Pokemon D-Arts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if the Blastoise will have the option of removing the Pump Cannons and you can close it's shell? I mean it's like that in the Anime so why not?

I bet Venusaur will come with a Solar Beam/Vine Whip effect :rock

I wonder if the Blastoise will have the option of removing the Pump Cannons and you can close it's shell? I mean it's like that in the Anime so why not?

I bet Venusaur will come with a Solar Beam/Vine Whip effect :rock

They're definitely removable, you can see in the picture that BBTS has listed how the part of the shell that is open is on a hinge. Bandai always gets things right with these kind of figures. :)

I wonder if they all come with cool Pokeball bases like Mew Two.. probably not.

I e-mailed BBTS asking if they would get more Charizard in stock for pre-order and they said no.

It sold out very fast and I'm glad I got my PO's on Mewtwo, Charizard and Blastoise when they first went up. I'm sure they will go on the secondary market for over 100$ soon after release.

Well, Mewtwo was sold out as well but it's back up for Preorder again. I expect the reason is because he comes out this month and some people are getting cold feet due to money or whatever.

So I'd assume they'll be a window to snag Charizard too just before he ships.

Hmm, Gundam Planet has him listed as April. I wonder when he'll actually drop. I can't wait to see some in-hand pics from overseas. I'm tempted to grab an extra if they're going to be popular. I missed out on the early Digimon releases and I wouldn't mind getting an extra Mew Two or Charizard so I can sell it to buy Wargreymon.

Oh, well, BBTS still has him listed for March. So I guess we'll find out soon enough huh.

I'm glad to have secured my Mewtwo and Blastoise so if worse comes to worse and Charizard doesn't become available again then at least I'll only have to back track and hunt down one pokemon. I'd hate to come in late and miss a whole bunch!

Keep in mind that the relatively cheap amazon figuarts and d arts that come up on amazon and diamond previews are solicited domestically by Bluefin. They license with bandai directly to bring stuff here.

I don't think they're able to sell the Pokemon ones here because the US license is held by another company. BBTS is almost certainly importing these themselves which is why they're selling them for a bit more. Amazon may still get third party sellers selling them but they will also be pricey.

On the plus side for people importing from HLJ and amiami, the yen conversion rate is pretty favorable right now.

And just like that the Blastoise PO is sold out at BBTS!!!

That's insanely quick... I wonder how much of the allotment BBTS gets for preorders.

I'm guessing most places are getting pretty small orders. I think they're in for a surprise, b/c 1st generation Pokemon stuff has a bigger fan base than people think. Still, Mew Two must be doing well because we're getting Charizard, and same with Blastoise. I'm sure we'll see Venasaur soon.

So BBTS still has Mewtwo listed for March and since we're nearing the end of the month, I was wondering if anybody heard anything of it's release....

Also does anybody have an idea when Venusaur will go up for preorder?

On a side note, do you guys thinks this line will be as popular as their Megaman line?

Last edited:
So BBTS still has Mewtwo listed for March and since we're nearing the end of the month, I was wondering if anybody heard anything of it's release....

On a side note, do you guys thinks this line will be as popular as their Megaman line?

I think these will sell better than the Megaman figures. Pokemon has been a consistant seller for years.

How big are these? If they're small ill just stick to my burger king Pokemon toys.

Since they are asking $40-$60 a pop for these the quality of these pieces better be better than any toy you'd ever find at Burger King...

Also based on the pics of the prototypes these are of decent size. For example I don't see someone yanking out that Venusaur out of a happy meal.

I think these will sell better than the Megaman figures. Pokemon has been a consistant seller for years.

I think you're right. My nine year old brother, who I don't belive has ever seen the anime, knows exactly who Pikachu is. As most kids probably do.

I actually showed him a pic of the Mewtwo prototype and I asked him if he knew what it was.

He started with an "I don't know" followed immedeately by "Is that a pokemon?".

BBTS is crazy. Mewtwo doesn't release in Japan until 3/31, and I don't know that I've ever seen BBTS get an import from Japan in the next month. I highly doubt we'll see even the first shipment of Mewtwo hit BBTS before May.

BBTS has Blastoise up for pre-order again for those that missed it

Good for those who missed him. Now why can't Charizard come back in stock...!

Charizard still sold out though...:monkey2

I know, I've been checking every day to see if he was available again, but no luck yet.

BBTS is crazy. Mewtwo doesn't release in Japan until 3/31, and I don't know that I've ever seen BBTS get an import from Japan in the next month. I highly doubt we'll see even the first shipment of Mewtwo hit BBTS before May.

I hope you're wrong. I've been looking forward to getting him this month. This wouldn't be the first time they've imported from Japan so I'd hope they'd know what they were talking about.

Amiami currently has all 3 available for PO.

Thanks so much! I just preordered Charizard from AmiAmi as a back up plan just in case, for whatever reason, I miss out on BBTS.

Ah, great. Able to stay away from Pokémon for almost a year and I enter this thread. Can already see my display, the three mains & box art & strategy guides... :drool

For EU peeps, this shop in Belgium also has them for pre-order https://www.archonia.com/mangashop/nl/main/. About € 60,- a pop seems decent I guess, within the normal EU inflation.

Without this forum I never would have noticed these figures. Still got my Ivysaur Tomy from 15 years ago. Why am I more excited over damn Pokémon than Sideshow stuff I have on order that costs 10 times as much? :slap

Back