAL URSUS on Horseback 1:4 Scale Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're Never gonna get a Better Looking POTA Statue than this!
If these couldn't sell, no one is ever gonna roll the dice again on an Apes line.

Jerry might try again with the new PoTA, but I think it's gonna end poorly again..... Caeser was hardly phenomenal in sales.

Man this is so sad. Pota never seems to keep a success. Such a beautiful piece that no one will have...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

More pics of the good general has surfaced on Pop Culture Shock's Facebook page.

Here's a sample:

View attachment 182476

View attachment 182477

View attachment 182478

View attachment 182479

Was not even aware of this statue, pity. But my take on why this did not sell well is the mixed media, (am not aware if this company only does mixed media statues), as the mane & tail of horse look silly & limp to me, as well as the blank stare the horse portrait conveys, like a taxidermy stuffed head. A sculpted mane & tail would have given the piece more movement, & of course the horse portrait still needed work. Also fabric on Ursus arms & legs make them look empty/hollow. Fully sculpted would have been the way to go. A shame, as this truly could have been one of the best "Apes" statues ever. Who knows, maybe they can retool it & try again.

Was not even aware of this statue, pity. But my take on why this did not sell well is the mixed media, (am not aware if this company only does mixed media statues), as the mane & tail of horse look silly & limp to me, as well as the blank stare the horse portrait conveys, like a taxidermy stuffed head. A sculpted mane & tail would have given the piece more movement, & of course the horse portrait still needed work. Also fabric on Ursus arms & legs make them look empty/hollow. Fully sculpted would have been the way to go. A shame, as this truly could have been one of the best "Apes" statues ever. Who knows, maybe they can retool it & try again.
I think it's a little too late for that. I wish they would revisit this. Now, we'll never know.

the price was a rip off anyway and the statue looked cheap! also maybe if the horse did not look like a kangaroo it might have had a chance to sell more.

the price was a rip off anyway and the statue looked cheap! also maybe if the horse did not look like a kangaroo it might have had a chance to sell more.

LOL. I never noticed just how off the horse was, and it does look like a kangaroo! That said, I am sure it would have been a heck of a display piece. Still, 1/4 for a horse is just too damn big/pricey for what is not the character. I mean, I have the 1/5 Pursuit piece and that horse is big enough. Just upped the price far too much.

Perhaps if they would have gone with something simpler with a lower price point, it would have been more appealing for collectors. Something this grandiose for a license with an obvious small fan base is just not going to sell well. Those who remember: it took a long time for Sideshow's ape PF to sell through.

I had some interest in this before it seemed to quickly disappear from the Pop Culture website. I guess my SS Dr. Zaius PF will remain my only 1/4 scale piece from the original POTA series.

Perhaps if they would have gone with something simpler with a lower price point, it would have been more appealing for collectors. Something this grandiose for a license with an obvious small fan base is just not going to sell well. Those who remember: it took a long time for Sideshow's ape PF to sell through.

I couldn't agree more. What were they thinking making it so elaborate and therefore more expensive!

Just having the good general in a "Invade!" stance would have been a better, safer choice.

On a side note, after years on my shelf, my Dr. Zaius PF finally decided to drop the exclusive rag doll breaking one of it's arms! ARGH! I had the doll attached with a clear rubber band unfortunately which broke in time. Why didn't Sideshow sculpt a swapable gloved hand with the baby firmly attached? Cheap bastards!

Someday I'm gonna get the head of the PF Zaius re-painted. As is he has that typical Sideshow red eye stoned/drunk look to him.

Last edited:
Back