Statue Pop Culture Shock: An American Werewolf In London

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any others besides dog soldiers that is werewolf and high quality? Never really watched a true werewolf film til these. Guess I should watch the original wolfman but not a fan of universal. Monsters.

The first Howling, Silver Bullet, and Ginger Snaps are some of my favorites and what I would consider some of the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dog Soldiers remains my favorite, though I don't think there's been a film yet that does complete justice to the werewolf legend.

I'm kind of shocked at the love American Werewolf in London gets - I thought the movie was pretty average, and the werewolf design is my least favorite after the Harry Potter were-rat/chihuahua.

I'd rate The Howling even lower than AWiL, but I definitely liked that werewolf design better.

I really like Van Helsing, even though it's a PG-13 cheesefest. The werewolf designs were very well-done I thought.

I don't like the tiny chicken feet on the howling wolf. Everything else is good. AWIL is the only one that walks on all 4's that I know of , makes him unique. Van helsing was cool, but I'll take practical effects over any cgi design. I'd say dog soldiers are my 2nd fav, followed by the lycans.

I don't think werewolves have gotten the attention in cinema like vampires or zombies have, and within that film collection, only a few good werewolf movies have been made, IMO. The ones mentioned are at the top of my list too. I also liked Wolf.

I don't like the tiny chicken feet on the howling wolf. Everything else is good. AWIL is the only one that walks on all 4's that I know of , makes him unique. Van helsing was cool, but I'll take practical effects over any cgi design. I'd say dog soldiers are my 2nd fav, followed by the lycans.
Yeah, the chicken legs annoy me, but they do give it a nice, creepy vibe and overall I think it's a solid design. I do wish the snout and face were a bit more elongated though. As it is it almost looks too cat-like.

That's one of the things I don't like about the AWiL werewolf. I like my werewolves to be primarily bipedal, but with the ability to walk on all fours. Also I think the AWiL looks like a baboon. :lol I still want one though.

I completely agree about Van Helsing. I bet that's the reason we don't see any collectibles of those werewolves. Which is very sad because they're my favorite under Dog Soldiers.

I like the lycan designs but much prefer the "true form" that is William. Such a shame we won't be getting a William bust/1/3 Maquette from ECC.

I'm not sure what this is from, but I found it while looking at werewolf pics on Google, and I'm loving it:

b23f7206754b106356794dd1903ed7a8.jpg

The big cat ears might've been worse than the feet for the howling wolf. After looking at the dog soldier designs, it actually looks like a 7ft Alaskan husky that can walk on two feet. The film just did a good job with lighting. William looked awesome, too much hair to see from ecc though.

After looking at the dog soldier designs, it actually looks like a 7ft Alaskan husky that can walk on two feet. The film just did a good job with lighting.
The head doesn't look monsterish at all, just like a generic grey wolf, but the entire body is very werewolf-y. I like the sickly, hairless skin, and the overall body shape is what I love the most. Very tall, very thin, very demonic.

When you see silhouettes of them running through the trees in the dark, mist-filled woods, they just look phenomenal.

This is what I'm talking about:

hqdefault.jpg

tumblr_m2i8uvHfLV1r9r8p4o1_500.jpg

I haven't seen dog soldiers....guess I'll have to.
It's not Oscar-worthy or anything, but it's simply a great werewolf movie. It's been often described as a mix of Predator and Aliens, but with werewolves.

movie night tonight, gonna rewatch american werewolf, watching howling, and then demons

wooooo

Yep, heard it's awesome. So I'm looking forward to that.

My first werewolf experience was goosebumps believe or not. I forgot which episode but it scared the **** out of me

edit: finished AWIL for my second time now, and my only gripe with it is the end. It shouldn't have just cut to some cheesy song, it should have just had the camera pan out with credits scrolling on top of the film. Oh well.

YES

I should go watch that too. Old goosebump episodes were the best.

I hope pcs does a jack statue. With his face all gnawed and messy. And switch out toast.

This is an instabuy for me.

I hope there's blood on his fangs. Or at least the option like judge dredd

This looks fantastic! I just don't have room. Hmmm... maybe I could just bring it out during Halloween!

The stair base is so plain. I wonder what the plan is for that. The wolf pose is very dynamic and menacing.

Back